Some months ago AT&T published a whitelist fairy no mention of the Blackberry keyone or any other model. That said, when I look at their most recent publication comedy hent whitelist does show the Blackberry keyone as well as the Blackberry Priv and I wonder if my Blackberry key2 or Titan is no longer accepted on AT&T network, can I just fire the Sim into one of those two out for mentioned models both of which I still own? I don't care a whit about having 5G speed. All I want to do is preserve connectivity.

https://bgr.com/tech/att-3g-network-...n-phones-work/

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=qvTMmQ2K
    11-29-21 09:19 AM
    Some months ago AT&T published a whitelist fairy no mention of the Blackberry keyone or any other model. That said, when I look at their most recent publication comedy hent whitelist does show the Blackberry keyone as well as the Blackberry Priv and I wonder if my Blackberry key2 or Titan is no longer accepted on AT&T network, can I just fire the Sim into one of those two out for mentioned models both of which I still own? I don't care a whit about having 5G speed. All I want to do is preserve connectivity.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=FVU8FjHD
    Only if you own the AT&T PRIV or AT&T KEYone since other versions aren't supported. I tested out last week both my factory unlocked PRIV and KEYone with AT&T SIM and both devices were blocked from phone calls, text, data until speaking with AT&T rep who confirmed no support after shutdown.
    11-29-21 09:44 AM

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=_Msf0Sp4
    Yes you can use any of the AT&T sold phones and it will connect, just not the unlocked variants of those same phone. Today a SIM would connect as a 3G/LTE phone, but in a few months only as an LTE phone... which could limit your "connectivity" in some areas where once you had 3G services.

5G is about more than speed, in fact in most locations the speed won't be any different than LTE. But the coverage can be much better than what LTE offers. It will come down to where you are and what kind of coverage these different network technologies offer... Once the 3G shutdown happens, those with only LTE connections will find that their family and friends that have 5G phones are more connected. "Can you hear my now" might become much more common for some....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-21 10:18 AM
    The further trouble for my personal Arrangement is that at my residence there is no AT&T signal to speak of at all although the signal provider tower sometimes visible when their leaves have fallen from the trees in the distance. In order to mitigate this AT&T has provided me, for some years, free of charge, a MicroCell which is a femtocell device. The device is 3-g, and when 3-g sunsets, the device will be a door stop. So I'm really worried about having no connectivity at all. People who come to my home who are T-Mobile customers find signal to be strong throughout. And are receiving 5G indication to boot. So I'm curious as to whether or a migration to T-Mobile might be up some wisdom. I've been with 18t for decades. My contractor's month-to-month so therefore I have nothing keeping me with a t & . That said currently everything including the MicroCell is working fine. Someday it won't.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 11-29-21 at 12:29 PM.
    11-29-21 10:34 AM
    The further trouble for my personal Arrangement is that at my residence there is no AT&T signal to speak up at all although the Power Rangers sometimes visible when their leaves have fallen from the trees in the distance. In order to mitigate this AT&T has provided me, for some years, free of charge, a MicroCell which is a femtocell device. The device is 3-g, and when 3-g sunsets, the device will be a door stop. So I'm really worried about having no connectivity at all. People who come to my home who are T-Mobile customers find signal to be strong throughout. And are receiving 5G indication to boot. So I'm curious as to whether or a migration to T-Mobile might be up some wisdom. I've been with 18t for decades. My contractor's month-to-month so therefore I have nothing keeping me with a t and t Carpe everything including the MicroCell is working fine. Someday it won't.
    WiFi calling put an end to the need for MicorCells, unless you don't have high speed internet. If you use an AT&T phone that is fully supported and you have good internet with strong WiFi though out your house, there should be no issues.

But if T-Mobile's coverage is an option in your area... home, work, where you travel. By all means they have some great deals on phones and plans right now. Just no PKB phones, and taking your old and limited to LTE only phone really isn't a good idea at this point. Take advantage of Cyber Monday deals at T-Mobile!
    11-29-21 10:45 AM
    Just switched my KeyONE's and Key2 from Cricket / AT&T to US Mobile, along with some other phones. US Mobile offers you the choice of T-Mobile or Verizon networks. No contract. The prices lower or nearly the same as Cricket (depending on how much data you want and how "grandfathered" your Cricket plan was). Excellent chat-based technical support.

US Mobile's IMEI checker suggested T-Mobile rather Verizon, so I went with T-Mobile. "HD voice" is enabled during voice calls on both KeyONE and Key2.

