When I setup the fingerprint sensor, it also made me choose a pin or pattern. Now when I unlock the phone using my finger print, it jumps me to the pin/pattern screen. So what is the point of fingerprint sensor if I also have to enter a pin or pattern. Might as well just use pin/pattern. I know iOS doesn't do this, can Andorid really be this lame?
    Last edited by mikelaca; 06-09-17 at 02:12 PM.
    06-09-17 01:46 PM
    Believe that is only the first time after setup or after phone has been rebooted.
    06-09-17 01:47 PM
    No you just did something wrong go over your settings again.
    knightfall, sesp9 and Adan Chou like this.
    06-09-17 01:48 PM
    Thanks Al, I did it again, this time it behaved TOTALLY different, but at least it worked. Thanks for the encouragement.
    06-09-17 02:08 PM
    I made the same mistake. you need to delete both and start over. select no thanks when prompted to have to pin for every restart. then you have a fingerprint for all and pin for when your fingerprint is not available. i.e. if your spouse picks up phone.
    Nels likes this.
    06-09-17 02:10 PM
    iOS does the same when you restart the phone. It's how the fingerprint is designed in current operating systems.
    06-09-17 08:07 PM
    I personally like the option to have to put in a pin to start the phone. It's another failsafe feature. It's exactly the same as if you were to put Security on your sim card and restart your phone. Normally I only get the pin option now if my fingerprint isn't recognized after so many attempts. I've got my left thumb down but have to keep redoing my right in the fingerprint scanner until I can get it correct. Now I just put my thumb on the scanner without having to activate the screen first and it opens up for me.
    06-10-17 06:58 AM
    I personally like the option to have to put in a pin to start the phone. It's another failsafe feature. It's exactly the same as if you were to put Security on your sim card and restart your phone. Normally I only get the pin option now if my fingerprint isn't recognized after so many attempts. I've got my left thumb down but have to keep redoing my right in the fingerprint scanner until I can get it correct. Now I just put my thumb on the scanner without having to activate the screen first and it opens up for me.
    Wait a second. We can have more than one fingerprint? Whoa
    06-10-17 08:59 AM
    Wait a second. We can have more than one fingerprint? Whoa
    of course...i always have 4
    06-10-17 09:15 AM
    Haha. I didn't know that. I'm only 4 days into keyone and Android so there's been a bit of a learning curve.
    06-10-17 09:45 AM
    I like they way this one works. I will also get my wife to put in her fingerprint in case she needs to use the phone in an emergency and I am unable to (accident or something).
    06-10-17 10:38 AM
    My Keyone awakes with my print (and I have three) once every ten times, I hope it's because it's winter and my fingertips feel awfully dry/peeled/cracked, but still, it's quite annoying not having them recognised, the phones vibrates but doesn't awake.
    01-01-18 02:18 PM
    My Keyone awakes with my print (and I have three) once every ten times, I hope it's because it's winter and my fingertips feel awfully dry/peeled/cracked, but still, it's quite annoying not having them recognised, the phones vibrates but doesn't awake.
    I have the same issues. When first established it worked for about a week. Then stopped. Then started working again for a few days. Then stopped and has not worked for quite a while and I stopped even trying. Just tried -still dead! I might wipe the security and try setting it up again. Apparently, just removing prints does not clear old ones from memory and so you canNOT add more. You supposedly have to remove security and then enable it again.
    01-01-18 02:51 PM
    Either methods can be used to unlock while the lock screen, which is the PIN screen, is active.

Smartlock will keep the phone unlocked, or security permitted, under selected smert conditions, ie on persons, near certain things, location, voice, stuffs. Yes, I said smert.

Fingerprints allows use of two or more thumbs for humans with two hands. Oooo.
    01-01-18 04:47 PM
    When I setup the fingerprint sensor, it also made me choose a pin or pattern. Now when I unlock the phone using my finger print, it jumps me to the pin/pattern screen. So what is the point of fingerprint sensor if I also have to enter a pin or pattern. Might as well just use pin/pattern. I know iOS doesn't do this, can Andorid really be this lame?
    When KEYone first launched with whatever version and security patch level of Android, it had a feature where you could do exactly this. Fingerprint first, then PIN second. It was an option. "Require PIN every time" or something like that. I turned it off.

That feature has gone away, and I can't find it anywhere. Maybe they removed it as they updated the system over the last 6 months.

You say this behavior "went away". I suggest it "went away" after you had a chance to download some updates.

NOTE: this has NOTHING to do with the feature where it requires the PIN after a restart. That is completely and 100% different.
    01-01-18 06:27 PM
    When you set them up did you make sure to get different angles of your finger when it asks you to touch the space bar several times while setting up?
    01-01-18 06:30 PM
    I find the fingerprint detector doesn't work when my finger is wet or has food on it.
    01-02-18 12:05 AM
    Seems to always require a pin upon reboot. wish it would accept fingerprint all the time.
    01-02-18 12:06 AM
    Funny story...I set up both thumbs and a new pattern last night. At the time I really liked the pattern I came up with. This morning, the phone asked for the additional security verification beyond the finger print scan. I couldn't remember my pattern. I even tried to recreate it on several sheets of paper and after 10 tries, I failed to come up with it so it auto factory reset. I realized that the starting point and end point of the pattern are important vs just getting the pattern correct (I think). Anyway, now that I am back up on the phone, I don't think I will go with patterns anymore. Did I say it was a funny story? Maybe one day I'll look back and laugh. Happy New Year!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-18 01:26 PM
    You can remove the 10 attempt limit, I did. I have always considered it an accident bound to happen.
    01-02-18 01:56 PM
    Thanks, I may go back to it at some point with something not so creative. Even with eliminating the limit, I am not sure I will ever be able to recreate it. Talk about great security Thanks!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-18 02:11 PM
    I find the fingerprint detector doesn't work when my finger is wet or has food on it.
    You're a wild one. I can't bring myself to touch my phone if I'm eating and I'm all greasy fingered or whatever.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-18 03:44 PM
    I unlock my phone via thumb effortlessly every time!!
    01-05-18 12:39 PM
    I love my fingerprint sensor..unlocks eveytime!
    01-05-18 02:49 PM
    I love my fingerprint sensor..unlocks eveytime!
    I agree, this is one feature/function that the K1 has implemented at a best in class level. It really is well done.
    01-06-18 06:43 AM
33 12