How to do file transfers with USB hard wire

First time using this forum....pls be nice.....LOL. Have had my Keyone for year and am very pleased with it. Have loads of pictures and few videos would like to transfer to PC. Bluetooth works good for pictures but sucks for videos. I would like to use USB hardwire for transferring videos. Will some one please walk me through the process....slowly step by step?
    08-28-19 03:10 PM
    - Plug your device in with your USB cable
    - Wait for the green window to pop-up
    - Choose 'Charge & Data'
    - When the next window pops up, choose 'Transfer files'.

Your computer should ask you what you want to do each time you plug it in after the device has been recognized and the drivers have been installed, you can choose open folder and view files. Now you'll have access to the device storage and the SD card storage, you can browse through each and copy and paste any files you want to/from.
    08-28-19 03:59 PM
    transferring files is way more complicated than it should be
    08-28-19 04:14 PM
    transferring files is way more complicated than it should be
    It's only complicated when it doesn't work right. There's nothing complicated about plugging in a cable, tapping a button on your screen, and opening a folder on your computer.
    08-28-19 04:32 PM
    I usually prefer to transfer files on the SD card by removing the card from the phone and using a card reader. Android isn't very reliable with files especially picture files.

BTW, I use Scooter Software's Beyond Compare which is super - when doing backups it only copies newer files and saves a lot of time.

Since Android only keeps the date the file was copied to SD card it creates an issue for legal documents where the file date is critical. Never had this issue with BlackBerry OSs.
    08-28-19 08:12 PM
    I usually prefer to transfer files on the SD card by removing the card from the phone and using a card reader. Android isn't very reliable with files especially picture files.
    That works great AS LONG AS the SD card isn't encrypted. If it is, then you MUST use the phone's File Manager to move files around and off the phone. Just a hint so that folks don't end up losing data.
    C_McD likes this.
    08-28-19 08:29 PM