09-25-17 12:08 PM
130 ... 456
tools
    I tried Textra on my PRIV and didn't care for it. I used the free version and it had ads. I even went back to try it again after a time. Therefore I have not even tried it on my KEYone. Are the people commenting about how great it is, people who have bought the paid version?
    08-02-17 03:07 PM
    In Spain, young people use everything: Whatsapp FB, Instagram, Twenti and others that someone over 50 like myself has never heard of.

People have loads of whatsapp groups for every conceivable type of interest and one-off events:
    Birthdays (especially surprise ones)
    Trips
    Holidays
    outings
    Parents class groups . plenty of american parents on our one here
    friends interest groups that act as private forums: e.g, biking mates, cycling mates, boating mates, dog walking friends, etc, etc,
    Clubs: they send out updates and events news
    Neighbours groups,
    project groups,
    family groups
    KEYone waiting room for a group of locals (does anyone without whatsapp or a K1 want to try it and see how it would work?)
    KEYone screen problem group
    KEYone interest group
    KEYone get the black version group
    etc, etc,..... you name it.

You can share videos and photos and have them all in the same place for each group.
    You can't do this on SMS, and you wouldn't want to set up separate FB accounts for each of the above.

Viber or Telegram aren't really used here, so you can count on everyone having a Whatsapp account, except for people without internet or smartphoness.
    The downside is that you can look at your whatapp and have over 100 messages waiting. At least you have the option to join 'em or not.

Right now, like most people, I couldn't live without it, and it's a deal-breaker on a phone.
    I'm really surprised on that it's so rare in NA.

Once you try it, you wonder what took you so long to get it.
    Nope, maybe for you. I actually hate group chats. They are very annoying when you constantly get notifications and most of the time it's other people talking amongst themselves. I'm involved in one group conversation on bbm and even that one I silenced all notifications and check in on it every now and then to see if anything is interesting or if I have anything to say to the group. I guess if being part of a group makes you happy, then sure, you'll love those things. But just speak for yourself because no I would not be wondering what took me so long if I ever get it, sorry.
    08-02-17 03:57 PM
    I tried Textra on my PRIV and didn't care for it. I used the free version and it had ads. I even went back to try it again after a time. Therefore I have not even tried it on my KEYone. Are the people commenting about how great it is, people who have bought the paid version?
    the paid version of Textra is exactly the same as the ad version. You just pay to get rid of ads.

Textra has improved and fixed a lot of bugs in the last 2 months pertaining to hub during the time i had my KEYone as i installed it on the 2nd day I got it.
    08-02-17 05:23 PM
    If anyone had an issue like I had with getting lower quality images via Textra from an iphone, change the setting under MMS and then MMS Behavior to "Legacy" as it had "System" selected and I was getting low quality images from friends sending me pics from an Iphone, and more than one pic sent at a time, and the 2nd and 3rd pics were all black and white. I have been trying to figure this out, and finally after looking thru settings under MMS, figured this out. I tested it, as I have an iphone I use as well, and it solves the issue. No idea what is does, but it worked.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-17 01:55 AM
    Just wanted to post a thank you to the OP, never heard of this app and just downloaded it now. It's brilliant!
    09-25-17 12:08 PM
130 ... 456