Won't be able to speculate after tomorrow, so figured I'd throw this in today.

I'm guessing the flat keys from the teaser video might suggest that the hardware keyboard will support finger swiping for typing. I'm not sure I'd use it, but they would have to have a utility for making them flat IMO.

Glad to be so excited about a BB device again (and hopefully not for the last time)
    01-03-17 01:33 PM
    Type by swiping is available on the Priv pkb. Not sure how the Mercury keys will compare.
    01-03-17 01:38 PM
    Won't be able to speculate after tomorrow, so figured I'd throw this in today.

I'm guessing the flat keys from the teaser video might suggest that the hardware keyboard will support finger swiping for typing. I'm not sure I'd use it, but they would have to have a utility for making them flat IMO.

Glad to be so excited about a BB device again (and hopefully not for the last time)
    1. They're not flat. There was an image with adjusted contrasts to see the reflection from the ridges.
    2. Priv and Passport both have ridges, but both have capacitive touch.
    01-03-17 01:42 PM
    Type by swiping is available on the Priv pkb. Not sure how the Mercury keys will compare.
    Never knew that you could do that on the Priv.
    I thought it was only on the virtual keyboard.
    01-03-17 03:19 PM
    Never knew that you could do that on the Priv.
    I thought it was only on the virtual keyboard.
    I've never tried it but it's there.

[ATTACH]null[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Flat keys for swiping?-79598.jpg  
    01-03-17 03:44 PM
    The Mercury keyboard is very close in width and height to the PRIVs and I expect the keys will be similar as well.
    01-03-17 04:55 PM
    The Mercury keyboard is very close in width and height to the PRIVs and I expect the keys will be similar as well.
    Size is fine, but I hope they have more tactile feedback. The PRIV feels a little more numb in comparison to the Classic for example.
    01-03-17 05:43 PM
    Size is fine, but I hope they have more tactile feedback. The PRIV feels a little more numb in comparison to the Classic for example.
    The PRIV keyboard had to be thin enough to slide under the display and this may have limited the amount of travel on the keys. This shouldn't be an issue with the Mercury.
    01-03-17 05:45 PM
    1. They're not flat. There was an image with adjusted contrasts to see the reflection from the ridges.
    Bingo. Rendered video just makes them look truly flat. Even the original Priv video shows keys that look truly flat when the gloss is gone. Just the curves in the corner let you know it's not. Much the same the new video.

Flat keys for swiping?-screenshot-2017-01-03-16.58.51.png
    Plazmic Flame and BB-JAM215 like this.
    01-03-17 05:54 PM
    Are the gaps between the keys real? Suggesting a slightly larger keyboard than the cramped Priv?
    01-03-17 08:33 PM
    Are the gaps between the keys real? Suggesting a slightly larger keyboard than the cramped Priv?
    All indications are that the Mercury keyboard will be very similar in width and height to the PRIV's and not as high as the Classic's.
    01-03-17 08:44 PM