It's been a long wait, but after having the K1 for three days now it was well worth every minute.

This phone is something special. First, it's the most gorgeous aesthetic piece of machinery I've ever seen. BlackBerry really did reimagine the way we communicate as they said in the K1 manual. Holding the device in my hand makes me not want to hold it. It makes me want to put it down, put a frame around it and hang it on the wall.. it's just toooo premium. Feels amazing. Perfect size and weight. This is definitely the most slippery blackberry I've held in awhile, although it's still not nearly as slippery as every other slab out there. The camera is the best I've ever used in a smartphone.

I notice the KeyOnes keyboard backlight has absolutely no light bleed. Which I've yet to see on a BlackBerry. My Passport SE, OG, Classic, Priv, Q10, all have bleed.. even if it's very very slight.

Also the backlight is very evened out. The Q10 in my opinion has the best looking back light on a BlackBerry keyboard, with the Passport coming in second. But the K1 is fairly lit with no complaints here. The keyboard is nice too. It has a distinct feel, being glossy (mushy) but still tactile. My only gripe is I wish they didn't cop out and layered all 4 rows with capacitive touch technology instead of just two rows. Oh yeah and one more gripe, and I hope this is fixed in an update, you can't swipe down to access symbols, and you can't pinch to zoom in/out. These are key features every modern BBKeyboard has and the KEY one should have it plus more.

Regardless, I've had this device for three days... waited 10 months since I saw the first renders of the Mercurius on these forums. It's an incredible device, premium yet industrious. I didn't think it could top the Passport SE's hardware but boy it not only tops it, it's a lot better (and I love the SE, best true Blackberry ever created).

If this is a key (pun) of what we are to expect from TCL moving forward with the BlackBerry brand, then we as BlackBerry enthusiasts should all be very relieved yet excited. The Priv is a great phone, yet it didn't deliver what we were looking for ultimately. And although the launch of the K1 was a complete failure, the phone is everything we've been wishing for. Thanks TCL!

Looking forward to the KeyTwo!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 05:57 AM
    Nice review and enjoy your new K1.
    07-01-17 06:51 AM
    Great to hear you are loving your KEYᵒⁿᵉ! 😃 Makes things that much more special when the wait was worth it.

I'll try post a photo sometime of my Priv and the light bleed out the enter key haha. it's quite massive but builds character lol. Good to hear yours is perfect. Can't wait to hold one for myself, the wait is so hard. 😃
    07-01-17 07:13 AM
    Hope that you are still enjoying your KEYone as much as I still am, having owned mine for two months now and no issues at all. :-)

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-01-17 07:33 AM
    Great to hear you are loving your KEYᵒⁿᵉ! 😃 Makes things that much more special when the wait was worth it.

I'll try post a photo sometime of my Priv and the light bleed out the enter key haha. it's quite massive but builds character lol. Good to hear yours is perfect. Can't wait to hold one for myself, the wait is so hard. 😃
    I was in your position just three days ago and always wondered what the keyone would look like in person and how would it feel in my hand. Let's just say it's better than I originally imagined! It's the most premium feeling device I've held and I've held iphone and Galaxies, they can't compare.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 07:37 AM
    Glad you like it! I didn't realize how much I would appreciate mine until I had it in hand.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 07:54 AM
    Nice review and enjoy your new K1.
    I've been meaning to ask how you are liking your KEYone, if you've gotten it. Haven't been on the forums much lately.
    07-01-17 10:41 AM
    Slippery? Really? I thought the grippy back would help with that.
    07-01-17 10:43 AM
    Hope that you are still enjoying your KEYone as much as I still am, having owned mine for two months now and no issues at all. :-)

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    A bit off topic, but did you apply a signature using the CB Forums App for Android?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 02:32 PM
    A bit off topic, but did you apply a signature using the CB Forums App for Android?

Posted via CB10
    No, I've no idea how the signature is added to my post's. Only just noticed it myself the other day. I'm guessing that it's added automatically. :-)
    07-01-17 03:03 PM