Moving from the Classic to the KeyOne got me thinking about what I've gained and what I've lost.

Gained:
    -A decent sized display w/o giving up the PKB.
    -A camera that takes pictures I actually want to keep.
    -Apps that work smoothly without jumping through hoops.

Lost:
    -Cellular connectivity and call quality.
    -General ease of use and set-up.
    -Compact size that's pocket friendly.

Thoughts...?
    Last edited by NCA510; 10-11-17 at 12:27 AM.
    phuoc and nvsfg like this.
    10-10-17 09:57 PM
    Moving from the Classic to the KeyOne got me thinking about what I've gained and what I've lost.

Gained:

Lost:

Thoughts...?
    I remember when the complaint from some was that the Q10 wasn't compact or pocket friendly.... they really wanted the Q5, but that never made it to wide release.
    10-11-17 12:18 PM
    The Q10 was small

Do you mean the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-11-17 12:33 PM
    The Q10 was small

Do you mean the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    No the Q10... many coming from BBOS were Curve owner, the large format took some getting use to for them (me, my last PKB was the 9650). They would have had a heart attack if the Passport had been the first PKB phone
    10-11-17 02:34 PM
    Lost:

Thoughts...?
    I would say cellular connectivity is generally better on the classic but I don't see an lesser call quality on the KEYone. Ease of use and set up I found to be very simple with android. I still find the KEYone compact and pocket friendly compared to most android devices. Larger than the classic, yes, but it's a perfect size in my opinion.
    Bbnivende and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-11-17 02:54 PM
    I would say cellular connectivity is generally better on the classic but I don't see an lesser call quality on the KEYone. Ease of use and set up I found to be very simple with android. I still find the KEYone compact and pocket friendly compared to most android devices. Larger than the classic, yes, but it's a perfect size in my opinion.
    Yesterday in an building my old Classic had no connectivity issues at all my K1 had 1bar and 1X connection. I couldn't even open a web page, and I've had problems with outgoing and incoming calls dropping.
    10-11-17 05:47 PM

Gained:

Lost:

Thoughts...?
    I'm in the exact same situation as you. I loved my Classic (and still do!) and am sometimes tempted to go back to it; however, the gains that you listed are mutual. Don't forget the main gain of the better battery life!

I agree with you in that I like the better camera and apps, but I also miss the smaller form factor of the Classic. Really though, the KEYone is really just a bit taller than the Classic but is the same in terms of width.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-11-17 06:49 PM
    the Keyone is a serious phone. I didn't know a phone could inspire me to achieve greatness, but it has !
    10-11-17 08:36 PM
    None of the losses mentioned are bothering me. I find the KEYone to be the right size, and not difficult to set up or in use.
    10-11-17 08:46 PM
    I was using the Classic as my main BlackBerry before the KEYone, and I haven't noticed any worse call quality. The volume does seem to be lower on the speakerphone and earpiece though.
    10-12-17 12:39 AM
    Gains:
    - tremendous battery life EVEN if you use your KEYone for navigation (Waze, Google Maps). My Classic lasts all day under average use, but not if I use Waze (and I barely use it 45min per day)...
    - much faster calendar app! Classic has a nice calendar, but painfully slow (the only decent alternative, Calengoo has flaws of its own, and drains too much battery)... on KEYone, the calendar app is similar enough, but the screen is bigger (great week view!) and displays everything much faster (highly appreciated when navigating back and forth in your agenda entries).
    - fingerprint unlocking, one hell of a feature and perfectly implemented.

Loss:
    - highly tweakable and CONSISTENT led notification. I never miss a notification on my Classic. KEYone is very disappointing in this regard...
    - music player and sound restitution in general. Speaker and earpiece speaker.
    - keyboard: whatever people say, the keypad on the K1 is mushy and flat compared to the Classic (clicky and sculpted keys are important to me)... the spacebar is nice though (despite being much louder, but I don't care).
    - trackpad : the touch sensitive keypad can never replace the real deal, especially for text editing.
    - the various keyboards bugs (capitalization, word substitution, %B, etc.) that remain to be fixed many months after K1's release...
    - and other things but no deal-breakers in my opinion, more a matter of personal preference...
    10-12-17 02:32 AM