I do understand that T-Mobile won't support 4G devices forever, but at least I'll make it past AT&T's cutoff date of Feb, 2022.
    Exedorable likes this.
    11-29-21 12:06 PM
    ATT sent us a couple of junk phones oh, Walmart burners. You're sitting there in the box and if the whole thing shuts off I can just slide the card over into one of those and live on. I'm still chanting in Sanskrit and making incantations and Counting the beads to get some kind of a keyboard phone out in time to spare me the indignity of trying to type on glass.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 11-29-21 at 01:59 PM.
    Exedorable likes this.
    11-29-21 12:33 PM
    Heent sent us a couple of junk phones oh, Walmart burners. You're sitting there in the box and if the whole thing shuts off I can just slide the card over into one of those and live on. I'm still chanting in Sanskrit and making incantations and Counting the beads to get some kind of a keyboard phone out in time to spare me the indignity of trying to type on glass.
    I wouldn't put all your faith in the burner phones either. I've posted elsewhere that I've seen a degradation in my 3G/4G LTE coverage over the last 60 days. It fluctuates and depends on time of day which seems to correspond with approximate user demand times. I almost resorted to using my AT&T mini tower like yours but then remembered my devices support WFC and that's better.

I suspect I'll be forced to a 5G compatible account with devices after 3G shutdown. I've been testing 5G on my Pixel 5a but haven't seen any coverage improvement yet. I suspect AT&T or T-Mobile hasn't switched over any 3G into 5G in my areas yet.
    11-29-21 01:23 PM
    The nail biting increases, the Beads of sweat forming on my brow, any day now I'm expectibg to be cut off. (Some say they were cut off once before but it never affected their hearing. In this case it doesn't seem to apply.) We'll see what happens but I suspect that whatever dates to give are going to be prolonged by customer reaction and complaints from third parties, businesses, Fire Department, police departments, Etc. ....sure to be trouble shutting off everything like a light switch.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 11-29-21 at 02:23 PM.
    11-29-21 02:02 PM
    The nail fighting increases, the Beats of sweater forming on my brow, any day now I'm expected to be cut off. Some say they were cut off once before but it never affected their hearing. In this case it doesn't seem to apply. We'll see what happens but I suspect that whatever dates to give are going to be prolonged by customer reaction and complaints from third parties, businesses, Fire Department, police departments, Etc. ....sure to be trouble shutting off everything like a light switch.
    There has been more than adequate warning for all. I'm actually surprised it's gone on this long.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-21 02:18 PM
    The nail biting increases, the Beads of sweat forming on my brow, any day now I'm expectibg to be cut off. (Some say they were cut off once before but it never affected their hearing. In this case it doesn't seem to apply.) We'll see what happens but I suspect that whatever dates to give are going to be prolonged by customer reaction and complaints from third parties, businesses, Fire Department, police departments, Etc. ....sure to be trouble shutting off everything like a light switch.
    Why don't you just switch to T-Mobile? AT&T isn't being loyal to you. You have zero reason to be loyal to them.
    11-29-21 03:26 PM
    Do you think that given the scheduling and the policies of the two companies that T-Mobile Maybe allows me to prolong the lifespan of my key to device sow?
    11-29-21 03:44 PM
    Do you think that given the scheduling and the policies of the two companies that T-Mobile Maybe allows me to prolong the lifespan of my key to device sow?
    That’s an unknown.. once 3G shutdown happens will the VoLTE coverage on either AT&T or T-Mobile be enough? Which carrier VZW, AT&T or T-Mobile has the best VoLTE coverage in your specific daily usage footprint and which of those would improve your coverage with 5G possibly?

Those are the unknowns for now and won’t be known until it happens. Initially though, whichever carrier is the best, it would be best to use their fully provisioned and supported carrier sold version phones in the beginning..
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-21 05:22 AM
    There has been more than adequate warning for all. I'm actually surprised it's gone on this long.
    Yeah have a buddy that is in Public Works, and they had to do a major overhaul of equipment that was all 3G for our county... due to the pending 3G shutdown. That was five years ago, he says if they had know things would not be shutdown in 2019 as they had been told... could have saved millions.

