Hi there,

Just got the Oreo update (using the dual SIM Black Edition version from India, but I'm in the U.S.), and while everything is running quite well so far, I did notice a quirk: the LED on the space bar no longer flashes when fingerprint is needed to unlock from the lock screen. Is this something that happened to everyone with the Oreo update, and/or is there a way to reactivate the LED flash? Thanks.
    09-13-18 05:07 PM
    Yep, they never added it in Oreo.
    09-13-18 05:17 PM
    Yep, they never added it in Oreo.
    Interesting - mine works just fine, go figure....I'm on ABG366, my previous (and first for that matter) Oreo was ABD174 and no issues with the fingerprint LED with ABD174 either...
    09-13-18 05:42 PM
    Interesting - mine works just fine, go figure....I'm on ABG366, my previous (and first for that matter) Oreo was ABD174 and no issues with the fingerprint LED with ABD174 either...
    Where is the settings located on your device? Because they're gone on my unlocked North American KEYone Black.
    09-13-18 05:44 PM
    Where is the settings located on your device? Because they're gone on my unlocked North American KEYone Black.
    Nothing to find in settings but yes I still get an led flash on the spacebar, but only on the left side??
    09-13-18 05:51 PM
    Nothing to find in settings but yes I still get an led flash on the spacebar, but only on the left side??
    Oh. I misread.. the flash still exists. For some reason my brain read this as the the settings to adjust the level of brightness. My bad.

https://crackberry.com/how-adjust-fi...ckberry-keyone

^^ that's gone.
    09-13-18 05:53 PM
    That's the thing - there's NO settings for the LED!!! Actually, I had never used it before while on Nougat and only started using the finger print scanner with Oreo. To my big surprise, the LED just started blinking as soon as I'd tap my lock screen following the fingerprint lock initiation....
    09-13-18 05:53 PM
    Oh. I misread.. the flash still exists. For some reason my brain read this as the the settings to adjust the level of brightness.
    OK - now it's clear... So back to OP - have you tried a factory reset?
    09-13-18 05:55 PM
    Oh. I misread.. the flash still exists. For some reason my brain read this as the the settings to adjust the level of brightness. My bad.

https://crackberry.com/how-adjust-fi...ckberry-keyone

^^ that's gone.
    Interesting note to add in my case is that when I change to night mode both LED's light up on the spacebar. Will report to the Beta Program.
    09-13-18 06:11 PM
    Haven't tried a factory reset, and it's no big deal really. That said, I did what shandy-R2D2 did, which was tap my screen to wake it up from sleep/lock, and *then* the spacebar LED started flashing to "remind" to use the fingerprint to unlock. I guess that's how it works now. Saves battery I suppose?
    09-13-18 06:24 PM
    Haven't tried a factory reset, and it's no big deal really. That said, I did what shandy-R2D2 did, which was tap my screen to wake it up from sleep/lock, and *then* the spacebar LED started flashing to "remind" to use the fingerprint to unlock. I guess that's how it works now. Saves battery I suppose?

Aha, so it looks it's not broken after all It just works the way it's supposed to under Oreo That's some good news for you then!
    09-13-18 06:33 PM