Well the time has come. I really need you guys to convince me. My friend is coming from California next week and I now have the chance to buy the KEYone. But on the other hand I can order Galaxy S8 from b&h for 640 $ and not pay tax. I really like the KEYone but the screen lift issue would be fatal for me if happens since BlackBerry Mobile does not even sell the device here in Turkey. I am torn.
    07-03-17 10:52 AM
    I would go for S8. You're getting more for the money except a PKB.
    07-03-17 11:18 AM
    Go with your heart.

And I know the heart wants BB
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    07-03-17 11:21 AM
    As a BlackBerry user, KeyOne owner, and totally invested BlackBerryian I would say be cautious with the KeyONe. I have had no issues whatsoever with mine. But if I couldn't return it I would be careful. That being said, its a great phone.
    anon(9803818) likes this.
    07-03-17 11:33 AM
    Go with your heart.

And I know the heart wants BB
    The heart wants the KEYone but the god d*mn brain...
    07-03-17 11:39 AM
    I had a look at both, Samsung is a great phone. I decided keyone, suits my needs. I've insured at the value of S8 just in case something goes drastically wrong with it and then will try the S8. Touch wood, no problems with mine or my sisters. if you really want pkb, no brainer. if not S8
    07-03-17 11:57 AM
    I am using the priv right now and it's performance is enough for me apart from the battery. Is Keyone better? Plus is the screen brightness very different than the Priv?
    I have no idea as I've never owned a PRIV so I can't compare. The KEYone is far superior to my Bold 9900 and my previous Sony Xperia Z3.
    Well the only option for me is to buy it from Amazon since BestBuy does not have any in stock. Any info about the Amazon batch? More or less reliable?
    Well the only option for me is to buy it from Amazon since BestBuy does not have any in stock. Any info about the Amazon batch? More or less reliable?
    Again, no idea. Good luck all the same :-)
    07-03-17 12:27 PM
    Sir I got the keyone last week and loving it as for the screen lifting no one that I know have got it whose bought the phone. I love it I had the s8 in one hand and keyone in the other. I paid 100$ more for it than s8 buying this is a different ball game. Wish u all the best in whatever u buy.
    07-03-17 12:46 PM
    Well KEYone it is for me. Hope I don't have buyers remorse but again better build, battery life and no heating is an enough upgrade from priv.
    07-03-17 01:09 PM
    Well the time has come. I really need you guys to convince me. My friend is coming from California next week and I now have the chance to buy the KEYone. But on the other hand I can order Galaxy S8 from b&h for 640 $ and not pay tax. I really like the KEYone but the screen lift issue would be fatal for me if happens since BlackBerry Mobile does not even sell the device here in Turkey. I am torn.
    The odds of a screen lifting incident with the BlackBerry KEYone is fairly low so if this is the only thing holding you back, just buy it.
    07-03-17 01:22 PM
    Just get insurance if you're concerned. I usually get it for a the first few months so I can quickly replace a device if it was a lemon. Saves the repair process hassle.
    07-03-17 01:40 PM
    Enjoy your KEYone!! Mine has been faultless and it is a great phone. I am sure you will love it.
    07-03-17 01:57 PM
    Just get insurance if you're concerned. I usually get it for a the first few months so I can quickly replace a device if it was a lemon. Saves the repair process hassle.
    I don't think the insurance will cover it since I will be using it in Turkey.
    07-03-17 01:59 PM
    You don't have device insurance in Turkey?
    07-03-17 02:19 PM
    I bought my second one with international insurance, including water damage. My first K1 experienced water damage (my own fault). None of them had any screen lifting or similar issues.
    07-03-17 02:26 PM
    You don't have device insurance in Turkey?
    Don't have the device in the first place
    07-03-17 02:56 PM
    Well Amazon says shipping will be in 1-2 months. BestBuy has no stock. So I guess it is S8 for me
    07-03-17 03:06 PM
    Don't have the device in the first place
    Get insurance and import it if you don't want to wait. Sounds like you really want an S8 though.
    07-03-17 03:11 PM
    Looked at the S8 and XZ Premium as my second phone to a Priv. Went with the XZ . the build quality on that is in a different universe to the Priv and probably the K1. The PKB is less important to me compared to the Hub which I can download anyway to the XZ.
    07-03-17 03:24 PM
    Well Amazon says shipping will be in 1-2 months. BestBuy has no stock. So I guess it is S8 for me
    If you are truly interested in the KEYone you can order it from this UK website WITH international insurance: https://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim...e-p-87502.html
    07-03-17 03:41 PM
    If you are truly interested in the KEYone you can order it from this UK website WITH international insurance: https://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim...e-p-87502.html
    I got both my K1's from there, the second one with insurance. No issue with either. The first one suffered saltwater damage, but that was my own fault.
    07-03-17 03:45 PM
    Unfortunately importing a smartphone into Turkey is forbidden. I would have bought it in the first place if it could have been done. Govt can't get enough tax I guess.

Plus I really want the K1. I was the one who defended the leaked presentation slide being authentic so fiercely. Been waiting for this almost a year now. S8 would just be a smart buy.
    07-03-17 03:45 PM
    Unfortunately importing a smartphone into Turkey is forbidden. I would have bought it in the first place if it could have been done. Govt can't get enough tax I guess.
    Really? That sounds strange. Usually you just pay the import tax and that's it.
    07-03-17 03:48 PM
30 12