this may be a dumb question, but how do you start the FM radio? i get that you need to plug in your headphones but then what? is it a separate app or maybe i just dont have it/see it (unlocked on ATT)
    Maybe try an App like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oapp.nextradio
    05-31-17 10:35 AM
    this may be a dumb question, but how do you start the FM radio? i get that you need to plug in your headphones but then what? is it a separate app or maybe i just dont have it/see it (unlocked on ATT)
    There should be an application named Radio already on your smartphone.
    05-31-17 11:16 PM
    Pretty happy with the FM radio app playing with it this evening. The six settings are nice (saved by tapping onto the star next to the station). Nice touch that it organizes the stations you save). Would have liked another 6 saves being in NYC with all the stations popping in but definitely a feature i'm going to use for NPR, sports, hip hop, indie rock and pop music on the go.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    06-01-17 12:11 AM
    It's an app called Radio. It should be in your app drawer.
    06-01-17 12:18 AM
    Forgot to mention - to search for local FM channels you need to have your Mobile Network turned on. Have not found a work around - this said once I find a local FM station to listen to I subsequently turn off the Mobile Network. I use this approach as my timer. The FM radio will play for some time, then the app will search for a local FM station using the Mobile Network - then effectively turn the radio off.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 03:25 AM
    It should have a radio app. Unlocked version on ATt here.
    Attached Thumbnails FM Radio?-3228.jpg  
    duckduke likes this.
    06-05-17 10:26 AM
    There is a radio app that looks like an old fashioned grey radio, and when you open it it says "insert headphones ".
    06-05-17 10:31 AM
    The Keyone and the Dtek60, probably 50 also will support FM/AM radio. All you need to do is pick a Radio App, open, play a station. Make sure you have an Antenna. Plug your ear phones into the jack on the phone, this is your antenna. I pulled halfway out of the jack and use the speakers on the phone. Just need a radio App to find tons of radio station.
    09-19-17 06:29 PM
    I doubt yours supports AM, but if so tell me more.
    09-19-17 08:59 PM
    The Keyone and the Dtek60, probably 50 also will support FM/AM radio. All you need to do is pick a Radio App, open, play a station. Make sure you have an Antenna. Plug your ear phones into the jack on the phone, this is your antenna. I pulled halfway out of the jack and use the speakers on the phone. Just need a radio App to find tons of radio station.
    Actually this thread is about listening to FM radio signals that are available on the air where you live. Plug in your earphones and open up the radio app in your app drawer and listen to local FM stations without having to use data or WiFi . AM stations are a no go.
    09-19-17 09:12 PM
    What radio app do you suggest. Can't find any to tune local stations in. I have tried 3 different radio Apps, all are using data, and no local stations?
    09-25-17 07:41 AM
    Radio app should be already in device by default! The Play Store apps are Internet based, so of course they use your data plan.
    09-25-17 08:07 AM
    What radio app do you suggest. Can't find any to tune local stations in. I have tried 3 different radio Apps, all are using data, and no local stations?
    As Diana has suggested, check your App Drawer and look for RADIO. You need headphones to act an an antenna.
    09-25-17 08:57 AM
    As Diana has suggested, check your App Drawer and look for RADIO. You need headphones to act an an antenna.
    No radio app, need to download one?
    09-25-17 09:38 AM
    Radio app should be already in device by default! The Play Store apps are Internet based, so of course they use your data plan.
    K, if I don't have one, then not available... for me.
    09-25-17 09:40 AM
    I have the black Edition and there's a Radio.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-17 09:51 AM
    I have the black Edition and there's a Radio. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a762621472.jpg
    That's the same one/icon that I have. Just looked and can't find who/what created it. No developer associated with the app but I may have missed where to look.
    09-25-17 10:02 AM
    I <snip>
    Hope the KeyOne has speakers/sound similar to my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ has one loudspeaker at bottom. Two grills are not stereo; one is for the microphone. Via 3.5 Jack it has stereo...
    09-25-17 10:27 AM
    For what it's worth, nextradio advertises its radio app quite a lot in my local market (Greater Cincinnati) - supposed to work with the FM receiver already built into the device (unless excluded like with the DTEK60). I would try there first if looking for an app.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-17 10:31 AM
    I doubt yours supports AM, but if so tell me more.
    They don't, trust me.

The issue with AM is that an AM antenna has to be really, really long, so they are normally made by wrapping that length of wire around a fairly large frame, or to make the antenna as small as possible, a tube or bar. Your car stereo will have a bar antenna inside of it, and some 70's AV receivers used to have bar antennas that were screwed onto the back. But even that would be huge compared to a smartphone - we're talking about a similar volume of space as the battery takes. No one is going to sacrifice that kind of space inside a smartphone for an AM antenna.

FM Radio?-0912knob.jpg

FM Radio?-loopstick_003.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-17 11:37 AM
    They don't, trust me.

The issue with AM is that an AM antenna has to be really, really long, so they are normally made by wrapping that length of wire around a fairly large frame, or to make the antenna as small as possible, a tube or bar. Your car stereo will have a bar antenna inside of it, and some 70's AV receivers used to have bar antennas that were screwed onto the back. But even that would be huge compared to a smartphone - we're talking about a similar volume of space as the battery takes. No one is going to sacrifice that kind of space inside a smartphone for an AM antenna.
    Ah, a picture is worth a 1000 words! Yes, that would be a problem. I keep thinking it would be useful at a sports game to hear the broadcast - back how you could do it in transistor radio days. Streaming isn't great, because of the impact of having 30,000 people in close proximity makes it nigh impossible to get much.

Thanks! All sounds vaguely familiar from the days of making your own radio ... 40-odd years ago ... I've probably forgotten how big the antenna was!
    09-25-17 12:51 PM
    Well, fortunately, a lot of sports broadcasts are simulcast on FM these days, and since FM is far more practical for smartphones and actually available on quite a few these days, that's far more realistic.
    09-25-17 12:55 PM
    I love thi radio app like the good ol days
    09-26-17 03:16 PM
48 12