3ft fall off arm of couch, hardwood floor. Panic sets in as I see the phone lying face down ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Turn the phone over and the screen is perfectly aligned with the side frames.

Then I feel an inch or so of the back panel raised on the left side of the device. Thankfully the panel snapped back into place with a little force. There does appear to be a miniscule gap that I can fit my fingernail into along a 1/4 inch section but overall the panel is flush.

Wanted to share since most of the talk has been about the screen, and for those owners that keep their phones naked as I do. Funny thing is I have a case on the way from Amazon after reading so many stories about this device. Paranoia set in and apparently for good reason.

Love this device regardless! ๐Ÿ˜
    10-07-17 06:17 PM
    I faced same problem too. even my device is protected with back cover! my back panel lift and I press make it fit.
    10-07-17 09:03 PM
    3ft fall off arm of couch, hardwood floor. Panic sets in as I see the phone lying face down . Turn the phone over and the screen is perfectly aligned with the side frames.

Then I feel an inch or so of the back panel raised on the left side of the device. Thankfully the panel snapped back into place with a little force. There does appear to be a miniscule gap that I can fit my fingernail into along a 1/4 inch section but overall the panel is flush.

Wanted to share since most of the talk has been about the screen, and for those owners that keep their phones naked as I do. Funny thing is I have a case on the way from Amazon after reading so many stories about this device. Paranoia set in and apparently for good reason.

Love this device regardless!
    I think that the back cover is merely held in by some clips. Also, maybe the top metal cap might hold part of it in??
    10-07-17 10:01 PM
    3ft fall off arm of couch, hardwood floor. Panic sets in as I see the phone lying face down ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Turn the phone over and the screen is perfectly aligned with the side frames.

Love this device regardless! ๐Ÿ˜
    I think that the back cover is merely held in by some clips. Also, maybe the top metal cap might hold part of it in??
    10-07-17 10:01 PM
    With my launch day device, the screen lifting problem was preceded by the back lifting slightly, I pushed it back in. Not sure if the screen problem is linked to it. But screen lifted a few days after it.
    10-08-17 07:21 AM
    It's definitely held in by clips. I could see one is before I pushed it in and felt a second also. Couldn't tell how strong they were, in terms of how easily they might separate from the panel. I think of plastic car panels that held by similar clips and can break quite easily when removed.

As far as the other sections of the panel I couldn't tell if the metal framing played a part or not.
    10-08-17 10:59 AM
    With my launch day device, the screen lifting problem was preceded by the back lifting slightly, I pushed it back in. Not sure if the screen problem is linked to it. But screen lifted a few days after it.
    My build date was late Aug so I'm hoping I will be free of any screen lift ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    10-08-17 11:01 AM