Dropped my KEYOne two feet off the ground on to a hard tile surface. It survived without any issues.
    06-05-17 08:16 AM
    What? The KEYone should be full of problems! Look more carefully, I'm sure it's broken somehow.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    06-05-17 08:17 AM
    Dropped my KEYOne two feet off the ground on to a hard tile surface. It survived without any issues.
    Judging by what some people claim the KEYone should no have following defects

Red line across the screen
    Screen coming off
    Keyboard unresponsive
    Camera glass shattered
    Constant device reboots

06-05-17 08:36 AM
    Also, it creeks under the camera bump, battery life isn't lasting 2 weeks like expected, and much more. Jeez BBMobile, get it together. /sarcasm.
    rarsen likes this.
    06-05-17 08:38 AM
    You should post a rant here. There should be a problem now that you dropped it. That's the forum trend these days. #sarcobviously

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 08:38 AM
    Honestly you guys have no business buying expensive electronics.

вιaсĸвεггч® ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2876) вιaсĸвεггч® ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    06-05-17 08:44 AM
    Was this an imaginary device or are you one of the 150 people who actually were able to buy one?
    06-05-17 08:46 AM
    Your heart must have skipped a beat as it fell. You should probably blame Kevin for the emotional stress it caused you.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    ominaxe likes this.
    06-05-17 08:59 AM

Screen coming off
    Keyboard unresponsive
    Camera glass shattered
    Constant device reboots

Don't forget no BB10.
    06-05-17 09:00 AM
    What? The KEYone should be full of problems! Look more carefully, I'm sure it's broken somehow.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    Yeah, given the negativity by some I thought it was going to shatter in a million pieces
    06-05-17 09:27 AM
    I cannot believe the blind fanboyism of some of the posts here. Really? "Negativity"? "Claim"? Those people's problems are REAL and they are now left with defective phones.
    werkregen and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-05-17 09:37 AM
    I cannot believe the blind fanboyism of some of the posts here. Really? "Negativity"? "Claim"? Those people's problems are REAL and they are now left with defective phones.
    For those with a real defect there is something called warranty. Even the bigger brands ship phones with undetected defects.

Some people have dropped their phones several times with minimal damage, while others drop their phone once and shatter the glass. It's all about the angle/impact/surface and sheer luck.
    06-05-17 09:54 AM
    Perhaps the problem that you all seek is that the phone itself is able to be dropped. Is that not the greatest design fail of all?
    anon(9100201) likes this.
    06-05-17 10:01 AM
    I dropped mine about the same distance. It landed on my MacBook, so I was like, "Crap, a two for one!" Laptop is fine, phone backplate did pop out at a corner. Snapped it back in. All is good.
    06-05-17 10:09 AM
    Nothing wrong with posting about an issue or defect to inform the community. Or asking for for advice or help when something goes wrong.

The problem is when the post is irrational or lays unnecessary blame. Or repeatedly highjacking the threads of others who are just looking for help. Or like the poster who had a red line on his screen; after creating his original thread on the topic he proceeded to create another one bringing into question the integrity of CBK and the rest of the CrackBerry team. That is unacceptable.

My God people, it's a phone. Sure it's an expensive outlay, but there's processes in place if something goes wrong.

ominaxe likes this.
    06-05-17 10:11 AM
    I dropped it on my forehead and I am still holding my breath.
    06-05-17 10:17 AM
    For those with a real defect there is something called warranty. Even the bigger brands ship phones with undetected defects.

Some people have dropped their phones several times with minimal damage, while others drop their phone once and shatter the glass. It's all about the angle/impact/surface and sheer luck.
    OK here we go again with the "real defect" as if insinuating that the people who posted their defective phones here have problems that are not "real."

You mention warranty. What exactly are you trying to say? That people who have defective phones just avail of the warranty and not post their problems here?

