Was on Duo...and the screen fell off and hit me square in the face!...The devastation! Guess it's the All black edition.
    Last edited by Rawkywilde; 09-23-17 at 10:02 PM.
    09-23-17 09:32 PM
    Was on Duo...and the screen fell off and hit me square in the face!...The devastation! Guess it's the All black addition...
    Perhaps it's warranty time?
    09-23-17 09:35 PM
    Was on Duo...and the screen fell off and hit me square in the face!...The devastation! Guess it's the All black addition...
    Warranty it and sell it if you want the black one.
    09-23-17 10:01 PM
    Warranty it and sell it if you want the black one.
    Yeah I might just have to, I gotta say it's disheartening though. I'm aware there is usually a batch of defective phones with every brand but for a brand that is trying to prove and redeem itself...It's 1 Step forward 2 steps back...
    09-23-17 10:05 PM
    Hopefully you'll get a replacement that works well. Ive had to send 2 back now hopefully the third times the charm if I'm lucky.
    09-23-17 10:07 PM
    Yeah I might just have to, I gotta say it's disheartening though. I'm aware there is usually a batch of defective phones with every brand but for a brand that is trying to prove and redeem itself...It's 1 Step forward 2 steps back...
    Definitely an unfortunate manufacturing overlook. I've been one of the fortunate ones where my screen has been fine. However, could be worse. (Phones exploding if you're samsung).
    thekidshop likes this.
    09-23-17 10:07 PM
    Definitely an unfortunate manufacturing overlook. I've been one of the fortunate ones where my screen has been fine. However, could be worse. (Phones exploding if you're samsung).
    I was once in your shoes, I got mine in June...I thought I was spared lol...

My advice don't use anything that will heat up the phone, something tells me that's what caused the adhesive failure.
    09-23-17 10:21 PM
    I was once in your shoes, I got mine in June...I thought I was spared lol...

My advice don't use anything that will heat up the phone, something tells me that's what caused the adhesive failure.
    I use Waze almost everyday to avoid Madrid's traffic jams as much as possible and weather is hot until October or so... Do you think I must overlook this phone?.
    I'm waiting for a good offer on Black Edition, but maybe I should keep using the Priv instead.
    09-24-17 03:25 AM
    I use Waze almost everyday to avoid Madrid's traffic jams as much as possible and weather is hot until October or so... Do you think I must overlook this phone?
    I was on vacation in Spain a week ago. My KEYone (manufactured end of April) was mounted in the car's front window and even heated up to the point where it said "Deactivating components to better cool off the phone" one day. My display still sits firmly in the frame.
    09-24-17 08:55 AM
    I was on vacation in Spain a week ago. My KEYone (manufactured end of April) was mounted in the car's front window and even heated up to the point where it said "Deactivating components to better cool off the phone" one day. My display still sits firmly in the frame.
    Thanks a lot for your answer, thanks what I wanted to know
    mbirth likes this.
    09-24-17 09:00 AM
    I use Waze almost everyday to avoid Madrid's traffic jams as much as possible and weather is hot until October or so... Do you think I must overlook this phone?.
    I'm waiting for a good offer on Black Edition, but maybe I should keep using the Priv instead.
    BB Mobile/TCL has apparently addressed the problem with the glue not holding the screen to the body. I think you'd be okay.
    09-24-17 09:09 AM
    I was told by BlackBerry Support representative that not all of the phones from early batches are actually affected. Mine was build 22/04/2014 and it happened. Never fell out completely but it started to be significant.

I have now a completely brand new piece made coincidently made 22/08/2017 at it's my first week with this piece. Fingers crossed, otherwise I like this phone a lot.
    09-24-17 10:12 AM
    If we have to bet right now whether or not your device will have screen lift at some point, what do you think would be the safer bet

It's already been revealed they had screens falling out during prelaunch when Kevin was doing the meet ups. Back then the saying was "these are preproduction, they'll have it fixed by launch".

