No luck on my side either there's still some hope about getting it this way week. The manager of a cafe i work in now considers buying a s8 instead of a KEYone...
    05-10-17 10:39 AM

By the way, I wrote a mail to MediaMarkt yesterday, why the pre-orders seems not to be processed in the order, the pre-orders were set. Here is the (interesting) answer: it seems to depend on the location (city), payment method and so on. Defenitly the last time i pre-ordered at MediaMarkt...
    05-10-17 10:55 AM
    Hey everyone,

i just recieved my Keyone two days ago via mail from MM (ordered on 25th of march).

Unfortunatly my device has uneven backlight concerning the keys "V" , "B" , "0" and "sym" above and next to the spacebar. Theses keys are noticeably more dimm on the lower half then the rest of the keys on the keyboard.

Does anybody of you noticed something similar on your devices too?
    Saw it the same day and already mentioned in another thread. Went back to Selfridges where I got mine and had a look at all 4 test units and they all had the same issues. So I didn't change mine. Anyway happy camper.
    It just occurs in some light conditions. When it is really dark it is not that bad.
    05-10-17 10:56 AM
    Few seconds ago i got an email with awesome news! More delays! Now my pre-order will be available from W23. They updated their site's delivery time to three weeks. My rage level is over the moon...
    Keep in mind: we got this Mail (delay to week 20) also last week and some of US habe the Device already, despite that news.

So, don't give up.
    05-10-17 11:05 AM
    Same with me. Last week I cancelled my online-preorder at Saturn and placed a new one with MM ("abholbereit in 11-12 Werktagen"). Luckily this time I decided at Paypal "Zahlen Sie in 14 Tagen". Now I'll cancel the whole online-thing and start anew when the Phone is in the markets. All the more, as many reviews aren't that enthusiastic. Beeing a smartphone junkie I was (am) very keen on this telephone and since February really looked forward to getting it into my hands. I never owned a BB (apart form 4 days with the - to me: disapointing - Priv.) That's really embarrassing from BB. So: die Karawane zieht weiter. Nur dann eben ohne BB. Within the next 6 weeks a couple of different companies will introduce interesting new smartphones. I'll give them a try.
    DaMcL0v1n likes this.
    05-10-17 11:30 AM
    How can blackberry mess up a release so badly? Release was 4. Mai here. Delivery some time in june..
    German KEYone waiting room-img_20170510_183213.png

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    05-10-17 11:33 AM
    OMG I'm tripping... Just touched down on my holiday island when I get the mail that my K1 is being sent to the market for pick up..
    for the next two weeks I know I have a K1 waiting for me but not being picked up...
    Ouch... Hope you are not lying on the beach thinking about that sweet K1 back in good old Germany ;-)

CB10 on my Classic
    05-10-17 12:33 PM
    Hey folks,

just registered to suffer together with you and to share my unimportant thoughts on this.

The highest amount of money I have ever spent for a phone was the 80 EUR together with a reasonable contract for the BlackBerry Q10 back in 2014. I have never used anything else than PKB, because I simply like the touch. I always compare this to cars - technically there's no reason to despise an automatic gearbox, yet most people prefer a control gear. Therefore I still do not understand why the iPhone changed the smartphone world despite being way overpriced and having zero functionality back in the early days. Remember: Not even copy&paste - function, lol

Lacking alternatives and also being excited about the KeyOne since it was named Vienna, I decided that I would (in my opinion) do something crazy and would invest up to 400 EUR. Imagine my long face when I heard of the price tag in the MWC-Stream. After prolonged considerations and realizing that a PRIV for 300 EUR, possibly without ever being upgraded to Nougat, is not really a bargain and after realizing that the android apps become more and more incompatible with my Q10, I finally decided to preorder the phone at MM end of April.

And here I am. One of the biggest investments I ever made and now I've got to wait for god knows how long. Would I know that the PRIV got upgraded to Nougat, I would cancel my order right now and save some money and grab a PRIV instead (even if I don't like the slider-formfactor as much). But I guess I'm without options as no PKB is not an option. Neither are the QWERTY-Cases for Samsung phones - they seem to suck big time, considering some YouTube-reviews.

Kind regards,
    a BB-dependent
    05-10-17 01:27 PM
    well, mine is also delayed until June.

