Once again:

can somebody tell me how i can cancel my media markt pre order?

i have no possibility to pick up the phone in the next 4 weeks, so I prefer to wait until the fault-free devices come to the market...
    You should be able to cancel it via your MM Online account.

05-05-17 10:43 AM
    Once again:

Log into your MediaMarkt Account and go to your order. Click onto details and cancel your oder on the button to the right.
    05-05-17 10:51 AM
    Kann dir gerne meins für 700 überlassen. Soeben beit saturn Kleve abgeholt. Hatte vorbestellt
    Wäre schon verlockend, aber jetzt ist Wochenende da schätze ich fast dass meine Vorbestellung früher da ist als deins wenn du's verschickst Trotzdem danke für's Angebot!
    05-05-17 10:56 AM
    Once again:

i have no possibility to pick up the phone in the next 4 weeks, so I prefer to wait until the fault-free devices come to the market...
    call or E-mail the media markt support
    05-05-17 11:07 AM
    I just got back from Saturn Berlin (Potsdamer Platz), I was inside the mall anyways and figured I'd go pay them a visit to gather some intel for the community.

After the obligatory "What? BlackBerry still exists?! No, we don't have that phone in store." the kind employee logged into the warehouse system and showed me the current stock:

- current stock (online webshop): -143 devices
    - current stock (different Saturn stores in Berlin/Brandenburg): ~ -6

So overall there are roughly ~150 devices on preorder from customers which Saturn can not supply as of today.

He did not have a set date in his system as to when new devices should arrive at the national Saturn warehouse, but he stated that there already has been a request to the procurement department to update the system with an expected delivery date. No answer from the supplier/manufacturer yet.

Maybe this is of interest to some of you guys.
    Pd91 and ExecMUC like this.
    05-05-17 11:24 AM
    I just got back from Saturn Berlin (Potsdamer Platz), I was inside the mall anyways and figured I'd go pay them a visit to gather some intel for the community.

After the obligatory "What? BlackBerry still exists?! No, we don't have that phone in store." the kind employee logged into the warehouse system and showed me the current stock:

So overall there are roughly ~150 devices on preorder from customers which Saturn can not supply as of today.

He did not have a set date in his system as to when new devices should arrive at the national Saturn warehouse, but he stated that there already has been a request to the procurement department to update the system with an expected delivery date. No answer from the supplier/manufacturer yet.

Maybe this is of interest to some of you guys.
    Given the fact that there is only a small figure of devices delivered via saturn (let's say 200 in favor of TCL), that would mean that only 350 people pre-ordered a K1 via the Media Markt saturn.

being the only shops where the K1 is available, that is a sad figure for TCL / BB.
    Time to face the naked facts and figures: BlackBerry is dead!!
    05-05-17 11:28 AM
    So I just picked it up at my local store, attached is a picture of the device in all its QWERTZ glory.

For those who are interested:
    My particular phone has been made in China and is pretty much fresh from the oven, manufacturing date was April 28th. So the phone is just a week old.

Very first impressions - I haven't booted it up yet - is highly positive. This thing is just build like a true BlackBerry: Heavy without heavy actually being "heavy" but rather solid, premium feel. If anybody owned the Passport SE or BlackBerry Classic, you'll know what I mean.
    The keyboard is basically the very same size as the one on my Priv, maybe a tad wider, height of the keys is similar. The keys are more sculpted, they are slightly clickier but not like the Classic. Typing feel seems to be similar with the Priv, although the keys seem to have more travel, which is a good thing IMHO.Attachment 422542

Edit: The SIM/SD-tray feels *very* flimsy. It seems the actual tray is not securely enough attached to the bracket which belnds in with the aluminum bezel of the phone - as if the screws are loose.
    The notification LED is very bright, I actually had serious doubts because the cut-out for it looked pretty small, at least smaller than on previous BlackBerry phones. It is actually better than it was on the Classic or Priv.
    Is this the first K1 QWERTZ picture?
    05-05-17 11:36 AM
    Media Markt isn't even on blackberrymobile.com anymore - only Saturn.
    05-05-17 11:41 AM
    THIS is the reason I'm buying 2 KEYone's. I will store one of them to last for ever. The KEYone will be the last great keyboard phone this planet will ever see.
    05-05-17 11:43 AM
    Given the fact that there is only a small figure of devices delivered via saturn (let's say 200 in favor of TCL), that would mean that only 350 people pre-ordered a K1 via the Media Markt saturn.

being the only shops where the K1 is available, that is a sad figure for TCL / BB.
    Time to face the naked facts and figures: BlackBerry is dead!!
    Well, I reckon there is a quite large number of German KEYone customers who are not being active on this board. I would maybe go as far as to round the overall number of devices ordered by MediaMarkt/Saturn to 500 or 1.000 pcs nationally. A number of users already got their KEYone from Saturn (preorders).

This should in now way be an excuse for TCL/BB for apparently not shipping the devices in time for the official release date. But looking at all of the facts that were gathered in this thread I'd say both parties screwed up this launch big time. MediaMarkt/Saturn for not ordering enough and TCL/BB for not delivering in time.

One more (maybe not that) important fact: MediaMarkt has been removed from the official German BBMobile website:

BlackBerry® KEYone - DE

This must've happened during the last ~18 hours since yesterday MediaMarkt & Saturn were both still listed on the site. A couple of weeks/months back there were even more stores on the website.
    05-05-17 11:44 AM
    Was just about to post that screenshot @CptBerry

Really strange things happen here...

German KEYone waiting room-saturn.png
    05-05-17 11:46 AM
    I guess Jan Ole just bought an overpriced KEYone. ^^

German KEYone waiting room-ebay.png
    05-05-17 11:54 AM
    Being on the crackberry forum one might get the impression that the whole world is waiting to get this phone....reality looks much more bleak.

