So many people have been suggesting that the look might change on the Mercury before release. I've stumbled across a video where a rep for the phone says "Hardware is final" but software is not!

Everyone happy if this is the final hardware? Personally it's growing on me! Even the silver top piece.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 04:18 AM
    Best video so far but I just can't help myself thinking that the screen on the phone looks so odd and very small.......good find.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 04:50 AM
    Nice thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 05:02 AM
    4 GIGS RAM and Price is all that matters from here on out
    JD_CB likes this.
    01-15-17 05:38 AM
    So many people have been suggesting that the look might change on the Mercury before release. I've stumbled across a video where a rep for the phone says "Hardware is final" but software is not!

Everyone happy if this is the final hardware? Personally it's growing on me! Even the silver top piece.

Posted via CB10
    I like the look. It's so much like my Passport SE. I just hope the specs and software are competitive for a premium device.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 05:49 AM
    Of course the hardware is final. If it wasn't final, they wouldn't have shown it at CES. It doesn't make any sense to show unfinished hardware.
    01-15-17 05:59 AM
    If so, I'll hope they'll release a higher spec device in the near future.
    01-15-17 06:15 AM
    Why "premium device"? I'm a little fed up with people here demanding tons of RAM and top-notch CPUs (so that they'll be able to... play games or open apps 0,35 seconds faster?), not considering that this would create a PRIV-like situation: a phone which costed more than an iPhone or an S7 Edge and nobody bought. The specs are there: Snapdragon 625 and 3 GB of RAM. If you're looking forward to a qwerty as powerful as a gaming full-touch, just hope that TCL will make enough profits and release a 1000$ qwerty phones. Though I'm pretty sure the same people would complain about the price, then. Sorry for the outburst, but I always say that BlackBerry was great not only thanks to the Bold line, but to the Curve one too.
    Last edited by Power Mac; 01-15-17 at 06:54 AM.
    01-15-17 06:28 AM
    Why "premium device"? I'm a little fed up with people here demanding tons of RAM and top-notch CPUs (so that they'll be able to... play games or open apps 0,35 seconds faster?), not considering that this would create a PRIV-like situation: a phone which costed more than an iPhone or an S7 Edge and nobody bought. The specs are there: Snapdragon 625 and 3 GB of RAM. If you're looking forward to a qwerty as powerful as a gaming full-touch, just hope that TCL will make enough profits and release a 1000$ qwerty phones. Though I'm pretty sure the same people would complain about the price, then. Sorry for the outburst, but I always say that BlackBerry was great not only thanks to the Bold line, but to the Curve one too.
    Battery life is my top priority in a device. My Passport gets me through a day reliably, but the Android apps I use are clearly chipping away at the battery life. I am pleased to see 3GB of RAM on the Mercury and will prefer a battery sipping CPU over a higher end CPU. I am not interested in a thin phone. Slap a 5000 mAh battery on a phone and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 07:24 AM
    Battery life is my top priority in a device. My Passport gets me through a day reliably, but the Android apps I use are clearly chipping away at the battery life. I am pleased to see 3GB of RAM on the Mercury and will prefer a battery sipping CPU over a higher end CPU. I am not interested in a thin phone. Slap a 5000 mAh battery on a phone and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    Same here!
    pizzawheel likes this.
    01-15-17 07:35 AM
    Best video so far but I just can't help myself thinking that the screen on the phone looks so odd and very small.......good find.

Posted via CB10
    This is actually the worst video I've seen covering the BlackBerry Mercury. There are way better videos with better quality and better lighting.

Personally, in regards to the hardware being final, I'm just concerned about the PKB. To me, in all the videos I've seen, it looks like there is a solid clear-piece block over each button and the keyboard seems to be at the bottom. (Does that make sense?)

