I rejoined the BlackBerry Club by getting myself started with the Black Edition Key1. (The z10 was my 1st BB) the original plan was to get the dtek60 or the key2 LE to stay up to date until I saw the black edition of the key1 being advertised on sale and I just took advantage of that deal.($300 on amazon) I only had it for like a week and already I'm very satisfied with the performance. Strong battery life, alotta room in the storage, feeling good typing on buttons again! The camera is OK, decent brightness, audio and visuals are good to my standards.

Now that android is helping in powering these latest BB phones is just another sign that blackberry is continuing to breathe some life of today. Most BB diehards won't want any change like this....but sometimes a little pick-me-up can lead to good things happening in the future and Im happy to get back on board to see it.
    rarsen, Byrese and bh7171 like this.
    03-04-19 03:39 PM
    Welcome back...
    Ch3ssVillain and Byrese like this.
    03-05-19 07:25 AM
    I got the Keyone BE and have had it for almost a year and a half. It has been rock solid throughout and I have been enjoying it since day one.

Cheers.
    Ch3ssVillain likes this.
    03-05-19 09:37 PM
    The Key series is the only fresh thing today in the industry to me. Except for the Galaxy Fold and Huawei's foldable device that it, but who can afford those?!
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-05-19 10:29 PM
    Very pleased with my BE KeyOne as well. I suggest turning on developer mode and reducing animations to .5 or off. I hardly notice any real world differences in speed for things I use my phone for in comparison with my S9. I do notice the insanely awesome battery life and that to me is preferable than an app opening a fraction of a second faster. The camera on the KeyOne is good and has taken some great photos but it's not as good as my S9 day in and day out. My hope is that BlackBerry Mobile keeps enhancing and developing this form factor and formula as they seem to be for those of us that prefer a PKB. If they do more and more, like myself, will continue to return to the brand.
    03-06-19 12:28 AM
    Replying to byrese

Between 1000 and even 2000 dollars for a phone. And most are really uptight about the price of the Red Key2. I would very much rather pay 750.
    Last edited by Ch3ssVillain; 03-06-19 at 08:01 AM.
    03-06-19 05:45 AM
    Very pleased with my BE KeyOne as well. I suggest turning on developer mode and reducing animations to .5 or off. I hardly notice any real world differences in speed for things I use my phone for in comparison with my S9. I do notice the insanely awesome battery life and that to me is preferable than an app opening a fraction of a second faster. The camera on the KeyOne is good and has taken some great photos but it's not as good as my S9 day in and day out. My hope is that BlackBerry Mobile keeps enhancing and developing this form factor and formula as they seem to be for those of us that prefer a PKB. If they do more and more, like myself, will continue to return to the brand.
    thanks for the suggestion at the top of your comment. I'm still playing around in the settings just to see about the specs of the phone. Blackberry can still make improvements, especially in the camera department. If they up their game on that part then they'll be on their way in having more curious customers trying them out.

I had a Samsung before, a galaxy s5, and that phone had some the weakest battery life I've had in a phone. And I bought it like 3 years after its launch. Imagine paying top dollar for the phone around the day of the launch. Definitely wasn't worth the money. But it does have a great camera and diverse font selection! Happy they improved on the latest galaxies tho. I'm sticking with LG n now BlackBerry
    03-06-19 08:24 AM