So, my earpiece speaker is dead. Contact support and they create a ticket for me to send it in and let me know within 7-10 days, I'll get a quote on the cost of the repair. Seriously?!?!?!

BlackBerry may have lost one of its biggest fans and loyal clients.

With this not being a unique issue, based on what I've seen online, I would have expected an offer to cross ship a non defective replacement device.

Any suggestions on how to survive a couple weeks without any phone, let alone my keyone?
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-07-17 06:07 PM
    What are you not telling us? Was the problem encountered out of the box?
    09-07-17 07:15 PM
    Tweet your concerns to @blackberry

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    09-07-17 07:19 PM
    Not an out of the box issue. Been using the phone since I bought it the weekend it was released in Canada. I mostly use Bluetooth and encountered the issue a few times, thinking it was just poor signal...never tried speaker phone. I've factory reset my phone several times and treat my phones with TLC.

I was hoping it was an OS issue, but with reading other posts that seem to have started showing up shortly after the release date, I'm sure it is a physical issue.

I put screen protection and a case on the phone as soon as I could get them.

I'm not upset with the defect, that happens. I'm upset that a company who produces phones for business doesn't provide better warranty service when Apple produces consumer phones and is known to replace them in-store if they cannot fix it then and there.
    09-07-17 07:39 PM
    This is a warranty issue. Who did you buy the phone from?
    09-07-17 08:40 PM
    Rogers via wireless wave.
    09-07-17 08:42 PM
    Then you should be dealing with them, no?
    09-07-17 09:09 PM
    I had an issue 'out of the box', (June purchase). I went back to Bell, they gave me a new device. I had to wait about 10 days; used my Classic in the mean time, simply swapped the SIM card. Received the replacement, all good since.
    09-07-17 09:11 PM
    Rogers via wireless wave.
    I had an issue DOA! the lamp underneath the square soft key would light up once in a while! Rogers Sent me a completely brand new one! mind you it was within the 30days tho! beyond 30days it's all warrany exchange either via Rogers tech support or through BBmobile!
    09-07-17 11:29 PM
    So, my earpiece speaker is dead. Contact support and they create a ticket for me to send it in and let me know within 7-10 days, I'll get a quote on the cost of the repair. Seriously?!?!?!

BlackBerry may have lost one of its biggest fans and loyal clients.

With this not being a unique issue, based on what I've seen online, I would have expected an offer to cross ship a non defective replacement device.

Any suggestions on how to survive a couple weeks without any phone, let alone my keyone?
    make sure you are within the 30days DOA policy!!!!! they will send you a new one or get an exchange at wireless wave!
    09-07-17 11:30 PM
    I had the screen lift issue. Took my phone back to the store I bought it from (Bell) they looked at it and took care of sending it back. They gave me a loaner LG phone and it took several days while I tracked it online from Bells support site. They gave me a new K1 in a few days. I don't see why anyone could complain about that service.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-08-17 12:31 PM
    sent in for repair and bought a galaxy s6. missing my KeyONE every minute it is gone. can't go far from a power outlet with this phone
    09-09-17 02:12 PM
    sent in for repair and bought a galaxy s6. missing my KeyONE every minute it is gone. can't go far from a power outlet with this phone
    Yeah, I feel that pain. Had to use my S7 when my keyone failed (3 replacements). Charging a phone 3 times a day is ridiculous. I hear the s8 battery is real good though. Not having the keyone really makes you appreciate it. Still my fav phone I've ever had.
    09-09-17 05:21 PM
    My phone officially was picked up by the courier Monday Sept 11 and they received it Tuesday Sept 12. I've made a couple attempts to contact BlackBerry Mobile Support for an update and the only answer I get is that no news is good news and that I should expect my phone back by Thursday Sept 21.

This morning, I got an email telling me that my ticket is now closed, but I don't have my phone, nor do I have any update on its condition. I phoned for another update and just got the same answer.

I think it might be worth an investment in a ticket system where users can login and see status updates. I'll report back if and when I hear from them or get my phone back.
    09-18-17 01:25 PM
    got a tweet this morning suggesting that they might be sending me a new phone and a ups tracking this evening. hope to have my fixed phone or a replacement tomorrow.
    09-20-17 09:41 PM
    My package arrived and it contained a new KeyONE replacement. The package just contained just the phone and a sheet that states, "unit exchanged" and nothing else about their diagnosis or attempt to repair.

I'm very relieved to be back online with my KeyONE and can actually type an entire sentence without having to undo autocorrect on 90% of the words.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-17 01:11 PM