Will extra RAM in the black edition really make that much of a difference? Or is it mainly for gamers and heavy media users?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 08:56 PM
    Early reviews say no but I'd have to see it myself.
    08-31-17 08:58 PM
    Not really, no.

Besides, gamers would hit a wall with the Snapdragon 625 before getting into RAM.
    08-31-17 09:45 PM
    Not really, no.

Besides, gamers would hit a wall with the Snapdragon 625 before getting into RAM.
    Not to mention the 3:2 screen aspect ratio!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-31-17 10:06 PM
    well if none of you guys want the 4gb version if you have the chance to land it send it my way
    08-31-17 11:29 PM
    I would say, it'll make a difference, despite of what reviewers say.

If I didn't have the SE then I would have got the black version.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-01-17 04:01 AM
    I find that key one has too little memory in all ways.. especially slowing phone down because of history...... also camera terribly slow miss 8 out of ten Random photos!!!!!!
    09-01-17 04:41 AM
    It will make a difference.
    joewoo and mrisad like this.
    09-01-17 06:00 AM
    I have both the European silver and Indian black edition. I feel the black one is about 20% snappier.
    09-01-17 06:49 AM
    lol how do you define 20% snappier.

have you actually been checking the launch times of apps and menus.
    joewoo likes this.
    09-01-17 10:08 AM
    while multi tasking, it makes better difference and opening + closing the apps. it is fluid.
    09-01-17 11:38 AM
    I have both the European silver and Indian black edition. I feel the black one is about 20% snappier.
    Now you are teasing me ! That is not nice I just got silver edition two weeks ago...
    09-01-17 11:46 AM
    Will extra RAM in the black edition really make that much of a difference? Or is it mainly for gamers and heavy media users?

Posted via CB10
    If I had choice now I would buy black one. More ram is always good and so is on-board storage. It is well worth it for extra few dollars. You are already spending hundreds anyways you might invest few more.

It will be interesting to see real time comparison for both phones.
    09-01-17 11:50 AM
    it could be the OS since they shouldnt have the same build.
    09-01-17 12:12 PM
    it could be the OS since they shouldnt have the same build.
    The Indian KEYone and the rest of world KEYone are both on AAN358 at the moment.
    09-01-17 01:28 PM
    The Indian KEYone and the rest of world KEYone are both on AAN358 at the moment.
    really? i have the same bbb100-2 european model and im only running aam481
    09-01-17 01:31 PM
    really? i have the same bbb100-2 european model and im only running aam481
    Is the extra RAM in the black edition worth it?-tclscan0901.png
    09-01-17 01:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tclscan0901.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	429369
    well go figure, im prd-63117-003.... bb hates me
    09-01-17 01:48 PM
    Early reviews say no but I'd have to see it myself.
    If you take them both out of the box and use them, then no, it won't be noticeable. 6 months down the road and 50 apps later, I think it will help as the phone becomes bogged down by normal use.
    09-01-17 02:48 PM
    If you take them both out of the box and use them, then no, it won't be noticeable. 6 months down the road and 50 apps later, I think it will help as the phone becomes bogged down by normal use.
    Yes, I think this is the more logical outcome... at first every device is snappy, everything runs as intended... it is after months of use, and this seems to be very true with Android, when you will notice lag here are there... the extra RAM will give a smoother experience for longer, it has to be that way (plus having more on board memory can't hurt), and eventually that extra RAM will also be too short... if you can choose, no question in my mind that I will pick the better specs, if you want to keep the phone for at least a year... if you plan to change your device in 6 months I guess then it doesn't matter...
    09-01-17 03:37 PM
    I dont think so. Even if you had enough to do, I read of a development with SD cards recently as they are becoming capable or realtime 4k and a defragmentation workaround so there might be apps soon to add what you need from SD.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-17 04:12 PM
    It will make a difference.
    I agree, it really should make a difference. After months of using the K1 daily the low amount of RAM (or how it is managed by Android Nougat) has become more and more of an issue for me. Let's say I have a few apps open (usually just 3-5) and I'm working on a long Facebook post. I open Chrome to fact check something, and when I then go back to Facebook the app will often have been closed by the system and when I reopen it my post is gone forever. This is _not_ how true multitasking is supposed to work. I'm really starting to loathe how badly Android Nougat (or could the BlackBerry launcher be at fault?) handles multitasking. It will also just randomly remove apps from your open apps screen. Having more RAM can only be a good thing. I might purchase the black version for this reason alone - oh, and to be certain I have a properly glued screen!
    09-01-17 04:34 PM
    I agree, it really should make a difference. After months of using the K1 daily the low amount of RAM (or how it is managed by Android Nougat) has become more and more of an issue for me. Let's say I have a few apps open (usually just 3-5) and I'm working on a long Facebook post. I open Chrome to fact check something, and when I then go back to Facebook the app will often have been closed by the system and when I reopen it my post is gone forever. This is _not_ how true multitasking is supposed to work. I'm really starting to loathe how badly Android Nougat handles multitasking. It will also just randomly remove apps from your open apps screen. Having more RAM can only be a good thing. I might purchase the black version for this reason alone - oh, and to be certain I have a properly glued screen!
    Of course its going to make a difference, its just common sense. People stating "Well CrackBerry and Mr. Mobile said it didn't improve performance...." are kidding themselves. Does anyone really think that CrackBerry would say that the increased RAM caused performance improvements? They aren't stupid. They've been promoting the original KEYone nonstop and to come out and say "Yeah guys, this new one outperforms the early version you got, tough luck" would cause a riot. And Mr. Mobile is employed, or partnered with, Mobile Nations, so he's not going to say that either.

More RAM will make the phone perform better. Yes it stings if you already bought the original but that's the way it is.
    joewoo likes this.
    09-01-17 04:41 PM
    More RAM will make the phone perform better. Yes it stings if you already bought the original but that's the way it is.
    The phone performs well enough on 3GB. It is the multitasking that's the problem. 3GB really *should* be enough, in theory, for this phone. I think it has more to do with how badly Android Nougat (or maybe the BlackBerry launcher is also at fault) manages the RAM.
    deiop likes this.
    09-01-17 04:50 PM
    The phone performs well enough on 3GB. It is the multitasking that's the problem. 3GB really *should* be enough, in theory, for this phone. I think it has more to do with how badly Android Nougat (or maybe the BlackBerry launcher is also at fault) manages the RAM.
    But there are reviews on YouTube that said the Black 4gb did perform better, smoother, snappier, and had less hang ups than the OG K1. Also obviously keeping apps active during multitasking is better.
    09-01-17 08:27 PM
101 123 ...