ATT sent us a couple of junk phones oh, Walmart burners. You're sitting there in the box and if the whole thing shuts off I can just slide the card over into one of those and live on. I'm still chanting in Sanskrit and making incantations and Counting the beads to get some kind of a keyboard phone out in time to spare me the indignity of trying to type on glass.
    If you get something like a Z Fold 3, the keyboard on the inner display will be extremely large, which should greatly help with accuracy on the inaccurate flat glass (well, plastic in that case). Also, good vibration motor/haptics help.

It's no real set of keys, but I won't pretend that some T9 burner phone is gonna bring a better typing experience JUST because the keys are physical.

T9 is awful.
    11-30-21 06:58 PM
    One reason for my personal preference for landscape oriented is my personal challenges with mobility limits. I preferred the key¹ to this KEY² KB and loved the passport albeit wider. I don't like the Titan KB at all. Alas…
    11-30-21 07:31 PM
    One reason for my personal preference for landscape oriented is my personal challenges with mobility limits. I preferred the key¹ to this KEY² KB and loved the passport albeit wider. I don't like the Titan KB at all. Alas…
    Get the most tolerable and biggest 5G carrier sold and supported device from whichever carrier offers the best 5G coverage in your network usage footprint. Buy a traditional Bluetooth PKB and sync with your device.
    11-30-21 08:58 PM
    BT PKB is on hand, waiting to see what comes. I've been drooling over a razr 5G at $600 off now $799 but wavy display, lackluster camera and battery life, and lack of QI charge and microSD expansion leaves me cold. But I absolutely loved the original Razr...
    11-30-21 09:42 PM
    BT PKB is on hand, waiting to see what comes. I've been drooling over a razr 5G at $600 off now $799 but wavy display, lackluster camera and battery life, and lack of QI charge and microSD expansion leaves me cold. But I absolutely loved the original Razr...
    The Samsung Z Flip 3 blows the Razr out of the water on every single aspect of the device.

Bigger/nicer screen, smaller package, lighter, better SoC, better camera, bigger battery, newer, etc, etc.

Plus it's not Chinese and comes with 4 years of updates.
    RLeeSimon and bh7171 like this.
    11-30-21 11:07 PM
    The Samsung Z Flip 3 blows the Razr out of the water on every single aspect of the device.

Bigger/nicer screen, smaller package, lighter, better SoC, better camera, bigger battery, newer, etc, etc.

Plus it's not Chinese and comes with 4 years of updates.
    It's far more dull looking than the RAZR. It just looks like a slab folded in half, while the RAZR has stylish curves found in hardly any device today.

And that's not going into the horribly unusable outer display of the Flip.

It's so blatant that I feel that Samsung intentionally kept it small so they can implement a bigger one in the next Flip 4 or 5, to give a reason for upgrading.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    12-01-21 06:12 AM
    Razr 5G is $600 off NOW at $799. If this is what I might try, it can be returned for 30 days.

My question is, it is UNLOCKED from Motorola. So, will it lock ATT stuff like pro vision for WiFi calling? Must I buy from ATT to have it? If I want, can the ATT bought device move to ™Mobile or would I be stuck? What about travel abroad? Will ATT unlock it still?
    12-01-21 06:37 AM
    Razr 5G is $600 off NOW at $799. If this is what I might try, it can be returned for 30 days.

My question is, it is UNLOCKED from Motorola. So, will it lock ATT stuff like pro vision for WiFi calling? Must I buy from ATT to have it? If I want, can the ATT bought device move to Mobile or would I be stuck? What about travel abroad? Will ATT unlock it still?
    If AT&T sells it, you should buy from them. If they don't, then make sure it's on the approved device list. In that order.
    Last edited by conite; 12-01-21 at 08:55 AM.
    12-01-21 08:27 AM

My question is, it is UNLOCKED from Motorola. So, will it lock ATT stuff like pro vision for WiFi calling? Must I buy from ATT to have it? If I want, can the ATT bought device move to ™Mobile or would I be stuck? What about travel abroad? Will ATT unlock it still?
    As always you need to check the bands of any device.... does it FULLY support T-Mobile and AT&T's networks? If not your going to face issues. If so, well with AT&T is it whitelisted?

Travel.... if you buy unlocked, AT&T doesn't relock it. But travel is going to be tricky with 5G phones.
    12-01-21 08:53 AM
    Whitelist shows both pocket folding offerings 5G Samsung Flip and Razr2

WHITELIST

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=X9z_PG8O

But whether wifi calling will work is a puzzlement

CAPABILITIES

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hzVLbCB1H7kNIA

ATT doesn't sell the Razr2 5G

And they do sell the Samsung Flip 5G

But there is little clarity as to what it will do... I do see where Wi-Fi Calling is OTA provisioned during setup but cannot find any clear indication if either model will work for that...

