Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi. I did a very quick search and did not find my answer. The key / button for my fingerprint scanner (or spacebar) is trying to come off. Can I put a tiny spot of super glue on the underside to fix it or will that cause issues? Thanks for the advice.
    08-22-19 06:38 AM
    Hi. I did a very quick search and did not find my answer. The key / button for my fingerprint scanner (or spacebar) is trying to come off. Can I put a tiny spot of super glue on the underside to fix it or will that cause issues? Thanks for the advice.
    You can try. Worst case, spend $20 and get a new keyboard.
    08-22-19 06:44 AM
    My fingerprint sensor stopped working and I replaced the keyboard (eBay) and it was easy to replace!
    08-25-19 03:42 PM
    Ironically I cracked my screen and replaced that as well today - again very easy and cheap from eBay - $21
    08-28-19 08:39 PM
    Try the super glue first, using a toothpick (less glue the better). Too much glue could drip down into the spring clip and that would mess up the space bar function.

The space bar/fingerprint sensor is essentially 3 parts, the space bar is essentially a fingerprint sensor first.

Below the sensor there is a micro switch that is activated/controlled by a spring clip located at the bottom of the assembly.

In other words, the space function is actually a microswitch with the associated spring located underneath the fingerprint sensor. If you were to get some glue into that it could mess with the space function.
    Attached Thumbnails Fingerprint scanner key falling off-notable-00260.jpg  
    08-28-19 10:17 PM
    Thanks, yamahammer. I wish I had seen your tip about the toothpick. I had used superglue and yes, got a little too much glue. The spacebar works, but sometimes it takes a harder push to get it to work, OR it causes an immediate double-push which results in a period and end of sentence.

C-McD, are there instructions on how to replace a keyboard? If I get too annoyed with how my keyboard behaves now, maybe I will try that. Thanks.
    08-29-19 05:14 AM
    Thanks, yamahammer. I wish I had seen your tip about the toothpick. I had used superglue and yes, got a little too much glue. The spacebar works, but sometimes it takes a harder push to get it to work, OR it causes an immediate double-push which results in a period and end of sentence.

C-McD, are there instructions on how to replace a keyboard? If I get too annoyed with how my keyboard behaves now, maybe I will try that. Thanks.
    Check out this thread on how to replace the keyboard..

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...n-1175616-new/
    08-29-19 01:12 PM
    There are a number of YouTube videos as mentioned by others.

Doesn't require a complete tear down. Remove Cap, remove back, disconnect battery, remove black module, remove metal holddown over keyboard plug, remove keyboard. Reverse process for install.
    09-08-19 10:38 AM