Hello,

I just figured out that the fingerprint sensor recognizes everything.

I had 4 fingers configured and today I tried some other fingers (of myself) and nearly every finger unlocked my KEYone. You have to try it several times. After some tries the phone got unlocked.

Even more worse: I tried parts of my hand, where is no fingerprint and even that worked. So:

The finger print sensor is worthless in terms of security.

I am curious if someone else could reproduce that.

My best regards,

Matthias
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-17-17 01:28 PM
    Hello,

I had 4 fingers configured and today I tried some other fingers (of myself) and nearly every finger unlocked my KEYone. You have to try it several times. After some tries the phone got unlocked.

Even more worse: I tried parts of my hand, where is no fingerprint and even that worked. So:

My best regards,

Matthias
    Just tested mine and no it does not recognise any other fingers or my hand
    05-17-17 01:38 PM
    Hello,

My best regards,

Matthias
    I'm walking next door and looking for spare fingers....
    05-17-17 01:41 PM
    Hello,

My best regards,

Matthias
    Delete your current prints and start over.
    05-17-17 01:41 PM
    Delete your current prints and start over.
    But what if he needs all his fingers???
    MikeX74, NaijaBerry and jaydee5799 like this.
    05-17-17 01:43 PM
    But what if he needs all his fingers???
    He'll be fine, medical science is amazing in 2017.
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-17-17 01:45 PM
    i see what hes saying.... i got it to do the same thing but its while the phone is unlocked and just at the lock screen, if you do it so many times it says too may attempts but opens up anyways. if its actually locked, it doesnt do this. so its kind of a bug
    05-17-17 01:46 PM
    He'll be fine, medical science is amazing in 2017.
    I'd be more impressed with a Six Million Dollar man pic attached...
    05-17-17 01:48 PM
    What I have: I am at my trusted place (hone). So you mean: my phone is not locked, it is only in state off? I will try that in other situations and I will report the test results.
    Last edited by MatthiasHannover; 05-17-17 at 02:08 PM.
    05-17-17 01:55 PM
    Well, I guess they only said fingerprint sensor. They didn't say WHOSE fingerprint.

So, validating that "yes, it's a fingerprint" as opposed to, say, a cat walking over it is technically doing its job...
    mbirth and FF22 like this.
    05-17-17 01:57 PM
    I'm walking next door and looking for spare fingers....
    Hey buddy can you spare a finger?
    05-17-17 01:59 PM
    Isn't this the problem with finger print scanners in general? You can DIY CSI finger prints from tape and chalk dust. If security is a concern, switch to a password.
    05-17-17 02:07 PM
    Yeah, it might be a problem with fingerprint sensors in general. But they promoted this sensor as a breakthrough. and: It is not! You pay for a fingerprint sensor and it lets everyone enter into to phone? Why do you pay for that?
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-17-17 02:10 PM
    What I have: I am at my trusted place (hone). So you mean: my phone is not locked, it is only in state off? I will try that in other situations and I will report the test results.
    if you hit the lock symbol on the lock screen, it will lock the device requiring a password or fingerprint.
    05-17-17 02:11 PM
    Other brands have similar issue. Finger print readers are not fool proof.
    05-17-17 02:15 PM
    there might be some confusion here, its not that the finger print reader isnt working, its that when the phone is unlocked and not requiring a password or fingerprint to get in, if you use your fingerprint to unlock, it open up instantly. whats going on is if you are using a wrong finger or not recognized finger, it says Not Recognized and on the 5th try, instead of saying too many failed attempts, it just opens up. if you do this when it requires a fingerprint, it works as designed and does not allow the user in.
    EndRacism and app_Developer like this.
    05-17-17 02:19 PM
    OP start the fingerprint registration process all over again. What might have happened is that one of your fingers didn't get registered with enough distinguishing data points. Wonder if the smaller sensor on the KeyOne may contribute to this problem as it has a smaller area from which to extract data points.
    05-17-17 02:25 PM
    there might be some confusion here, its not that the finger print reader isnt working, its that when the phone is unlocked and not requiring a password or fingerprint to get in, if you use your fingerprint to unlock, it open up instantly. whats going on is if you are using a wrong finger or not recognized finger, it says Not Recognized and on the 5th try, instead of saying too many failed attempts, it just opens up. if you do this when it requires a fingerprint, it works as designed and does not allow the user in.
    And, would you say this is OK?
    Why using a finger print sensor in that use case?
    I find it annoying.
    05-17-17 02:27 PM
    And, would you say this is OK?
    Why using a finger print sensor in that use case?
    I find it annoying.
    im not saying its ok, its just a bug. its not affecting the security of the device.
    05-17-17 02:29 PM
    if you set up your home as a trusted place you wouldn't be locked in the first place. You're saying that don't require authentication when at home. Remove home as trusted and then see if you can replicate your issue.
    05-17-17 02:32 PM
    Please read the Smart Lock description more carefully. If you're at a trusted location with Smart Lock engaged, then no, your phone is not locked and will respond to any finger pressing the button.
    Adam Frix and DueNorthBB like this.
    05-17-17 02:34 PM
    This. 100% this.
    05-17-17 02:39 PM
    Please read the Smart Lock description more carefully. If you're at a trusted location with Smart Lock engaged, then no, your phone is not locked and will respond to any finger pressing the button.
    I think that is not the truth. Why does it check my finger print five or more times and opens the phone after these checks? It must be a software issue.
    05-17-17 02:40 PM
    This could be what he is facing but what if this happens if there is no trust place setup?
    In most cases, problems like the one OP mentioned are 90% due to faulty use from the user side or misunderstanding what something does (not that this is the case).
    This needs to properly tested and verified that there is indeed a problem, there will always be corner cases like setting up 4 fingers or 10. I seriously doubt that BB made this kind of error especially since it's the issue is security related.
    There are a few good suggestion posted in this thread that need to be tried out by OP.
    05-17-17 02:42 PM
    Hey buddy can you spare a finger?
    Careful... He might give you the finger.
    05-17-17 02:42 PM
78 123 ...