Anybody got any ideas about why my K1 is delaying notifications. It's almost as if it is some kind of battery optimisation thing where it only checks apps for new messages every hour or something like that.

I've totally turned off the power centre, but that didn't solve the problem. I've been through every setting and can see nothing obviously wrong.

Have I missed something?
    10-26-18 03:11 AM
    Which notifications are you missing? Email? Facebook? Other apps? My email comes in immediately on both my accounts. For others, I have set each app to not bug me more than once an hour. Facebook has that option within the app. Messaging is also instantaneous with SMS and FB Messenger.
    10-26-18 10:04 AM
    Pretty much all of them are delayed in on way or another, including BBM, Signal, Slack and email. Delays range anywhere from between 5 and about 30 minutes. Whatsapp appears to be unaffected. I don't have any social media like FB, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
    10-26-18 07:43 PM
    Something doesn't seem right here. Do you have any sort of notification apps or something downloaded?
    10-26-18 08:20 PM
    Something doesn't seem right here. Do you have any sort of notification apps or something downloaded?
    Nothing. Pretty much stock Android/BB set-up.
    10-27-18 03:35 AM
    Anybody got any ideas about why my K1 is delaying notifications. It's almost as if it is some kind of battery optimisation thing where it only checks apps for new messages every hour or something like that.

I've totally turned off the power centre, but that didn't solve the problem. I've been through every setting and can see nothing obviously wrong.

Have I missed something?
    I'm also experiencing delayed notifications with some apps.
    It's specially noticeable with Amazon's Cloud Cam app. Most of the time I only get notified when I turn on the screen. As soon as I double tap, the notification comes through as if it was already there. The time says "Now" even though it could have been an event several minutes ago.
    Same thing happens with WhatsApp though not as frequent. Also, with WhatsApp I've noticed that sometimes the LED starts flashing but the sound only triggers after a few seconds or until I turn the screen on.
    I have both apps set to "Don't optimize" in the battery settings and Power Saver is always off, but still the issue persists.
    This is on a KEYone Black Edition, but also happened on my previous silver KEYone, both running Oreo.
    Any advice?
    Regards.
    P.S. Right now, as I was typing this, a WhatsApp notification came through but weirdly it didn't make any sound, just the small icon appeared on the top. I have it set to "Important" (LED and sound)
    10-27-18 01:12 PM
    I'm also experiencing delayed notifications with some apps.
    It's specially noticeable with Amazon's Cloud Cam app. Most of the time I only get notified when I turn on the screen. As soon as I double tap, the notification comes through as if it was already there. The time says "Now" even though it could have been an event several minutes ago.
    Same thing happens with WhatsApp though not as frequent. Also, with WhatsApp I've noticed that sometimes the LED starts flashing but the sound only triggers after a few seconds or until I turn the screen on.
    I have both apps set to "Don't optimize" in the battery settings and Power Saver is always off, but still the issue persists.
    This is on a KEYone Black Edition, but also happened on my previous silver KEYone, both running Oreo.
    Any advice?
    Regards.
    P.S. Right now, as I was typing this, a WhatsApp notification came through but weirdly it didn't make any sound, just the small icon appeared on the top. I have it set to "Important" (LED and sound)
    Well, good we're not alone hopefully there'll be some OS fix soon.
    10-27-18 01:45 PM
    I might have a solution for our issue. Apparently, the delay in notifications is caused by the Doze feature built in on Android. There's no way to disable it through settings, but you can do so by connecting your phone to your PC and running an ADB command:
    adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable

I did that this morning and it seems to be working well so far. Of course, more testing is needed. Let us know if it works for you.

You can find more info here:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/an...stopped-3.html
    10-31-18 02:06 PM