I can't believe blackberry are releasing a limited edition black keyone with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage! If I'd known that this was going to happen I wouldn't have got my silver 3GB keyone on contract! I really want the all black keyone mainly because of the upgraded specs, but now I'm stuck with a silver 3GB keyone because I didn't know the black 4GB keyone was coming! Do you think I'll be able to sell the keyone I'm using now even though it's on contract? - then buy the black keyone? I need your advice and guidance on this. Thanks!
    08-06-17 06:55 AM
    Yes, if you are going to India.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-17 06:59 AM
    I can't believe blackberry are releasing a limited edition black keyone with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage! If I'd known that this was going to happen I wouldn't have got my silver 3GB keyone on contract! I really want the all black keyone mainly because of the upgraded specs, but now I'm stuck with a silver 3GB keyone because I didn't know the black 4GB keyone was coming! Do you think I'll be able to sell the keyone I'm using now even though it's on contract? - then buy the black keyone? I need your advice and guidance on this. Thanks!
    Where are you expecting to buy the higher specs? You've read the phone is being released by a different licensee in a single country that KEYone wasn't released by TCL.
    ck2nb likes this.
    08-06-17 06:59 AM
    so it won't be available in Europe? uk?
    08-06-17 07:01 AM
    so it won't be available in Europe? uk?
    Only if TCL makes a KEYtwo or upgrades the KEYone. TCL actually manufactured this device for the other licensee under limited contract run. It's sold under the other company's license in their one country. In the future, that licensee will continue to manufacture their version of the KEYone.

Just like the BlackBerry Aurora, you might be able to buy device and import to your country but that's different.
    08-06-17 07:06 AM
    so that means it won't be available in UK? if it won't be then that'll make me a bit happier knowing I can't get it anyway
    08-06-17 07:23 AM
    so that means it won't be available in UK? if it won't be then that'll make me a bit happier knowing I can't get it anyway
    No one has a crystal ball, but as of this moment, it's only available in India.

BTW, the 64GB of storage is necessary for the dual-SIM implementation, as the second SIM takes the spot of the SD card.

Beyond that, the only real upgrade is the extra 1GB of ram, which you would never even notice unless you regularly keep more than 5 or 6 apps open at the same time.
    08-06-17 07:58 AM
    I wouldn't consider anyone who has a KEYone to be "stuck" with it. It's a great device. Those who buy devices early, we get the advantage of having it early but face the risk of a different version coming out.

However, as others here have said may not be able to import one anyone and the extra gb are necessary with no SD slot.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    08-06-17 08:05 AM
    I have used the same Samsung SD card for years. it's 32GB so 64GB would be more than enough for me without a SD card
    08-06-17 08:34 AM
    I'm perfectly happy with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ that I got here in the states from Best Buy. I saw a post by Kevin and he was rocking the silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ with the all black Incipio DualPro and I thought it was the all black KEYᵒⁿᵉ. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ sings, never lags so I have no need for upgraded specs. Expandable memory makes up for any storage issues, in my opinion the all black KEYᵒⁿᵉ is no big deal.
    ck2nb likes this.
    08-06-17 09:06 AM
    Black keyone will be available on ebay.
    08-06-17 09:27 AM
    I agree with the OP about the ram all keyones should have more ram IMO.
    Barbareren likes this.
    08-06-17 09:34 AM
    I agree with the OP about the ram all keyones should have more ram IMO.
    Wasted on me. I never have more than 6 apps open at the same time where I want to keep the app state alive.
    08-06-17 09:39 AM
    Black keyone will be available on ebay.
    I hope that it won't be too long of a wait, for those who want to buy one. But it gives them a little time to save up some money....
    08-06-17 10:45 AM
    I am in disbelief that the black keyone is limited to India!
    08-06-17 11:31 AM
    I watched a review where it said that the additonal RAM made no real difference to the performance... so apart from a different look I am not that bothered about the additional memory.

I wonder if it affects performance of the battery, TCL built everything around battery life... personally love the K1, no lag nothing... awesome phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-17 11:33 AM
    I reserve the right to be cheesed off if they later offer a red KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    08-06-17 12:58 PM
    Meh...even if a KEYone was released with better specs and I wanted it , I just resell my current KEYone and flip the difference.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-06-17 01:04 PM
    Meh...even if a KEYone was released with better specs and I wanted it , I just resell my current KEYone and flip the difference.
    Exactly.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-06-17 01:42 PM
    I'm more cheesed off that I can't get an unlocked original Keyone in Canada yet but they're releasing new, limited edition devices elsewhere in the world.
    08-06-17 01:50 PM
    May I give you a friendly word of advice. This kind of thinking is what keeps Apple in the green. Do you like your phone? Does it not do what you want? Every year a new car or toy comes out, with the next great shiny tin foil. Who cares is it a nice phone...sure but I would rather have the 549 in my pocket then theirs.......just saying.
    08-06-17 02:37 PM
    I don't think the 4gb of ram is going to be a major factor in performance when running that same 625. If you are looking for a performance device neither keyone is the phone for you. The dtek60 has a better spec sheet and will do better with more intensive applications. The battery will be better for those that have the 3gb version of the keyone and it will cost you an arm and a leg to import that region specific device. It's better to be happy with what you have. If you end up importing one, you will end up paying more and it will be a nightmare to deal with warranty as you will not be able to contact BlackBerry mobile about it. You will have to see how the Indian counterpart deals with warranty internationally

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    08-06-17 03:08 PM
    I don't think the 4gb of ram is going to be a major factor in performance when running that same 625. If you are looking for a performance device neither keyone is the phone for you. The dtek60 has a better spec sheet and will do better with more intensive applications. The battery will be better for those that have the 3gb version of the keyone and it will cost you an arm and a leg to import that region specific device. It's better to be happy with what you have. If you end up importing one, you will end up paying more and it will be a nightmare to deal with warranty as you will not be able to contact BlackBerry mobile about it. You will have to see how the Indian counterpart deals with warranty internationally

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    I have both the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the DTEK60. The performance difference is negligible.
    08-06-17 03:23 PM
    I have both the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the DTEK60. The performance difference is negligible.
    Either way I would rather have cash!

The dog needs to be fed!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwoof!
    Attached Thumbnails extremely cheesed off-apple-photos-41514-121.jpg  
    08-06-17 04:15 PM
    Wasted on me. I never have more than 6 apps open at the same time where I want to keep the app state alive.
    Until you open up Chrome to Google something while writing, say, a long Facebook comment, only to go back to your open apps screen and find that Facebook has been closed by the system. Sadly enough, 3GB is not a sufficient amount of RAM in todays Androids. I have 5 apps open right now and 2,3GB out of 2,8GB RAM is already in use.
    08-06-17 04:24 PM
36 12