Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 02:36 AM
    Maybe they will add a couple of letters to the KEYone to show which ones have the extra glue, for example the KEYone eg, or KEYone SG. SG for super glue. ;-)
    Loool

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-12-17 02:37 AM
    Now everyone screams for extra glue. Guys are you crazy? Every reviewer was complaining about the tons of glue that were used to hold the HTC 10 or Galaxa S6 together.

I'll keep my "defective" KEYone and will have a lot of fun replacing the screen in a year or two.
    06-12-17 02:45 AM
    We don't know if extra adhesive is even needed. See CBK drop tests that have KEYᵒⁿᵉ outlive S8 and iPhone 7.

BlackBerry Mobile will have to properly assess the actual number of returns to determine if further action is required.

In the meantime, they have confirmed they will fully support its customers.
    Link please

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 03:25 AM
    I wonder when the parts (replacement screen) are going to be available? I had a a spill with mine which has resulted in a small chip. Hardly visible but I know its there.
    06-12-17 05:08 AM

I'll keep my "defective" KEYone and will have a lot of fun replacing the screen in a year or two.
    If it doesn't fell before
    06-12-17 05:26 AM
    I really only have one question, well maybe two.

What will be the exact date of production of KeyONE's with the extra glue on the screen?

How can we tell if a particular device is made after that date thus including the extra glue.

I guess I'll wait till fall to buy a KeyONE. Who needs the worry or extra work of having to go through warranty exchange of the original model.

Roveer
    Ok I think the responses have not been fair to your question. First the screen coming off is an issue. Two having seen a real repair I think that there might be a production issue with some phones. Three quoting or speaking about a drop test is like saying well my car never slid on ice, well goooood for you. Four just shows why being first with a new product is never a good idea. Five wait a few months for another production run, if there is another one, and if you want the phone just keep an eye out for lift and be ready to take it back ASAP.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 07:57 AM
    How long after they add “extra glue” do you suppose it'll be before there's a thread with people complaining that they dropped their Keyone or rammed it into their skinny jeans at the nightclub, cracked the screen, and now can't get it off to replace it! Once again it'll be BB's fault!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 08:11 AM
    Wow!!!

I'm really not interested in any of the tin hat stuff that is being discussed in my thread. You see, I build houses for a living and have to deal with physical / mechanical interactions all day long. The screens fall out when they are stressed. The logical fix is to devise a mechanical fastening solution which most likely involves glue (I'm super simplifying for discussion). Whatever form that takes will be determined by TCL. I'm not parsing their words from their announcement, I've determined that something has to be done to strengthen the screens connection to the chassis.

I really just want to know from what point forward the phones will have this additional straightening and how can I tell when I do actually buy a KeyONE that is has this. It's just that simple. Everything else being discussed here is of no use to me. Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes it's just a home builder trying to make sure he gets a phone that isn't going to come apart on a job site. It's as simple as that but feel free to continue babbling about taking down a company, I just want a phone that won't fall apart.

Roveer
    anon(9742832) and Alain_A like this.
    06-12-17 08:14 AM
    Wow!!!

I'm really not interested in any of the tin hat stuff that is being discussed in my thread. You see, I build houses for a living and have to deal with physical / mechanical interactions all day long. The screens fall out when they are stressed. The logical fix is to devise a mechanical fastening solution which most likely involves glue (I'm super simplifying for discussion). Whatever form that takes will be determined by TCL. I'm not parsing their words from their announcement, I've determined that something has to be done to strengthen the screens connection to the chassis.

I really just want to know from what point forward the phones will have this additional straightening and how can I tell when I do actually buy a KeyONE that is has this. It's just that simple. Everything else being discussed here is of no use to me. Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes it's just a home builder trying to make sure he gets a phone that isn't going to come apart on a job site. It's as simple as that but feel free to continue babbling about taking down a company, I just want a phone that won't fall apart.

Roveer
    ok....no one can give you a date because BB Mobile themselves never confirmed they were going to add glue even.
    06-12-17 08:28 AM
    I guess we won't have an answer until either TCL or CBK has one, if at all.
    06-12-17 08:28 AM
    I'm starting to miss the days when lack of availability was the biggest discussion in here. Its developing into farce now with the constant bend/torque/pop/drop/adhesion threads.
    kbz1960 and eldeadache like this.
    06-12-17 08:35 AM
    ok....no one can give you a date because BB Mobile themselves never confirmed they were going to add glue even.
    This goes without saying. I had no expectation that anyone was walking around with this information. It's a point of discussion and a place to possibly bring information once it's available. Oh, and a place for folks to hang their tin hats for a while as well.
    06-12-17 09:18 AM
    I'm starting to miss the days when lack of availability was the biggest discussion in here. Its developing into farce now with the constant bend/torque/pop/drop/adhesion threads.
    Both significant issues. Haven't seen any movement in stock in over 5 days. Now BB shows 2+ week availability and Amazon is basically saying 1-2 months. So much for those saying daily restocking. And for what it's worth the screen thing is an issue no matter how much some try to spin it. I'd just rather avoid it by waiting for phones assembled after new manufacturing techniques have been developed. So, pick your poison.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 09:21 AM
    Both significant issues. Haven't seen any movement in stock in over 5 days. Now BB shows 2+ week availability and Amazon is basically saying 1-2 months. So much for those saying daily restocking.
    Maybe they are pausing production to address the glue issue?

 C L A S S I C
    06-12-17 09:30 AM
    Just chill. When you are an early adopter stuff like this is expected and that's not only true for KEYone but it was also true for Priv, for every single new vehicle model that comes on the market, for new laptops, new GPUS etc. All of them have two things in common: teething problems and premium price.

And just like with the Priv if you can wait for few months, like three to six, you will get a perfect hardware for discounted price. Just like buying a second or third model year of a car instead of the first one. Facelift refresh cycle is even better bet
    06-12-17 09:33 AM
    Just look for the bright sticker on the box that says "Now with 50% more glue!"
    06-12-17 11:33 PM
    I think they will push GOTA update soon (glue over the air)
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-12-17 11:36 PM
    LMAO

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 11:43 PM
    Lol y'all silly - jus let it be - it won't break on you. just hold it nice and tight
    06-13-17 12:21 AM
    Just look for the bright sticker on the box that says "Now with 50% more glue!"
    What's 50% of 0?
    06-13-17 12:34 AM
    How long after they add “extra glue” do you suppose it'll be before there's a thread with people complaining that they dropped their Keyone or rammed it into their skinny jeans at the nightclub, cracked the screen, and now can't get it off to replace it! Once again it'll be BB's fault!
    99.9% of the buyers will never do a self screen repair...

For the pro repair shops it doesn't really matter, so what exactly is the point?
    06-13-17 04:37 AM
    ROTF...autoloaders? Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    06-13-17 04:57 AM
    For the OP: One of two things are likely to happen _if_ TCL actually starts applying more glue, a) they will announce it, or b) someone will do a tear-down and notice the appropriate amount of glue, and post it all over the internet for nerd-points.

Dates, and location of manufacture can be determined from Serial Numbers. There are site and apps that will take a serial number and spit out date and country of manufacture.
    06-13-17 12:41 PM
49 12