CB10 on my Classic
    05-05-17 11:55 AM
    It's almost as if they've never done anything like a phone launch before - and not bothered to ask for directions
    mbirth likes this.
    05-05-17 11:56 AM
    What really baffles me is the reaction CrackBerry is showing - which is none. Whatsoever. I tried tweeting CBKevin about this issue multiple times and I reckon that the CrackBerry staff is following this thread as well, it being the big launch for BlackBerry it is. But nobody seems to really have any interest in shedding some light on this messed up launch in Germany.

I'm not trying to be the f***ing white knight here, but CrackBerry is the biggest and - let's face it - only source of BlackBerry news online. I wish there would be some investigation into this matter to give the community and potential customers some insight as far as "What? When? Where?" the KEYone will be available for German customers. I am sure CrackBerry has a better connection to BlackBerry and TCL than any of us forum users, and they should use their communication channels to keep us updated. But - nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebAy.PNG 
Views:	296 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	422560
    hahaha.....

CB10 on my Classic
    I guess it's time for a german BlackBerry blog again. Will 100 views per month generate significant ad revenue?
    05-05-17 11:57 AM
    OK. Now think about that 700€ again. ^^
    Sorry but I will keep it As you already stated, weekend is ahead anyways so getting this phone to you will most likely take until tuesday. Besides I am actually pretty happy with the device, now that it works, it just works. So far I haven't encountered any more problems besides that wobbling and flimsy card tray.
    @koebi90
    If you have a Saturn account, you can cancel your order via your account control panel. If you have ordered as a guest, you have to either give them a call and state your order number or you could also try contacting them via mail. Here is the link to their official FAQ:
    https://hilfe.saturn.de/app/answers/detail/a_id/5063

After a few hours of using the phone, here are some additional observations:
    - The backlight for the capacitive buttons is pretty uneven, the very left "back" button lights up pretty bright, the other two are rather dim
    - So far I have less problems hitting those three buttons accidently while typing or swiping up than I actually thought
    - Swiping up in the middle is slightly awkward since the spacebar is not capacitive
    - Keyboard backlight is actually pretty good! B and V keys are slightly dimmer than the rest, but it is definitely better than it was on some earlier pre-production units
    - The spacebar is very clicky, almost like the Classic or older Bold devices. It feels a bit weird hitting it when typing fast.
    - The integrated fingerprint scanner is, as far as I can tell, very good. I had the Galaxy Note 7 last year, which is said to have a verry good scanner too, and the KeyOne is just as good if not better. Unlocking the phone works very fast and so far it recognized my thumb every single time
    - That monospeaker is very loud, yet when viewing videos it is more prone to be covered by my hand - unlike the Priv which had a front-facing speaker
    - Call quality is very good
    - Signal quality seems to be very similar to the Priv
    - Maybe it is just me or I just need to get used to the new keyboard, but typing seems to be more exhausting than it is on the Priv. Most likely related to the stiffer keys with logner travel
    - Build quality again is very good, card tray aside, however the back of the phone is not as grippy as I thought it would be. Both the Passport SE and the Classic had better and grippier backcovers
    - So far I haven't encountered any software flaws, the phone seems to be snappy with just some occasional lags when loaded heavy. The one flaw I did encounter was with the built-in CalDAV support, it didn't sync with my CalDAV calendar, although no errors were reported. Switching over to DAVdroid and it worked straight on. That problem already existed on the initial Priv software btw.
    05-05-17 11:59 AM
    I guess it's time for a german BlackBerry blog again. Will 100 views per month generate significant ad revenue?
    www.blackberrybase.net
    05-05-17 12:04 PM
    Thanks for sharing your findings with us. Well I did absolutely expect backlighting issues. I bought about 10 (used) Classics and only 2 of them had even keyboard backlighting. I preordered from Saturn AND MediaMarkt because I expect at least one of them to have such flaws.
    05-05-17 12:17 PM
    Any news from Saturn or Media Markt? MM says they'll get their stock in around 11 days while Saturn only states that "der Artikel ist bald verfügbar ". So when exactly is "soon"? I haven't preordered yet, so I'd like to know in which shop I could possibly get the phone more quickly.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 12:21 PM
    I just got back from Saturn Berlin (Potsdamer Platz)
    Haha, that's where I pre-ordered mine, too. I called them around 5pm and the guy said they have no stock in whole Berlin and don't know anything about specific dates.

What really baffles me is the reaction CrackBerry is showing - which is none. Whatsoever.
    Not only this, this is - after the PRIV - the second "big" launch of their Android lineup and one would think they learn from the previous one. Or from other manufacturers. But no, it's - again - a total f§#k up.
    05-05-17 12:26 PM
    Thanks Taigatrommel for your "review" :-). How is the keyboard compared to Classic? I find Classic's keyboard rather tough. I've preferred 9780 ones more.

Posted via CB10
    Any news from Saturn or Media Markt? MM says they'll get their stock in around 11 days while Saturn only states that "der Artikel ist bald verfügbar ". So when exactly is "soon"? I haven't preordered yet, so I'd like to know in which shop I could possibly get the phone more quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Both shops have negative inventory already, which means there are more pre-orders than units available. Next stock for Saturn is expected to arrive sometime next week, Media Markt expects it the week after. However it could be pretty much possible Saturn will get their shipment next Friday so the deliveries to customers won't arrive prior the week after anyways.

As of now it seems the first, initial shipment to meet the (paper)launch was heavily limited in terms of numbers, so if you haven't preordered by mid of April, you are out of luck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebAy.PNG 
Views:	296 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	422560
    hahaha of course I did not hahaha ������
    05-05-17 12:33 PM
818 ... 1415161718 ...