But I don't expect any customer outcry at this point... a few outliers wanting to keep their OLD phones, aren't going to be enough to make any outcry heard.
    pdr733 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-30-21 07:14 AM
    I used to have 5 bars open signal throughout my residence a number of years back. Perhaps it was 3-g or 4G gsm signal? I don't know. Then I inquired of AT&T and they mitigated the situation by giving me a free MicroCell device and free Microsoft connectivity to re-establish my communications given I am homebound. They also replaced the MicroCell device with the new model when it emerged. It's working until this time flawlessly. But when they take down the 3-g and land up with 4G v o l t e and 5G which are weaker signals extending lesser distances, I'm going to be wondering whether I will get signal from AT&T at all at that point. T'is a puzzlement
    11-30-21 10:39 AM
    I used to have 5 bars open signal throughout my residence a number of years back. Perhaps it was 3-g or 4G gsm signal? I don't know. Then I inquired of AT&T and they mitigated the situation by giving me a free MicroCell device and free Microsoft connectivity to re-establish my communications given I am homebound. They also replaced the MicroCell device with the new model when it emerged. It's working until this time flawlessly. But when they take down the 3-g and land up with 4G v o l t e and 5G which are weaker signals extending lesser distances, I'm going to be wondering whether I will get signal from AT&T at all at that point. T'is a puzzlement
    GSM is 2G, and was shut down in early 2017.

AT&T 3G uses UMTS. HSPA operates over UMTS.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-21 11:27 AM
    There are three types of 5G technology, only the high band 5G is short range.

In my experience with Verizon, their current 5G is extending further than their 3G network does. My Dad's house had terrible coverage with our phones in the past. No LTE to speak of so no data, but only minimum voice over 3G with on bar or two if you held it right. But wife's 5G enabled phone got three bars and had data that allowed her to hotspot for the rest of us.

I've read a number of reviews by tech pundits that also indicate that in some areas 5G is offering better converge than they had with only 3G/4G devices (but only seeing LTE speeds in those locations).

But you already said users visiting you with T-Mobile have coverage in your home... seems like the way to go. But you have to face the reality that you need a modern phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-21 11:32 AM
    But you have to face the reality that you need a modern phone.
    I dont know OP's exact situation (might be that there is coverage with say 3G, and there isnt with 4G), but I suspect the above thing is the crux of the matter (inability or unwillingness to face the need of getting a current gen supported phone, and getting rid of BB10 or BB Android device/s)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-21 11:52 AM
    I dont know OP's exact situation (might be that there is coverage with say 3G, and there isnt with 4G), but I suspect the above thing is the crux of the matter (inability or unwillingness to face the need of getting a current gen supported phone, and getting rid of BB10 or BB Android device/s)
    He has some type of disability.
    11-30-21 11:54 AM
    At my vest Plantation a few weeks ago a swell bearing an iPhone was able to get 5G all over the house. I would hope that this might be an indication the signal May improve. But hopes are vain as the recent period of my life has proven.
    11-30-21 01:33 PM
    At my vest Plantation a few weeks ago a swell bearing an iPhone was able to get 5G all over the house. I would hope that this might be an indication the signal May improve. But hopes are vain as the recent period of my life has proven.
    It's a sign that if you need to get yourself a 5G phone.... Carrier's are past making improvements in LTE Networks at this point, their roll out of their extended range LTE is over, and at this point all focused at this point is on 5G as it will service more point than LTE can. In some cases might even see some LTE bandwidth reallocated to 5G in the future.

LTE coverage in your home isn't going to improve.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-21 01:40 PM
    He has some type of disability.
    In this case I withdraw my previous comment.
    11-30-21 02:41 PM
    5G all over the house T-Mo, NOT AT&T at all
    11-30-21 02:57 PM
    In this case I withdraw my previous comment.
    Already ignored
    11-30-21 02:58 PM
    Within the group of individuals who are using physical keyboard phones in portrait orientation there are. Some of the subgroups are simply physical keyboard aficionados. Others are physical keyboard person who requires such facility because they have some individual situation that prevents them from adequately using a screen based glass keyboard as in a slab. Addressing those individuals is not going to make millions just as big Pharma doesn't make any money on Orphan drugs. But they do make those drugs. Change that little attention if any is given to the disability community that needs mitigations in phones offered on the open market. Google allows some accessibility features. But the implementation on most phones is terrible. Mobility difficulties should not keep people away good communication. That said this entire post has been dictated using Google Voice to Text as the keyboard choice and quite frankly even though my diction is quite clear the thing is far from perfect and could be improved greatly at I just took no less than half a dozen errors in this single post). That said, such sites as do not use the Google voice feature but use their own proprietary item such as Amazon purchasing application or Amazon shopping, virtually never makes a mistake. Walmart just chose to go through Google and it's terrible. So be it
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 12-30-21 at 12:15 PM.
    11-30-21 03:03 PM
42 12