My keyone has been great until today! For some reason or another the finger print sensor is not reading any prints. The spacebar generally works and the fingerprint logo appears on the screen. The LED indicators also come on however it doesn't read anything.

It is a bit of nusence as I am heavily reliant on it. Any help on this would be much appreciated!

PS I've tried the hold down power for thirty seconds with no success.
    07-01-17 09:39 AM
    My keyone has been great until today! For some reason or another the finger print sensor is not reading any prints. The spacebar generally works and the fingerprint logo appears on the screen. The LED indicators also come on however it doesn't read anything.

It is a bit of nusence as I am heavily reliant on it. Any help on this would be much appreciated!

PS I've tried the hold down power for thirty seconds with no success.
    You tried to hold down the power for thirty seconds with no success? What does that mean? Did the phone restart or did it not?
    07-01-17 10:01 AM
    delete the fingerprints and re-do them.. clearing cache and restarting phones may help..
    07-01-17 12:41 PM
    You tried to hold down the power for thirty seconds with no success? What does that mean? Did the phone restart or did it not?
    I read if i held the power button down for 30 secs or so it may trigger the fingerprint sensor to recalibrate. I tried this and the phone came back on after the restart however the issue still persists.
    07-01-17 06:02 PM
    delete the fingerprints and re-do them.. clearing cache and restarting phones may help..
    I deactivated the fingerprint sensor so set a pin only lock screen. I then went to re-activate the fingerprint lock and now all my finger prints are lost. It asks me to make new fingerprint scans however the scanner does not pick up my finger print and just stays idle.

I've not tried to clear the cache as of yet as i'm not sure how to.
    07-01-17 06:04 PM
    Tried wiping the fingerprint scanner with a clean cloth?
    07-01-17 06:09 PM
    Tried wiping the fingerprint scanner with a clean cloth?
    Yep. Still no luck. Very strange. I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software glitch.
    LuckVII likes this.
    07-01-17 06:53 PM
    the fingerprint scanner isn't as good as the home button on the iPhone, but 9 times out of 10 it works.
    07-01-17 11:34 PM
    the fingerprint scanner isn't as good as the home button on the iPhone, but 9 times out of 10 it works.
    Really? I would say it completely the other way around and it's flawless. Superior to the iPhone home button.
    07-02-17 12:10 AM
    Really? I would say it completely the other way around and it's flawless. Superior to the iPhone home button.
    I totally agree
    07-02-17 12:22 AM
    IMHO the fingerprint scanner is far better then the one on my iPhone or the S7.
    07-02-17 01:06 AM
    When it works, I would agree.
    But I have now lost count of the times it says it doesn't recognize my finger and makes me enter my password, or says it was going too fast (which it wasn't).

But I like that when it works, you just rest your finger, you don't have to push down like you do on the iPhone.
    07-03-17 01:41 PM
    When it works, I would agree.
    But I have now lost count of the times it says it doesn't recognize my finger and makes me enter my password, or says it was going too fast (which it wasn't).

But I like that when it works, you just rest your finger, you don't have to push down like you do on the iPhone.
    Did you use all different angles on your finger when settings it up? I have yet to have it not work.
    07-03-17 03:32 PM
    i have to admit, at first it worked flawlessly. but this past couple days its been acting up a little. JUST A LITTLE. it wouldnt recognized a couple of times. now when i say little, i mean little. like 1/20 times. not too much too worry about at this point.. ill see how it behaves this week and post back.
    07-03-17 10:18 PM