Just for the fun of it (let's not bring TCL here who built my Keyone)

Any takers on whether this could bring the most secure phone / OS back to life..? (BB10 with hardware made by BB) 😮.. Likely too late..

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...ottawa-to-nix/
    03-19-18 11:08 AM
    Any takers on whether this could bring the most secure phone / OS back to life..? (BB10 with hardware made by BB) ������.. Likely too late..
    Not unless the Canadian Government is going to fund it entirely.
    03-19-18 11:25 AM
    Not unless the Canadian Government is going to fund it entirely.
    Why do I have a hunch they will...
    03-19-18 11:27 AM
    Why do I have a hunch they will...
    Because it's a dumb idea.
    03-19-18 11:31 AM
    Justin Bieber for Prime Minister.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-19-18 11:34 AM
    It's not an issue with iOS or Android, just with one telecom company that has a questionable reputation and possible government backing. While I can see them not allowing Huawei, don't see that helping BlackBerry or BB10 at all....

They said the "state" can't afford to test all the equipment from different manufactures.... so don't see how the state could afford the billions it would take to support BB10.
    03-19-18 11:37 AM
    lol I knew this was going to turn into a let's bring elvis(bb10) back to life thread.

The king is dead and never to return.
    phuoc likes this.
    03-19-18 11:50 AM
    PC gov not allow BB to aquire nortel assets in the past.. that doomed BB as top notch security firm. Canadian Gov has a way to damage its own technology leadership... start from airplane down (be careful to invest in Canada... it could be hot like potato, and drop like fire cracker... Nortel, JDSU, etc.etc. Bombardier... BB just one of them... very hard to back to life in canada... unless it is resources - Gov can count trees, oils, potash, but hard to count tech and not have curage to challenge down south... Have to say, the latest PM is not too bad to stand up to the DT. PM got few young bones).
    booker1953 likes this.
    03-19-18 11:54 AM
    Hhmm, like Bombardier..
    03-19-18 12:24 PM
    Well, I'd I've learned one thing in this life... Anything is possible. Maybe not likely...

To be honest the armed forces really should have bought BlackBerry for building out their own internal communication system and phones. It's just smart. Save time, get a solid base, and control your own data and assets.
    Qorax likes this.
    03-19-18 02:00 PM
    well, it might have "micro-berry" or "win-berry" or "black-soft" comming soon... (better than goo-berry?)...BB10 might be de-frost from the deep freezer just for the spring (tomorrow March 20...;-).
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...200000787.html
    03-19-18 03:30 PM
    always thought microsoft should buy BB instead of Nokia (better fit)... must be the CEO charming effect...(inside job for Nokia.. hehe). history will tell this one will be a winner or not...
    03-19-18 03:37 PM
    Why not fund BlackBerry, the Government seems to want to protect everything that is Canadian like the Dairy Board, Bombardier, Lumber Industry, Justin Trudeau has only another 18 months left in power before he takes himself and his pretty boy image and disappears into the sunset smoking weed.
    03-19-18 06:36 PM
    Don't be an *****. Look at the ***** we have now running Canada. We don't need another one to make it worse.
    03-19-18 06:38 PM
    well, it might have "micro-berry" or "win-berry" or "black-soft" comming soon... (better than goo-berry?)...BB10 might be de-frost from the deep freezer just for the spring (tomorrow March 20...;-).
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...200000787.html
    Did you actually read the article? All this means is that BB's MDM software (formerly BES) will work a little nicer with MS apps. It has nothing remotely to do with BB10.
    03-19-18 07:19 PM
    Justin Bieber for Prime Minister.
    Shoot me now. Please. ;-)
    03-19-18 07:41 PM
    I would avoid buying fromHuawei all together. The company has been found by an ex Chinese Communist Party member, and still has financial ties to the Chinese Government.

Spending money on Huawei is giving money to the Communist Party.
    03-19-18 07:58 PM
    The western world doesn't care as long as they get 5G, Oreo, and Android P in a timely manner.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-19-18 09:05 PM
    I would avoid buying fromHuawei all together. The company has been found by an ex Chinese Communist Party member, and still has financial ties to the Chinese Government.

Nonsense to the last sentence. Like yeah, buying anything made in China eventually finds part of that purchase into the coffers of the government. Don't ever buy anything in Wal-Mart.
    Last edited by brookie229; 03-19-18 at 10:35 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-19-18 10:03 PM
    Shoot me now. Please. ;-)
    I'm already in line in front of you
    03-19-18 10:05 PM
    The western world doesn't care as long as they get 5G, Oreo, and Android P in a timely manner.
    Ahem, it's "people-ner".
    03-19-18 11:17 PM
    Thankfully, Trump doesn't use a Huawei. Otherwise, the Chinese government might learn U.S. state secrets even before his 20 million Twitter followers do. 😂
    falbo, FF22 and Soapm like this.
    03-20-18 04:04 AM
    "All this means is that BB's MDM software (formerly BES) will work a little nicer with MS apps. It has nothing remotely to do with BB10."
    i thought you know what works really nice with BES (closely coupled). glass half empty...
    03-20-18 04:44 AM
    Did you actually read the article? All this means is that BB's MDM software (formerly BES) will work a little nicer with MS apps. It has nothing remotely to do with BB10.
    Lack of any comments from MS.... would indicate that MS part of the partnership consisted of, just being there.

News to me is that Office 365 Apps weren't already integrated in their MDM Solutions or that you couldn't use Azure already. But then I don't need either...
    03-20-18 08:43 AM
    Because it's a dumb idea.
    Two Canadian's response that represents a nation.

Last edited by Carjackd; 03-20-18 at 06:09 PM.
    03-20-18 05:39 PM
33 12