Hello all,

How does everyone's phone perform with the FB app?

I have tired various wrappers and am currently viewing FB on Chrome which is ok.

I did see sluggish behavior with the app installed but viewing the home screen thread it's apparent that FB is installed on many phones.... Maybe the phone runs better on the September software.

So how does it run?
    09-24-17 02:53 AM
    AFAIK (don't use FB), the FB app and the FB Messenger app are both resource hogs and will slow down your phone. You're better off by using FB Lite or - as you already do - Facebook via browser. You could also use Hermit to get a real icon and open the browser in full screen. Also Hermit allows you to easily replace more apps by their web page equivalents, freeing up resources on the phone.
    dollface and duncan86 like this.
    09-24-17 08:46 AM
    I use another lite version called Lite Messenger for Facebook by Magic Cooker. Paid less than 1 US$ to remove ads. I highly recommend it. I, unfortunately, have to check FB often 'cos of my pages that have business inquiries. It is even lighter than the official "FB Lite"
    09-24-17 09:08 AM
    I've tired plenty of these apps but they feel lack lustre in comparison. I wish the FB devs were more economical with their code.

Mind you when I had a OP3 with 6 gigs of ram it was never an issue.

I'll try the lite messenger.
    09-24-17 09:20 AM
    I've been using Facebook in my mobile browsers for the better part of two years. Unless you rely heavily on Messenger (I certainly do not), then there's little reason to need a resource hog like the app. Just my $0.02.
    duncan86 likes this.
    09-24-17 09:51 AM
    I realize you said you have tried many wrappers and don't care for them, but I use Metal. It doesn't require near as many permissions, isn't a data hog, has themes and allows access to Facebook, Messenger and Twitter--all in one app. There is a free and a paid version.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-24-17 12:19 PM
    Facebook worked fine using browser until recently, now when you click menus (as shown in the picture) it just shows a white page. So, you can't click groups and other sections in the menu. I thought upgrading to 10.3.3 would solve the issue but it turned out I was wrong.
    Z10STL100-2/10.3.3.2163

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 02:38 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 02:38 PM
    My fb is totally not working
    09-29-17 03:57 AM
    FB lite is not available in Canada.. why?!
    09-29-17 06:42 AM
    FB lite is not available in Canada.. why?!
    It's meant for regions with poor internet.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebo...-apk-download/

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebo...-apk-download/
    Carlito27 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    09-29-17 08:13 AM
    The more I use this phone I really believe it's lacking horsepower to run the common apps. Battery life and keyboard are the only thing keeping me from swapping.
    09-29-17 01:37 PM
    The more I use this phone I really believe it's lacking horsepower to run the common apps. Battery life and keyboard are the only thing keeping me from swapping.
    I'm not sure what it is you do, but I haven't found any performance issues. I'm not a gamer mind you.
    09-29-17 01:41 PM
    I'm not sure what it is you do, but I haven't found any performance issues. I'm not a gamer mind you.
    Swapping between email and Facebook. Basic functions like that. It lags.
    09-29-17 01:50 PM
    That's not really horsepower though. That's a memory issue. Refreshing takes time, and if you have a few apps open (or a couple of big ones), it will do that.

The black edition may suit your needs better.
    09-29-17 01:55 PM
    That's not really horsepower though. That's a memory issue. Refreshing takes time, and if you have a few apps open (or a couple of big ones), it will do that.

The black edition may suit your needs better.
    Funny how Moto have managed it with the SD625 and 3gb.......
    09-29-17 02:00 PM

Funny how Moto have managed it with the SD625 and 3gb.......
    It's not different. I would suspect if you also ran BlackBerry services and Integrity Detection (which you can't) on the Moto, it would behave similarly. It's not rocket science - Android is Android, and memory is memory.
    09-29-17 02:02 PM