06-27-17 09:55 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    Sorry. Mistake post.
    06-18-17 10:30 PM
    06-18-17 10:45 PM
    my screen lifted after two weeks of gentle use without any drop. and if I remember correctly, out of 6-7 cases that I saw here in this forum including me, only two people had actually dropped it from 1-2 feet above.

I wouldn't even call it as dropped. I have dropped my other phones from 3-5 feet above several times, and all survived with few cuffs here and there

I would call It as a quite wide spread issue for the number of devices sold and for the duration of devices that have been actually out there in public (2weeks).

Yesterday I received my replacement from amazon, and the new one has very noticeably loose volumes button that wiggles with shaking. And I can even hear little shaky sound from it if I shake my phone hard. I can confirm that the old one with faulty screen at least does not have this volume button issue.

I am not planning to replace this one again for this minor issue at this point, but yes... TCL has some quality control issue. Sigh
    06-21-17 08:01 AM
    is there any batch number or identifying info on all the phones that have had screen lifting? if we can be aware of that info, we may be able to tell by box identifiers before being hassled with replacement?
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-21-17 11:11 AM
    is there any batch number or identifying info on all the phones that have had screen lifting? if we can be aware of that info, we may be able to tell by box identifiers before being hassled with replacement?
    Doesn't appear to be one batch as the issue has appeared in every model and every region.
    kbz1960 and jgreenholtz like this.
    06-21-17 11:41 AM
    ^ with Kevin's video one can only seriously come to the conclusion a very bad batch of KeyOnes
    That may be true but I never trust someone who is getting paid to promote their device. Just look at the updated Crackberry app. It's has KEYone advertising all over it.
    06-22-17 04:01 PM
    Doesn't appear to be one batch as the issue has appeared in every model and every region.
    It definitely is not a batch issue since my replacement unit that I just received a week ago also showed "not fully attached to the frame" condition.

I would not notice it at this early point if I didn't have the one with defective falling off screen already. I very closely looked at the replacement unit to make sure it show any similar condition, and no surprise. In the exact same spot(right bottom) is not fully sealed to the frame. And yes, it is a matter of time until if falls off again.

I will return it for refund, and get the one from bestbuy as my last try. (This replacement one also had rattling volume button as well anyway).

And if that goes wrong again, I will just glue it myself.

****... TCL didn't address the issue with newer batch yet for sure. And it is their design or glue itself flew....
    Last edited by destiny.seeker; 06-26-17 at 06:04 PM.
    06-26-17 05:16 PM
    It definitely is not a batch issue since my replacement unit that I just received a week ago also showed "not fully attached to the frame" condition.

I would not notice it at this early point if I didn't have the one with defective falling off screen already. I very closely looked at the replacement unit to make sure it show any similar condition, and no surprise. In the exact same spot(right bottom) is not fully sealed to the frame. And yes, it is a matter of time until if falls off again.

I will return it for refund, and get the one from bestbuy as my last try. (This replacement one also had rattling volume button as well anyway).

****... TCL didn't address the issue with newer batch yet for sure. And it is their design or glue itself flew....
    Loll damn I feel your pain
    06-26-17 06:21 PM

Wow I'm really glad I sent mine back for a full refund. What a mess. Hope you can finally get a good unit my man.
    06-26-17 06:41 PM
    Good points and fair enough. I understand what you're saying for sure. Naturally, I too would be disappointed with a loose screen.

My experiences with BlackBerry smartphones has been (excuse the cliché) ninety-nine percent great and very reliable. I've had problems here and there that were/are easy to deal with.

My Passport SE is great. I do realize people have had bending problems or screen pops due to the awkward design of all Passport models. Understanding that the design is unorthodox, I handle(d) the Passport with care, probably more so than other designs.

No matter the design, I also take very good care of every BlackBerry and they're never in my back pockets, rarely in the front either.

My specific collection of my favorite BlackBerry's have all been of exceptional quality and I really enjoy them all barring the usual little problems. I suppose that's "lucky" for some, but reasons I stick with BlackBerry devices.

I really hope you end up finding what you want and need with BlackBerry and if they don't measure up, the best news is there's a ton of devices available people find to be awesome.

All the best.
    I've owned three PPOGS and one PPSE, never had a screen loose nor any other problems, love the PP!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 09:55 PM
85 ... 234