For a little over a day now, the fingerprint scanner stopped working. It doesn't light up. I can still see it in the Settings - Security - Fingerprint. The spacebar works.

I've tried the reset a couple of times already. My phone's a year old this month, and is currently stuck on the May 2018 patch AAY819.

Has anyone experienced this and had a solution? Should I just wait it out? Hope an update fixes it (if an update still arrives, that is)?

Thank you for your time.
    09-04-18 07:50 AM
    Did this start after an update?

If not, it's more likely a hardware issues. Can always try a Factory Reset to see if that clears it up.
    09-04-18 08:07 AM
    For a little over a day now, the fingerprint scanner stopped working. It doesn't light up. I can still see it in the Settings - Security - Fingerprint. The spacebar works.

I've tried the reset a couple of times already. My phone's a year old this month, and is currently stuck on the May 2018 patch AAY819.

Has anyone experienced this and had a solution? Should I just wait it out? Hope an update fixes it (if an update still arrives, that is)?

Thank you for your time.
    Did you install any new apps recently?

You can also try removing any finger prints already in there and start again. To do this you need to first disable any security or passwords you already have, then reboot. Then try starting the re-entry process.

Good luck.
    09-04-18 10:16 AM