I cancelled it now and will just pick up the device my company offered as I cannot wait forever to replace my Classic (as I depend on travel, airline and hotel apps its pretty much a brick for e-mails)

As most of the people I will get used to the vkb, hate it to be dependent on one company to deliver a product.
    They had their fair second chance after the mess with the priv (I waited 2 month and hat to replace my first one after 1 day)

Thats how you lose a potential Customer (who actually knows there i a keyone, most people out there don't. Thaty why it will fail...again.)
    FuzzyManas and Obermuckel like this.
    05-10-17 01:52 PM
    05-10-17 02:11 PM
    The phone is worth the wait! I just picked up my KeyOne from MediaMarkt. Never expected to get a chance to get one earlier but a fellow Berliner helped me out who had pre ordered two. Cheers to the awesome BlackBerry community out there willing to help out a fellow Crackberry

Hopefully the phones will not be as delayed as the emails say for those waiting. It will be worth the wait!
    05-10-17 02:15 PM
    Thanks for linking the article.

I'm wondering where Golem has its information about the Deutsche Telekom release.

On their support page (Telekom hilft) itself the staff is stating no plans for the KEYone.

https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/H...2505602/page/3
    05-10-17 02:21 PM
    i remember the priv launch, kinda the same bullsh**
    05-10-17 02:37 PM
    The thing with the backlight is the Same with my Device. But now After nearly 2 days using the Keyone i can say that the battery lifetime is great. After a heavy using Day there are 63% battery left. Really awesome
    05-10-17 03:27 PM
    .... Would I know that the PRIV got upgraded to Nougat, I would cancel my order right now and save some money and grab a PRIV instead (even if I don't like the slider-formfactor as much)....
    a BB-dependent
    I know it's off topic....but why is getting nougat so important to you?

CB10 on my Classic
    05-10-17 04:01 PM
    I know it's off topic....but why is getting nougat so important to you?
    If I spend several hundred EUR on a Phone (which I normally refuse to do), I want to make sure that I can still use it in say 2-3 years without having to fear it cannot handle some Apps then anymore. And Marshmallow probably will be utterly outdated by then.

Besides, I suspect that newer OSes tend to have less security vulnerabilities. But that's just an assumption on my part.
    05-10-17 04:40 PM
    If I spend several hundred EUR on a Phone (which I normally refuse to do), I want to make sure that I can still use it in say 2-3 years without having to fear it cannot handle some Apps then anymore. And Marshmallow probably will be utterly outdated by then.

Besides, I suspect that newer OSes tend to have less security vulnerabilities. But that's just an assumption on my part.
    Fair point....
    05-10-17 05:07 PM
    The phone is worth the wait! I just picked up my KeyOne from MediaMarkt. Never expected to get a chance to get one earlier but a fellow Berliner helped me out who had pre ordered two. Cheers to the awesome BlackBerry community out there willing to help out a fellow Crackberry

Hopefully the phones will not be as delayed as the emails say for those waiting. It will be worth the wait!
    Worth the wait. Thats easy to say, once you have one in your own hands. But a comment like that is not as all helpful to the load of us who have been fooled by BB.
    05-10-17 06:03 PM
    05-11-17 12:48 AM
    It also mentions in there that Telekom will have it end of May.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 01:10 AM
    Available in germany next week (KW20) according to TCL/BB Mobile?

How is that possible, MediaMarkt just announced KW 23..
    FuzzyManas likes this.
    05-11-17 07:28 AM

Yep, I thought the same... I doubt that all of us will get a device next week... But we'll see...
    05-11-17 07:46 AM

Where did you get that info from?
    05-11-17 07:49 AM
    Where did you get that info from?
    Follow the link in Post 644
    bottecla likes this.
    05-11-17 07:53 AM
    Hi Folks,
    I picked up my QWERTZ-KeyOne order from MediaMarkt yesterday.
    Really awesome phone quality and first impression.
    However after having it in my hands physically, I decided, that it's too big for me.

My plan is to send it back.
    Anyone impatient here who would like to buy it from me? (Incl. receipt on my name)
    I'm fine with selling it for the original price, plus shipping costs.
    I only booted the device once to get a first impression of the camera and so on. It is perfectly new and unused apart from the display protection foils

Please contact me if you are interested. I'm living in Essen, Germany. Maybe someone even lives close by and could come and pick it up.
    05-11-17 08:04 AM
818 ... 2425262728 ...