Why I switched from the Mighty Blackberry Classic:

Camera - Really got tired of watching others take nice photos while I could barely get my camera app to open fast enough to capture a decent shot.

Browser - Just doesn't work on many sites. Can't wait for an update that may never come...

Screen - Don't play games or watch much video, but the Classic display is too small for viewing anything but text and email.

Apps - As time went on I needed more apps! Still haven't loaded that many, but the ones I have run well.

Why I miss my Mighty Classic:

KeyOne is slippery - Damn thing is constantly slipping out of my hand! No doubt, It's a great looking phone, I love the design and form factor. Even my teenage daughter thinks it looks cool! But the damn thing has no grip! Needless to say I'm looking for a rubbery case so I won't drop it! Any suggestions are appreciated.

Android menus - How many are there? BB10 had its share, but this is ridiculous! Do I really need to spend the next year finding all the options? Android is way more complicated than it needs to be.

Privacy - Even with DTEK Android has more holes than a golf course! Is it even possible to really keep your contacts, calendar, phone logs, and email reasonably private?

I've got a lot to learn about Android. It seems to be just fine for everyone else I know.

To those that refuse to move on from BB10, I understand and support you. It wasn't an easy decision for me.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-17 08:42 PM
    Why I switched from the Mighty Blackberry Classic:

Camera - Really got tired of watching others take nice photos while I could barely get my camera app to open fast enough to capture a decent shot.

Browser - Just doesn't work on many sites. Can't wait for an update that may never come...

Screen - Don't play games or watch much video, but the Classic display is too small for viewing anything but text and email.

Apps - As time went on I needed more apps! Still haven't loaded that many, but the ones I have run well.

Why I miss my Mighty Classic:

KeyOne is slippery - Damn thing is constantly slipping out of my hand! No doubt, It's a great looking phone, I love the design and form factor. Even my teenage daughter thinks it looks cool! But the damn thing has no grip! Needless to say I'm looking for a rubbery case so I won't drop it! Any suggestions are appreciated.

Android menus - How many are there? BB10 had its share, but this is ridiculous! Do I really need to spend the next year finding all the options? Android is way more complicated than it needs to be.

Privacy - Even with DTEK Android has more holes than a golf course! Is it even possible to really keep your contacts, calendar, phone logs, and email reasonably private?

I've got a lot to learn about Android. It seems to be just fine for everyone else I know.

To those that refuse to move on from BB10, I understand and support you. It wasn't an easy decision for me.
    I will be next soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 08:59 PM
    So 19 holes?
    09-09-17 09:03 PM

I completely agree with you on the slippery feel. wish they put some runners of that great rubbery texture they have on the back, along the sides. I ended up getting a clear rubbery cash - got it back in June, so can't tell you what the brand was, but it was less than 10 dollars (found it on Amazon).

Android is a beast - I've got a technology background, and I don't think I have very much that is positive about Android. My standby quote about how I feel about the KeyOne - "Love the hardware, absolutely hate the OS ". It been almost 3mo with android now, and I still haven't gotten used to it - compared to BBOS10. Though, having the access to the various different apps is really the only redeeming feature of Android.

I'm still on the April 2017 security update - BB Mobile tells me they are still testing the security update for the CMDA version. Hard to talk about security when your last security patch is over 5 months old.

I came from the Q10 and even after being with Android for the 3.5 months, I find myself still longing for BBOS10 - truly shameful how BBOS was abandoned by developers and BB itself.

It does take some time to get used to, but on the OS side, it seems like a step backwards - but love the hardware.

Cheers,
    Greg
    09-09-17 09:19 PM
    I purchases a Seidio Surface case with the associated Holster, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. While it makes the KEYᵒⁿᵉ a little larger I believe it makes the phone more balanced and much easier to hold and use.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-17 06:53 AM
    Indeed a very tough decision to move from BB10 to Android.
    But a necessary one.
    The lesser you think about it, the easier it makes you feel.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-17 07:12 AM

I agree with a lot of this. My first day with the KeyOne, as impressed as I was with the hardware, proved a shock to the system in terms of becoming used to Android.

Where it becomes easier is with the realisation that the layout can be simplified, and Google doesn't have to be a hugely intrusive entity. I have Chrome disabled in favour of Firefox, and iCloud handles my calendar, contacts and so forth. There are Google services, of course, that remain useful to me.

In the past, I would have run a mile from Android, but it has undergone some visible professionalisation in the last few years, both in terms of stock releases and manufacturers' skins. An interesting case of the latter is Samsung: even the Galaxy S7's software looked cartoonish to me, but the S8 is a dramatic veer towards a smarter, tidier-looking customised Android experience.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-17 09:58 AM
    I got this case, it is so awesome, made by Ringke. Super thin but protects the edges well and has a teeny raised top so if you turn it upside down the screen does not touch the surface. I got the smoke black edge, so classy:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13016597
    Last edited by dollface; 09-10-17 at 12:26 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-17 10:27 AM