Apologies if this thread is trending else where, but I haven't found anyting recent; just older older threads.

Was part of the Oreo beta testing and everythign was good until i think the 2nd update - after that (i think mid/late August) my front camera no longer works.

When you open the camera app and tap to switch camera, everything will end up greying out. Close the app, re-open, i can then use all the options.

I've already factory rest (in hopes it'd fix) and noted on the beta forums the same thread; all with no results.

Anyone have any idea why? I have dropped the phone a few times, but highly doubt this would be the reason why i can't switch modes. All camera using apps (whatsapp, snapchat, IG, skype, bbm, etc..) that i have don't even show an option to switch cameras.

Any help would be awesome.

thanks!
    10-16-18 11:38 AM
    I have dropped the phone a few times, but highly doubt this would be the reason why i can't switch modes.
    Why would you doubt that? If the camera is broke or otherwise not even being detected by the OS, apps won't show you the setting. The camera, to the app, doesn't exist. Sounds like you killed the camera internally and will have to look at replacing it or the device. Dial *#2886# on the phone dialer, tap on MANU, and then Front Camera. If it doesn't work, it's busted.
    gqmovement likes this.
    10-16-18 11:43 AM
    Why would you doubt that? If the camera is broke or otherwise not even being detected by the OS, apps won't show you the setting. The camera, to the app, doesn't exist. Sounds like you killed the camera internally and will have to look at replacing it or the device.
    I'd assume both front & rear camera should have stopped working, not just the one.

I'd seen mentions around the time of the update, but if the suggestion is that front facing is gone...fml
    10-16-18 11:47 AM
    I'd assume both front & rear camera should have stopped working, not just the one.

I'd seen mentions around the time of the update, but if the suggestion is that front facing is gone...fml
    Front and back cameras are obviously two separate pieces of hardware (they don't even align on the phone structure). Busting one of them wouldn't necessarily affect the other one.

Maybe you broke your front facing camera, maybe the connector just got loose..

Do the testing as Bla1ze suggested, but if all your apps don't recognize it, most likely you'll have to either send your phone for repairs or try a DIY project (probably voiding your warranty, though)
    10-16-18 01:10 PM
    [QUOTE=wmatsura;13296010]Front and back cameras are obviously two separate pieces of hardware (they don't even align on the phone structure). Busting one of them wouldn't necessarily affect the other one.

Maybe you broke your front facing camera, maybe the connector just got loose..

Guess we see what happens

Thanks and to Blaze!
    10-16-18 01:13 PM
    Camera doesn't exist
    *insert a lot of tears. tears for days*

thanks Bla1ze. guess nothing else from here?
    10-16-18 01:16 PM
    Camera doesn't exist
    *insert a lot of tears. tears for days*

thanks Bla1ze. guess nothing else from here?
    Only possible thing left to determine is if it's broke or simply disconnected and that can only happen if you crack it open.
    10-16-18 01:22 PM
    Only possible thing left to determine is if it's broke or simply disconnected and that can only happen if you crack it open.
    Guess I'm going to have a stressful night watching some YouTube vids on how to this and pray to the blackberry God's that when I put back together, that my phone works
    10-16-18 01:23 PM