Hello,

I have discovered a hidden folder on my Keyone on the internal storage.

.facebook_cache

At present it contains 4 files ending in a .0 file extension. If I rename them to .jpg, I can open them.

They are 1:1 aspect ratio screen grabs of areas of a city I was recently in.

There is a 5th file simply called journal.

I've compared the map images to google maps and Here maps (two map apps I have installed). Neither match the style of the map/street overlays or names shown in these images.

I have no facebook related accounts and the only facebook owned application I have installed is Whatsapp.

I delete the folder, and then it eventually reappears, with more screen grabs of cities I've recently visited, although none are of areas I've specifically been to.

Does anyone have any idea where this folder is coming from, and where these images are coming from?

I did a search online and others have also found this folder, but they have attributed it to their facebook activity - something i don't have.

Thanks
    03-03-18 07:51 PM
    Maybe kinda like Google Maps verses My Maps or My Places, Google My Maps/Places tracks your location for map editing.
    03-03-18 08:10 PM
    To followup.

This folder is the result of Whatsapp location sharing. If a contact sends you their location, this folder is created.
    07-05-19 06:26 PM
    To followup.

This folder is the result of Whatsapp location sharing. If a contact sends you their location, this folder is created.
    Very good to know. Appreciate this insight. In that vein, currently having a lot of whatsapp connection quality issues across the Atlantic. Using Duo for very good voice and fair video.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-19 06:02 PM