Team, all...

Just a few suggestions... I was thinking outside the box here:
    1. I put the hub icon anchored to the bottom row... since it supports pop-up widget view, you can just "swipe up" to see your hub. Very cool and similar to BlackBerry 10.
    2. I did the same with MS "to do"
    3. Same with Google Calendar.

These widgets run very fast... essentially replacing the functionality of the productivity tab which I turned off because of performance and memory use.

2. Another "hack" if you swipe up over the square, it goes to the window grid... (I have keyboard gestures disabled, your milage my vary). The swipe feels like home for the multitasking gesture in bb10.

3. Another thing I do. Makes multitasking very fast. Go into developer mode and set your window animations to .5 switching in between apps using the square/window grid is a bit quicker.

4. Lastly, for multitasking... I set my convenience key to BlackBerry launcher, then switch/launch apps using the keyboard. For example: I exit the app I'm in using the convenience key, and invoke the next app using the keyboard shortcuts. This is faster than picking the app out of the window grid.

I hope this helps...
    FF22 and gouger05 like this.
    04-20-18 01:50 PM
    interesting. but saddening at the same time that we have to go through loops and loops of ****ty os and still end up far away from the best hahaha
    Uglyindian likes this.
    04-20-18 05:55 PM
    1) Problem with this is that swiping in this way is not very intuitive and requires precision because i assume you have to swipe from the icon. By the time you have positioned your finger over the icon you might as well have just pressed it. Swiping in this way is purely psychological and adds nothing in terms of efficiency. Your method does not replace the functionality of the productivity tab because you can only use your method from the homescreen whereas the productivity tab allows you to 'peek' at your hub wherever you are on the phone.

2) Why would you swipe up over the Square. Pressing it surely has the same effect. Again I feel the swipe is just a psychological thing to give you the feeling you are using a phone with swipe gestures.

3) This is useful. I do the same thing.

4) How is that quicker. Your method is 2 button presses. So is the conventional method of pressing the square button then picking the app you want. The only way your method might work better for some is if you are literally using hundreds of apps but overall i see it as a disadvantage because the convenience key has better uses.

I use Nova swipes and have swipe up for Browser, Swipe down for hub and two finger swipe down to go straight into composing an email. The beauty of this type of swiping is it doesnt require precision and feels very intuitive. It also frees up homescreen space because you no longer need the hub or browser icons.

I also use the productivity tab with hub view as the default which is very BB10 like. I dont notice any performance issues when using it
    joseanmx and skinnymike1 like this.
    04-21-18 03:26 AM
    how do I do number 3 please?
    04-21-18 04:17 AM
    how do I do number 3 please?
    In settings, go to developer mode, you have to push the button a few times, kind of strange, you'll see the options attached, change them to .5 A few hacks to make you feel @ home on KeyOne-31028.jpg
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-21-18 05:00 AM