I really only have one question, well maybe two.

What will be the exact date of production of KeyONE's with the extra glue on the screen?

How can we tell if a particular device is made after that date thus including the extra glue.

I guess I'll wait till fall to buy a KeyONE. Who needs the worry or extra work of having to go through warranty exchange of the original model.

Roveer
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-11-17 02:27 PM
    We don't know if extra adhesive is even needed. See CBK drop tests that have KEYᵒⁿᵉ outlive S8 and iPhone 7.

BlackBerry Mobile will have to properly assess the actual number of returns to determine if further action is required.

In the meantime, they have confirmed they will fully support its customers.
    06-11-17 02:37 PM
    I really only have one question, well maybe two.

What will be the exact date of production of KeyONE's with the extra glue on the screen?

How can we tell if a particular device is made after that date thus including the extra glue.

I guess I'll wait till fall to buy a KeyONE. Who needs the worry or extra work of having to go through warranty exchange of the original model.

Roveer
    As far as I'm aware, we've not been guaranteed that there will be additional glue on future devices. BlackBerry Mobile said in their statement...

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring.
    Which to me, doesn't guarantee that future units will have additional adhesive. It could be they simply use a different (stronger) adhesive, in the same amount/areas that original production runs had.

The statement which says they're "exploring measures" was just released yesterday. I'd guess a few weeks is reasonable, and a few weeks beyond that for units to begin to reach retail channels. As for identifying "new" units, I doubt there would be any kind of external or visual identifier indicating a difference.

In short: I don't think we know currently.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-17 02:38 PM
    We don't know if extra adhesive is even needed. See CBK drop tests that have KEYᵒⁿᵉ outlive S8 and iPhone 7.

BlackBerry Mobile will have to properly assess the actual number of returns to determine if further action is required.

See this link

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-1111661-new/
    06-11-17 02:42 PM
    So far the only significant problem is that a number of people seem to think this is a problem. Although like most people they probably look after their phone, don't put it in their back pocket and then sit on it or otherwise abuse their phone.
    okanagan likes this.
    06-11-17 02:44 PM
    Keep repeating that same rhetoric...
    06-11-17 02:47 PM
    Nothing new here. Just reposting from Crackberry.
    06-11-17 02:48 PM
    Nothing new here. Just reposting from Crackberry.
    Happened yesterday
    06-11-17 02:51 PM
    Happened yesterday
    So? What's the point?
    06-11-17 02:52 PM
    So? What's the point?
    Screen not secure enough.
    So will have to wait for a glue date before buying
    okanagan likes this.
    06-11-17 02:53 PM
    Screen not secure enough.
    So will have to wait for a glue date before buying
    A handful of anecdotes does not amount to proper data analysis.
    06-11-17 02:54 PM
    "Exploring measures" = thinking about it.

It could be that this is just a statement to calm the public. Carefully crafted words and phrases. Notice how they never actually committed to anything (in regards to glue that is. They committed to the warranty replacements)

It might be they wanna do good and add more adhesive.
    It might be they couldn't care less and won't change a damn thing and just wanted to shut the public up.
    It could be anything in between.

We'll likely never know
    06-11-17 02:54 PM
    could be the plan of the people trying to bring the BlackBerry name down again, the bend test is unreal and obviously above what the phone was meant to take, it may also have been designed to pop out (so it can be popped back in, rather than having a condition where the screen may otherwise crack
    06-11-17 02:56 PM
    Maybe they will add a couple of letters to the KEYone to show which ones have the extra glue, for example the KEYone eg, or KEYone SG. SG for super glue. ;-)
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-17 03:18 PM
    could be the plan of the people trying to bring the BlackBerry name down again, the bend test is unreal and obviously above what the phone was meant to take, it may also have been designed to pop out (so it can be popped back in, rather than having a condition where the screen may otherwise crack
    Please tell me you are joking. People on this forum bought the phone with the purpose of using it and bringing the BB name down? Or it was designed to pop back in? Incredible.
    06-11-17 03:25 PM
    "...the people trying to bring the BlackBerry name down again." Seriously? Are you really blaming this on some conspiracy? Who are these mysterious people?
    Elephant_Canyon and salbass like this.
    06-11-17 03:29 PM
    "...the people trying to bring the BlackBerry name down again." Seriously? Are you really blaming this on some conspiracy? Who are these mysterious people?
    Competitors, short investors, people have a gripe with BlackBerry, etc

is it that hard to imagine that stakeholders with opposing interests would spend a bit of money to get some disinformation to slow down the success of the phones, the recovery?
    06-11-17 03:31 PM
    Just for a comparison when I shattered my mate 9 screen I had to break the screen off in little tiny pieces because there was so much adhesive I couldn't pry it from the frame even with a heat gun. Even after that the leftover adhesive was really difficult to remove.
    06-11-17 03:42 PM

is it that hard to imagine that stakeholders with opposing interests would spend a bit of money to get some disinformation to slow down the success of the phones, the recovery?
    Why would anyone care enough about BlackBerry to spend money on a misinformation campaign? Disgruntled stockholders? It's not as if the stock has such a long way to fall. Competitors? Let's face it, it's been a long time since BB was really competitive in the smartphone market.
    kbz1960 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    06-11-17 03:57 PM
    BB stock is no longer tied to mobile handsets anyways...

The stock went up because of their automated car security software, potential buyout target, etc.

If the Keyone was a total flop it would not affect BB stock or even their bottom line at all really.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 04:00 PM
    Why would anyone care enough about BlackBerry to spend money on a misinformation campaign? Disgruntled stockholders? It's not as if the stock has such a long way to fall. Competitors? Let's face it, it's been a long time since BB was really competitive in the smartphone market.
    Simply because the market perception of BlackBerry is that it's going down the hole, doesn't mean that's the case, they still deliver significant income and hold market share. Competitors don't stop until the other is dead or acquired.
    06-11-17 04:00 PM
    Simply because the market perception of BlackBerry is that it's going down the hole, doesn't mean that's the case, they still deliver significant income and hold market share. Competitors don't stop until the other is dead or acquired.
    First off, the market perception of BB is ALREADY down the hole. Second, like I said, it's been a while since BB was a serious competitor in the smartphone market. In order for a company like Apple or Samsung to want to hurt BB(and spend time and money to do so), wouldn't they first have to see BB as a threat?
    06-11-17 04:49 PM

I'm curios what you label this one?
    https://twitter.com/erinLYYC/status/873983964662431744

Samsung spy?
    06-11-17 06:08 PM

Support for how long? What happens if the screen comes off after the warranty period?
    06-11-17 06:33 PM
    Support for how long? What happens if the screen comes off after the warranty period?
    Let's see how this all settles out.
    06-11-17 06:38 PM
49 12