When the screen is off, mine doesn't react to a finger approx 1 in every 30 (so not too often). Screen stays off and doesn't say yes or no.

At that point I could use a known finger a hundred times and it won't react, but as soon as I press the power button to turn the screen on first then it works instantly.

Anyone else?
    06-01-17 01:45 AM
    Weird. For me it works everytime. Tried to make someone else impersonate me and they couldn't.
    06-01-17 02:07 AM
    Mines fine works every time
    06-01-17 02:09 AM
    Nope works all the time. Try to rescan.

I am assuming you haven't install anything out of ordinary on the phone that can play with phone's sleeping.
    06-01-17 02:11 AM
    When the screen is off, mine doesn't react to a finger approx 1 in every 30 (so not too often). Screen stays off and doesn't say yes or no.

At that point I could use a known finger a hundred times and it won't react, but as soon as I press the power button to turn the screen on first then it works instantly.

Anyone else?
    Yea I get the same thing every now and again. Not a big issue.
    06-01-17 04:45 AM
    I have not yet had the pleasure of using the KEYone fingerprint scanner, but I am sure that it must be better than the Samsung S2 9.7 scanner. Most times, I have to enter the pass code.
    06-01-17 05:15 AM
    It works instantly and every time for me ! I can confirm also that is responding faster than a S7+
    06-01-17 05:14 PM
    It works instantly and every time for me ! I can confirm also that is responding faster than a S7+
    Same here better than my iPhone 6, surprised how well it's working
    06-01-17 05:18 PM
    works every time for me and very good at it.
    06-01-17 05:19 PM
    Fingerprint worked for about 5 days on my Keyone and suddenly stopped. Restart the phone a few times, still won't work. Even did the software update and still the same. Also, I tried to register my fingerprint over again and won't even recognize any touch on the space bar Anyone having the same issue?
    06-13-17 12:38 AM
    Fingerprint worked for about 5 days on my Keyone and suddenly stopped. Restart the phone a few times, still won't work. Even did the software update and still the same. Also, I tried to register my fingerprint over again and won't even recognize any touch on the space bar Anyone having the same issue?
    I just seem to have a similar problem. The screen bar became less responsive seemingly out of the blue sky. I tried restarting the phone again and it did not get better. I then deleted the fingerprints and tried adding them again, but that does not work. While some taps are recognized, the "progress bar" does not move any further and after some taps on the keyboard, the fingerprint registration will abort.

Does anyone know what might be the reason for this? There's no visible damage on the space bar - besides, the infamous destruction video demonstrated that even with a completely scratched surface, the fingerprint recognition on the space bar would still work.
    06-23-17 12:08 PM
    Actually I have to clarify my statement. Seems, it still works but it is much less responsive now.
    06-23-17 12:15 PM
    I only have problems with sweaty fingers. That might be the problem.
    06-23-17 03:45 PM
    The fingerprint scanner works great each and every time on both of my known thumbs.
    06-23-17 04:05 PM
    Weird. For me it works everytime. Tried to make someone else impersonate me and they couldn't.
    Fingerprint scanner is among my favorite functions, although I understand this has been out on non Blackberry devices for some time.

Seems to work every time, although it takes about 20 presses to register a finger or thumb.

I have both thumbs registered and my right index finger. All of them work instantly. Very happy w this function.

Blackberry finally catching up?
    06-25-17 03:54 PM
    Sometimes mine works instantly, sometimes I have to place my finger 2-4 times before it will recognize it. I've tried deleting and resetting fingerprints a couple of times, just in case. (I used fingerprint scanner on DTEK60 with zero issues so I don't think it's user error :-P)
    06-26-17 05:45 PM
    Sometimes mine works instantly, sometimes I have to place my finger 2-4 times before it will recognize it. I've tried deleting and resetting fingerprints a couple of times, just in case. (I used fingerprint scanner on DTEK60 with zero issues so I don't think it's user error :-P)
    Instant for me, no matter which hand/finger.
    06-26-17 06:43 PM
    Fingerprint scanner-finger-sensor.jpg

I turned mine off when I read on CB that a fingerprint scanner really isn't secure because there are bad people out there who will cut off your fingers in the middle of the night and use them to get at your Candy Crush scores and the pin number to your $75 chequing account.

Think I am kidding? Check out past threads!
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 06-28-17 at 09:09 PM.
    06-28-17 08:51 PM
    Mine works perfectly. Great device.
    06-30-17 01:55 AM