The next thing to figure out is the question of whether I get crummy signal at the location most important to me with AT&T 5G once it emerges and therefore would either of these devices whether it be the Motorola purchased unlocked for Motorola or the Samsung purchased from a t and t either of them would be able to be brought over fully functional including Wi-Fi calling and everything else if I move to T-Mobile.

Verizon is off the table because they don't have any signal around here at all. Why that is I don't know, but when people come to my home with Verizon phones they roam around in the front yard trying to find a signal. Further oh, I bought a mail-order security system for one of my buildings and had to return it because it was dependent on cellular signal from Verizon and could not latch on. So my security system is all through AT&T and actually works fine. Each part of the system has its own SIM card in a GSM module from Honeywell. That said some time ago that 3-g module needed to be upgraded to a 4G module when that occurred. I've had this system for some time and it works fine. But it has nothing to do with actual telephone Communications using handsets.
    12-01-21 10:29 AM
    Whitelist shows both pocket folding offerings 5G Samsung Flip and Razr2

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=5wKzM_rl

But whetherwifi calling will work is a puzzlement

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hzVLbCB1H7kNIA

ATT doesn't sell the Razr2 5G

And they do sell the Samsung Flip 5G

But there is little clarity as to what it will do... I do see where Wi-Fi Calling is OTA provisioned during setup but cannot find any clear indication if either model will work for that...
    The only guarantee is to buy from AT&T.
    12-01-21 10:31 AM
    The only guarantee is to buy from AT&T.
    Frankly, on a call to AT&T customer service where I actually spoke to an agent in El Salvador, they were unable to actually guarantee that the Samsung fold would actually be capable of Wi-Fi calling. Furthermore oh, they sell the Motorola Razr 5G not guarantee that that would be compatible either. So, guarantees exist all over the place but some things are guaranteed more than others.
    12-02-21 08:45 AM
    Frankly, on a call to AT&T customer service where I actually spoke to an agent in El Salvador, they were unable to actually guarantee that the Samsung fold would actually be capable of Wi-Fi calling. Furthermore oh, they sell the Motorola Razr 5G not guarantee that that would be compatible either. So, guarantees exist all over the place but some things are guaranteed more than others.
    If you looking for 100% guarantee.... no one can do that, as AT&T has no control over changes that Samsung or Google might make.

But odds are if you buy a Samsung phone FROM AT&T, it's going to be fully supported. If you buy the same phone from somewhere else.... your odds go down.

Wouldn't even consider the Razor....
    12-02-21 08:57 AM
    Razr, amorous feelings from the past. I cited above the closeout notice on there on pages. I think they're going to come out with another version soon? Others have mentioned this elsewhere. I'm going to wait.

"The company will reportedly work on refining its foldable design and may instead launch a new device in 2022. The Motorola Razr 5G was an iterative upgrade from the original, but the next foldable could be a more substantial upgrade.Jun 15, 2021" Google

Maybe later than sooner

https://www.androidcentral.com/motor...dable-redesign
    12-02-21 09:37 AM
    Razr, amorous feelings from the past. I cited above the closeout notice on there on pages. I think they're going to come out with another version soon? Others have mentioned this elsewhere. I'm going to wait.

"The company will reportedly work on refining its foldable design and may instead launch a new device in 2022. The Motorola Razr 5G was an iterative upgrade from the original, but the next foldable could be a more substantial upgrade.Jun 15, 2021" Google

Maybe later than sooner

https://www.androidcentral.com/motor...dable-redesign
    Apparently the RAZR 5G was quite a bit more reliable than the 2019 model. The third iteration can only be even better.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    12-02-21 10:16 AM
    If you buy the phone from AT&T, the WFC and other Enhanced Calling Features are supported or the phone is simply returnable. The key is purchasing from AT&T their certified version of the phone.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    12-02-21 11:40 AM
    Apparently the RAZR 5G was quite a bit more reliable than the 2019 model
    Ironically, my several days of testing a Razr 5g has re-kindled my love for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ lol.

One of the biggest drawbacks for me was how the folding mechanism felt. After years w/ the satisfying snap of the Priv slider, and actually even comparing it to the original Razr from back in the day (we found a whole bunch of old phones for the kids, my old Pearl, Curve, wifeys old Nextel hehe) now *that* was some satisfying flip action!

Screen was beautiful (if just a bit dim), it's fast as heck, speaker was quite loud, and design was outstanding. But between the glass back and the force required to swing it open - it's a far, far cry from the secure feeling of that rubbery back on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ/Priv.
    12-27-21 06:50 PM
42 12