You should check the thread about the screen COMING OFF. As of last count, there are at least EIGHT forumers who have experienced the problem. Again, screen COMING OFF. Not shattering because they dropped it and it hit concrete or a rock or some hard surface.

Some of the comments here are just plain tasteless as if mocking those with REAL problems on their KEYones.
    The_Q and kbz1960 like this.
    06-05-17 10:20 AM
    Nothing wrong with posting about an issue or defect to inform the community. Or asking for for advice or help when something goes wrong.

The problem is when the post is irrational or lays unnecessary blame. Or repeatedly highjacking the threads of others who are just looking for help. Or like the poster who had a red line on his screen; after creating his original thread on the topic he proceeded to create another one bringing into question the integrity of CBK and the rest of the CrackBerry team. That is unacceptable.

My God people, it's a phone. Sure it's an expensive outlay, but there's processes in place if something goes wrong.

Agreed.
    06-05-17 10:21 AM
    Are you guys really insulting/downplaying legitimate customer concerns around major build quality oversights in a $550USD phone? You do realize the price point and the blackberry name come with some expectations, right?
    06-05-17 10:31 AM
    OK here we go again with the "real defect" as if insinuating that the people who posted their defective phones here have problems that are not "real."

You mention warranty. What exactly are you trying to say? That people who have defective phones just avail of the warranty and not post their problems here?

You should check the thread about the screen COMING OFF. As of last count, there are at least EIGHT forumers who have experienced the problem. Again, screen COMING OFF. Not shattering because they dropped it and it hit concrete or a rock or some hard surface.

Some of the comments here are just plain tasteless as if mocking those with REAL problems on their KEYones.
    Of course they are people with real issues with their K1. It would be naive to think that every phone being shipped is perfect.

Part of the issue lies in the fact that people had to wait a long time (due to limited stock) only to find out they were unlucky enough to be the one to receive a phone with a defect.

You can post a negative rant thread about it (it's a free world) or just get a replacement and be happy. I hope most people choose the second option.
    06-05-17 10:34 AM
    You can post a negative rant thread about it (it's a free world) or just get a replacement and be happy. I hope most people choose the second option.
    I hope people talk about the problems they are having with their much-anticipated $550 phone. People who have ordered it or are planning to purchase it should be made aware of the manufacturing defects.

People can get a replacement, but what if their replacement also turns out to have the same problem or an entirely different issue? Stay happy?

It would be naive to think (and hope) that people who had to wait a long time (due to limited stock) and find out that they spent their money on a defective phone would just get a replacement and be happy.

I hope posts mocking those of forumers with real defective KEYones would not discourage them from posting their REAL KEYone issues here.
    kbz1960, skinnymike1 and The_Q like this.
    06-05-17 10:58 AM
    Based on the hysteria you'd think BBmobile has a major quality control issue, the fact of the matter is that some defects don't get detected until in the hands of the consumer and we all know they will be first to complain and unfortunately the silent majority experience no issues.

My suggestion to anyone with a defect is to just get a replacement or a refund if you don't want to try another KEYOne, your whining on the forums ain't gonna fix your screen that popped out, red line on your screen or your mushy keyboard which had to be the most ridiculous complaint I've read so far.
    06-05-17 11:58 AM
    I dropped it on my forehead and I am still holding my breath.
    You must have a mushy forehead, lucky you
    06-05-17 11:59 AM
    Are you guys really insulting/downplaying legitimate customer concerns around major build quality oversights in a $550USD phone? You do realize the price point and the blackberry name come with some expectations, right?
    I believe they are just normal quality control issues, every phone has a bad batch but they represents a very low percentage. Unless there is a recall the issues reported thus far are minor relative to production numbers
    06-05-17 12:04 PM

Screen coming off
    Keyboard unresponsive
    Camera glass shattered
    Constant device reboots

The Keyboard my Priv is far more responsive when using it as a trackpad. On my KeyOne, the first two rows don't do much.
    06-05-17 12:14 PM
47 12