Maybe it is because I am getting older, but this is the first time I have had what I think is eye strain. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the kind of display and if there is anything I can do.
    12-31-18 07:39 AM
    Increase the font size?
    12-31-18 07:51 AM
    Maybe spend less time using the phone if possible and or Turn the brightness down. something similar happened with me a number of years ago and it turned out I needed glasses and have not experienced it again
    12-31-18 08:07 AM
    Maybe spend less time using the phone if possible and or Turn the brightness down. something similar happened with me a number of years ago and it turned out I needed glasses and have not experienced it again
    I already have glassed/contacts. I do wonder if I am just spending more time on it.

I did find some screen protectors that supposedly help with eye strain.
    12-31-18 08:45 AM
    I already have glassed/contacts. I do wonder if I am just spending more time on it.

I did find some screen protectors that supposedly help with eye strain.
    Try putting it in night mode, this might help somewhat.
    12-31-18 06:13 PM
    Try putting it in night mode, this might help somewhat.
    I've actually preferred Twilight app (nothing with that movie LOL). It's a lot more customisable.
    12-31-18 07:28 PM
    How much time are you spending looking at the screen to get eye strain.
    12-31-18 10:52 PM
    mine is in nightmode 24/7. just get used to it, its better for your eyes
    01-01-19 11:10 AM
    I tried a pair of glasses that removes blue light from screens. They helped with strain from phone and computer.
    01-01-19 01:53 PM
    I tried a pair of glasses that removes blue light from screens. They helped with strain from phone and computer.
    I was thinking of trying a screen protector that does that.

Even after just a few minutes, I notice it when I look away. I am not on my phone nonstop but have been using it more over break. I also sit in front of a computer all day at work.
    01-01-19 02:45 PM
    something in settings let's you schedule application of a blue light reduction scheme alleged to diminish eye strain...

use computer readers that reduce flair and filter blue wavelengths to some extent...

schedule rest periods so stare at the screen is not continuous... eyes closed or viewing distant location to relax the orbital musculature...

get another phone (I never developed eye strain with my Priv)...
    01-01-19 03:39 PM
    something in settings let's you schedule application of a blue light reduction scheme alleged to diminish eye strain...

use computer readers that reduce flair and filter blue wavelengths to some extent...

schedule rest periods so stare at the screen is not continuous... eyes closed or viewing distant location to relax the orbital musculature...

Settings in Nougat?
    01-01-19 04:14 PM

So the night mode is hidden in Nougat. The recommended app for getting to it is not compatible with the K1.
    01-01-19 04:21 PM
    oreo has night mode which works
    01-01-19 04:37 PM
    also use chrome simplified view to enhance view of text enlarged and dark background
    01-01-19 05:35 PM
    oreo has night mode which works
    ThisEye strain-546715874.jpeg
    01-01-19 05:37 PM
    ThisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	546715874.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	442199
    I am not getting Oreo.
    01-02-19 05:21 AM
    I am not getting Oreo.
    Why not?
    01-02-19 07:45 AM
    Why not?
    The Verizon certified CDMA K1s are not getting it. Likely due to lack of further CDMA support.
    01-02-19 08:01 AM
    You may not like it, but I think you may not get any security updates either... I wonder if someone more connected here might comment on this assertion or correct it...
    01-02-19 09:43 PM
    As for the readability, twilight does do the same thing and you might try it...
    01-02-19 09:45 PM
    As for the readability, twilight does do the same thing and you might try it...
    Downloaded it yesterday and giving it a try.
    01-03-19 07:37 AM
    Possibly, you need glass prescription for reading done.

And there is a blue light you can download for computer https://justgetflux.com/

And one for phone but I can’t recall it’s name. I did use one but I didn't like it. bad app. Need to find another one. I think it's more blue light than just Night mode.

I found after a week or so with e-flux on computer, it really helped. Need one for phone.
    01-03-19 08:22 AM
    for those people using either progressive lenses or just need a little bit of help for computer and mid-range items, instead of getting a new pair of lenses, try asking your doctor for a clip on reading lens for your existing glasses. It's saved my work life.
    01-03-19 11:22 AM
    Possibly, you need glass prescription for reading done.

And there is a blue light you can download for computer https://justgetflux.com/

And one for phone but I can’t recall it’s name. I did use one but I didn't like it. bad app. Need to find another one. I think it's more blue light than just Night mode.

I found after a week or so with e-flux on computer, it really helped. Need one for phone.
    I think Twilight may work for you. I think it adjusts the screen for thew same thing.
    towngirl likes this.
    01-03-19 12:29 PM
26 12