I won't be shocked when we are still having this convo next year as each and every single launch device fails.
    09-24-17 11:09 AM
    I was told by BlackBerry Support representative that not all of the phones from early batches are actually affected. Mine was build 22/04/2014 and it happened. Never fell out completely but it started to be significant.

I have now a completely brand new piece made coincidently made 22/08/2017 at it's my first week with this piece. Fingers crossed, otherwise I like this phone a lot.
    Can you see the glue on the edge viewed from the side?
    09-24-17 11:24 AM
    If we have to bet right now whether or not your device will have screen lift at some point, what do you think would be the safer bet

It's already been revealed they had screens falling out during prelaunch when Kevin was doing the meet ups. Back then the saying was "these are preproduction, they'll have it fixed by launch".

I won't be shocked when we are still having this convo next year as each and every single launch device fails.
    Launch devices are imo all or almost all gonna have this issue, but the real problem is, will all KEYone's with a build date before July 10th or so gonna have their screens lift as well? Mine for example is 06/23, and there has been someone on the forum with date 06/29 that had his screen lift...meaning none of June is safe. This just sucks, I have very thin layer of clear tape holding the screen at the top just in case...but I shouldn't have to do that
    09-24-17 12:01 PM
    Launch devices are imo all or almost all gonna have this issue, but the real problem is, will all KEYone's with a build date before July 10th or so gonna have their screens lift as well? Mine for example is 06/23, and there has been someone on the forum with date 06/29 that had his screen lift...meaning none of June is safe. This just sucks, I have very thin layer of clear tape holding the screen at the top just in case...but I shouldn't have to do that
    Yeah... how do you explain the tape to anyone that looks at your phone?

Not sure I'd just wait around hoping that it doesn't just fall off sometime in the next couple of years.
    09-25-17 10:27 AM
    Yeah... how do you explain the tape to anyone that looks at your phone?

Not sure I'd just wait around hoping that it doesn't just fall off sometime in the next couple of years.
    The tape used is a super thin clear 5mm, so not noticeable at a glance. I had a strip at the top going across the screen holding it in place and one at the bottom going over the capacitive keys, but then the ugliness of it annoyed me too much so I removed the bottom one and kept the top layer only.
    I still check for signs of lifting every day.

And I think if it is meant to happen then it will sooner rather than later, seeing how weak the glue before July builds is.
    09-25-17 10:33 AM
    The tape used is a super thin clear 5mm, so not noticeable at a glance. I had a strip at the top going across the screen holding it in place and one at the bottom going over the capacitive keys, but then the ugliness of it annoyed me too much so I removed the bottom one and kept the top layer only.
    I still check for signs of lifting every day.

And I think if it is meant to happen then it will sooner rather than later, seeing how weak the glue before July builds is.
    Why don't you just remove the tape and if screen pops out make use of the warranty?
    09-25-17 10:37 AM
    Why don't you just remove the tape and if screen pops out make use of the warranty?
    Thinking of self fix as warranty seems to be a hassle judging from others experience. I don't wanna take a chance of cable tearing which is why the tape is there to hold the screen at least temporarily (some experienced gradual screen detachment, while others just straight up screen flying out with no "warning signs" ). I actually go to work with double sided 3M tape in my bag lol.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-17 10:43 AM
    As he replied, a catastrophic pop could tear the cable rendering the device useless. That would make backup very hard or impossible. The issue is you do want to be able to notice lifting so total preemptive taping might mask lift which you don't want to do.
    09-25-17 10:57 AM
    As he replied, a catastrophic pop could tear the cable rendering the device useless. That would make backup very hard or impossible. The issue is you do want to be able to notice lifting so total preemptive taping might mask lift which you don't want to do.
    I wouldn't call it total preemptive as I only have a thin layer of tape holding the top of the screen. I mean when someone does a self fix they KNOW the problem is gone forever, and on the forums there are people who have gotten another first batch device as replacement...which lifted as well.
    Last edited by the_boon; 09-25-17 at 12:30 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-17 11:46 AM