06-06-17 04:21 PM
47 12
tools
    Dropped my KEYOne two feet off the ground on to a hard tile surface. It survived without any issues.
    What part of the phone hit the ground? Screen side, back, corner?
    06-05-17 12:38 PM
    The Keyboard my Priv is far more responsive when using it as a trackpad. On my KeyOne, the first two rows don't do much.
    On my KEYone all rows respond, except for the row with the spacebar.
    06-05-17 01:54 PM
    I believe they are just normal quality control issues, every phone has a bad batch but they represents a very low percentage. Unless there is a recall the issues reported thus far are minor relative to production numbers
    It is? What are the numbers.

No really, we have no idea how widespread the issues are. You say they are a small percentage but you have to consider that if Crackberry forum users are a small representative sample, then it's quite likely there are some non-trivial quantities of build concerns.
    06-05-17 03:22 PM
    You should post a rant here. There should be a problem now that you dropped it. That's the forum trend these days. #sarcobviously

Posted via CB10
    I think that is a little off base. People pay full value for a product. When it has issues they want answers. Yes some people will complain about anything, but most just are looking for help on a very expensive product.
    06-05-17 03:29 PM
    What part of the phone hit the ground? Screen side, back, corner?
    Screen side, relieved when I saw everything in tact
    06-05-17 03:52 PM
    Don't forget no BB10.
    That's not a defect.
    jakie55 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-05-17 04:06 PM
    I can happily report that my BlackBerry KEYone smartphone is device perfection. It's gadget nirvana and it's the most solidly built BlackBerry ever constructed. Even better than the Passport because the black Passports, although very strong, had those grease smudges on the back by the logo. These kinds of things will not happen now that TCL is making these new BlackBerry smartphones and I could tell that immediately after physically handling it out of the box.

There are always launch problems - just be glad TCL is actively fixing problems at they arise and also be happy if they had to do a recall of some with screens that come off - some might have fallen through the cracks.

Rest assured the BlackBerry KEYone is indeed a high quality device built very well.
    06-05-17 04:09 PM
    I am currently feeling very lucky. My PlayBook had none of the many problems related in the forums. My Passport had none of the problems ranted about in the forums. My Keyone has none of the problems found in these forums.

How did I get so lucky?
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    06-05-17 04:12 PM
    I understand that new devices have defects to be corrected, and I understand that the crackberry crowd is a pretty passionate group, but I really wish that we had one all encompassing thread to put our problems. When the first few pages in the forum are about individuals with their concerns, it does skew ones impression of of the phone. We don't have people who are happy about the device expressing themselves to the same degree.
    06-05-17 04:16 PM
    I understand that new devices have defects to be corrected, and I understand that the crackberry crowd is a pretty passionate group, but I really wish that we had one all encompassing thread to put our problems. When the first few pages in the forum are about individuals with their concerns, it does skew ones impression of of the phone. We don't have people who are happy about the device expressing themselves to the same degree.
    Unfortunately a number of people are disproportionately posting within individual threads and triple and quadruple posting the same complaints in different threads. Reviewers are not reflecting these things.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    06-05-17 08:18 PM
    I dropped mine as well. fell out of my pocket as I sat down on the patio... has a nice 8th inch scratch on the right hand corner now , but other than that it s fine. Its built like the silver edition Passport so should be fairly rugged. Again Id rather be working wide --with android, but overall its ok....
    06-05-17 11:03 PM
    Trying to get a more accurate feel for the quality of the phone here. If you wanna chime in, please do.

Honestly, there are a lot of people who are enjoying their phone and some people that have build quality issues. Yeah it sucks to have those problems, but as others say, there are ways to return/refund/replace said phone. It sucks even more when BBMo is having stock problems and that you may have to wait even longer, but there is literally nothing else you can do but wait or get a different phone.

Considering many have waited basically 2 years for this phone, I'm sure 2 more weeks won't feel like too much longer. Note that I'm not defending BBMo here. They definitely screwed up the launch and have some quality control issues. This goes with many companies that begin manufacturing a new phone.

I will also not defend the whiners who continually complain and badmouth more than they need to (i.e., people that give 1 star reviews for not being able to get a phone, creating multiple threads about the same problem, attempting to make the problem worse than it actually is). Yes, I understand you're angry. It sucks and it's a tough situation to be in, but there are things you can do: Stop supporting a company you don't like, wait for a replacement, or just get a different phone. Once that's done, move on.
    06-06-17 12:58 AM
    Look carefully, the tile may have got broken.
    Lol. This is a solid device, I have dropped a few times and have no issues so far.
    RDZONE99 likes this.
    06-06-17 01:11 AM
    I am currently feeling very lucky. My PlayBook had none of the many problems related in the forums. My Passport had none of the problems ranted about in the forums. My Keyone has none of the problems found in these forums.

How did I get so lucky?
    Yours is the normal experience. I have never had quality/build issues with BlackBerry, nor seen any with family and friends. Comparators are invariably inferior in build quality.

However, the care people take with things varies widely. Electronic devices running 24/7 must be treated with a modicum of respect.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 07:16 AM
    I have a TPU clear case on mine and same! Dropped from waste high and zero issues!!
    06-06-17 12:03 PM
    Unfortunately a number of people are disproportionately posting within individual threads and triple and quadruple posting the same complaints in different threads. Reviewers are not reflecting these things.

Posted via CB10
    Professional reviewers get devices that have been inspected and tested multiple times. Consumers get the garbage.
    06-06-17 12:06 PM
    My K1 just arrived. Doesn't look or feel like garbage. Looks very... well built.
    06-06-17 01:42 PM
    And its not as if Crackberry members mock other brands when they have quality control issues......... cough, cough.........

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    06-06-17 01:53 PM
    The Keyboard my Priv is far more responsive when using it as a trackpad. On my KeyOne, the first two rows don't do much.
    I found that was true when I was playing with a demo unit as well.
    The K1 trackpad was much more responsive if I use the phone in landscape mode. I'm thinking/hoping it is a software bug I'm sure it is something that can be fixed easily.
    06-06-17 01:59 PM
    And its not as if Crackberry members mock other brands when they have quality control issues......... cough, cough.........

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    You don't get it. Those other brands have endemic failures. What we have here is merely coincidence after coincidence after coincidence after coincidence after coincidence. /s
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-06-17 03:52 PM
    First drop this afternoon. Sitting at a coffeehouse bench and it fell off the bench onto the ground. Fell straight on its back. Other than a few little scuffs on the black, it's good to go.
    06-06-17 04:04 PM
    In my opinion a lot of people are posting their issues with the phone due to 2 reasons:

1. To inform members of this forum
    2. Because they are disappointed about getting a defective phone. This combined with the launch delay, lack of communication and limited availability just makes it a horrible buying experience.
    06-06-17 04:21 PM
47 12