I just want a keyboard like the BlackBerry Classic and I hope the Mercury can live up to it.
    01-15-17 08:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    +1 on the 5000mah battery. I had a phone with that big a battery and you don't realize how much you love it until you have it.
    01-15-17 08:11 AM
    +1 on the 5000mah battery. I had a phone with that big a battery and you don't realize how much you love it until you have it.
    Or some sort of official battery pack, just as Apple recently did, although there wouldn't be enough customers right now: like an enhanced, bulky back-cover. But I suppose the Mercury's back-cover isn't removable.
    Anyway, which phone are you referring to? I'm curious. The only phone sporting a +4000 mAh battery I know of was a Chinese Android one,but reviewers pointed out that it lasted even less than any ordinary cheap phone: I still don't know how they could achieve such a result hahahahaha.
    Last edited by Power Mac; 01-15-17 at 04:14 PM.
    01-15-17 08:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't mind the looks too much, I mainly care about how a phone functions. As long as the looks isn't too flashy or too out-there, little details don't bother me.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-15-17 09:20 AM
    Well, I'm ok with the CPU because it's said it excels in multi-tasking, which is what I would do most on the phone, but I wouldn't mind more RAM. Trust me man, never too much RAM, lol. And memory is dirt cheap now-a-days, so adding another gb of RAM to the device would have been an insignificant change in terms of price. Probably like $10 - $20 per device.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    JD_CB and Jrox74 like this.
    01-15-17 09:24 AM
    Honestly I think the keyboard is too plasticky.
    I want a classic keyboard with the touch functionality.
    But beggars can't be choosers.
    It's the only phone with a keyboard so I'll be buying it.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    davidinLA likes this.
    01-15-17 09:26 AM
    I'm fine with the design. I'm not able to say I will really like or not like the device until I use it as my daily driver for 3-4 weeks. I don't need top specs, I want great battery life (currently using PRIV) and I'll be good to go. Love my PRIV so happy camper if the device doesn't hit Verizon.
    01-15-17 10:04 AM
    beggars can't be choosers.
    It's the only phone with a keyboard so I'll be buying it.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    This is how many feel.

Posted with my  Classic
    01-15-17 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's funny that so many keep talking about the "ugly silver top piece". The Passport SE has exactly the same thing...and it was also plastic.

Gotta love the reviewer at the end of the video. At a certain point someone is finally going to realize that a full touchscreen is also an 'old' thing and that trying to seem more hip by slamming a keyboard is so Steve Jobs 2007. Lol. Get over it already!
    01-15-17 11:05 AM
    This is actually the worst video I've seen covering the BlackBerry Mercury. There are way better videos with better quality and better lighting.

Personally, in regards to the hardware being final, I'm just concerned about the PKB. To me, in all the videos I've seen, it looks like there is a solid clear-piece block over each button and the keyboard seems to be at the bottom. (Does that make sense?)

I just want a keyboard like the BlackBerry Classic and I hope the Mercury can live up to it.
    Thanks mate!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 11:11 AM
    Am I the only one who ranks the quality of camera super high?
    A big battery is a big priority too.
    If this camera isn't better than my Priv, I will pass on this phone....
    Sigewif and ssilva7 like this.
    01-15-17 01:18 PM
    Am I the only one who ranks the quality of camera super high?
    A big battery is a big priority too.
    If this camera isn't better than my Priv, I will pass on this phone....
    Hoping so too. But even the camera on the dtek60 wasnt as good as the Priv one in most situations so I wouldnt count on it. Will probably have similar camera to dtek50 although im hoping for higher. The front facing camera will for certain be better than Priv.
    01-15-17 01:55 PM
    Agree completely. I'm not playing games on it, so having the latest cpu is not important. 3 gigs of ram, a great keyboard,and an all day battery is what I need, and I think positioning this as a productivity device it would hit the mark. The thing absolutely has to come in at a decent, non flagship price though. Otherwise it simply cannot compete with Samsung.
    01-15-17 02:17 PM
    Hopefully no screen lift issue like the passport silver

Had to return mine because couldn't handle the screen raising in top right corner
    01-15-17 04:15 PM
    Well if it has a 3500mAh battery, it should be fine. The Moto Z Play has the SD625 with a 1080p AMOLED screen and it does far better than one day on its 3580mAh battery, so the Mercury should be able to pull that off, too.
    gijsjan likes this.
    01-15-17 04:45 PM
59 123