that is my setting that's why I was wondering if there was another setting that I was missing.
    that's very strange then.. I have a group chat with my brother and sister and it seems to work fine. What phone did you have before and what network? There may be a network setting that must be messing it up.

I'm using T-mobile and group chats work on my KEYone and on my previous Galaxy S5
    06-30-17 01:50 PM
    Go into the conversation --> Select the down arrow in the upper right corner --> Select the 3 dots near the phone number you want to save (Under People in Conversation) --> Add Contact

I had this same question, until i searched it in the built-in "support forum" section of the app..
    Sad that we have to dig and search to do something so simple
    06-30-17 04:20 PM
    Sad that we have to dig and search to do something so simple
    Yeah, I had the same thought.. lets email the dev about this so it can be easier and more intuitive to add numbers to contacts.. I'll email them later today

I'm just glad it has this functionality.
    06-30-17 04:45 PM
    Since you used Textra and Yaata extensively, how do you compare the way you view media exchanged via MMS? I like the way Textra arranges the media like an album, similar to iPhone. Does Yaata have a similar function?
    I actually think Textra does the media stuff better. Like taking a photo from within the Textra app it automatically crops the image to be landscape even when you're holding the phone portrait. And I think you can change that in the settings, but the fact that it has those little things, I think it's pretty cool. Yaata I don't think has what you're asking for. I simply like the customization of the notifications and conversation styles more.
    06-30-17 09:38 PM
    Textra is by far the best SMS app there is. it integrates fully with the Hub and simulates the BB10 experience quite nicely.
    In what way does it simulate BB10?
    07-01-17 12:47 PM
    In what way does it simulate BB10?
    I like the way you can swipe right when you're done your message. Also, you can reply out of the Hub without opening the full app, and then swipe right to dismiss it.
    07-01-17 01:22 PM
    I was in 2 minds about whether to use as my main messaging App or Android stock App! You can do more with Textra so there it is! It's my main messaging driver!!!luv it!!!
    07-02-17 11:54 AM
    After installing the app I've been tempted to send out meaningless text messages just as an excuse to use the app lol. It's so good.
    07-04-17 03:24 AM
    I really like it. Makes my Priv feel more like a BB10 phone.
    07-04-17 07:54 AM
    SMS is used a lot in the UK when others do not have data. WhatsApp and other messengers require Wi-Fi, SMS does not.
    07-04-17 08:04 AM
    Can someone tell me why there is an interest to still use SMS/MMS in this day?
    Since BBM>Whatspp & even E-mail on a smartphone has become mainstream, why would you still use SMS/MMS? In Europe providers know that hardly anybody uses SMS/MMS any longer since these free options are out there (whatsapp having a billion users globally), so they often offer unlimited SMS/MMS free of charge with many contracts. I literally don't know any private person for the last couple of years who has send me an SMS/MMS or who I've send one. Is sending SMS/MMS American/Canadian practice? Why do you guys prefer this technology? Just interested to see what we're missing out here in Europe (and for example the majority of Brazil)? I think in Indonesia BBM is the biggest player and sending old school SMS/MMS also an obsolete practice.
    A friend of mine who's a busy businessman gets flooded with WhatsApp messages. He checks it only every so often. I am the only one who sends him SMS messages. He notices immediately and responds.
    07-04-17 08:23 AM
    I feel like I am the only one that doesn't love textra. I don't get it.

then again... in messages... I click the back arrow/triangle and it takes me back to hub. maybe it did not do this before the early June update? it does now. and, I don't like sending via Enter key.

so far, it seems that the main appeal of textra is rooted in the above two features and customized Alerts for contacts. I do love the customized alerts... it is almost enough to make me keep textra.

but I don't like that timestamps are not always shown (without swiping) standard. and I feel like I am taking a step back by going with an app without RCS.

Happy to hear if I am missing something.... am I?
    07-09-17 01:27 PM
    I prefer Yaata
    07-09-17 01:41 PM
    I prefer the android messenger. Allows a quick call to the contact within the conversation. Also sending photos etc the fist screen is the recents conversations for a quick send. rather than typing overtime a contact. my preference of ease of use.

I feel like I am the only one that doesn't love textra. I don't get it.

then again... in messages... I click the back arrow/triangle and it takes me back to hub. maybe it did not do this before the early June update? it does now. and, I don't like sending via Enter key.

so far, it seems that the main appeal of textra is rooted in the above two features and customized Alerts for contacts. I do love the customized alerts... it is almost enough to make me keep textra.

but I don't like that timestamps are not always shown (without swiping) standard. and I feel like I am taking a step back by going with an app without RCS.

Happy to hear if I am missing something.... am I?
    07-09-17 01:51 PM
    okay, I just figured out that you CAN apply custom notifications (sounds, vibrations) to specific contacts in Android Messages (default text messaging app).

when you have a conversation with someone, highlight it... then go to the burger menu... choose People And Options. in there you can change that contact's sound and vibration setting.

so, that does it. I don't see what textra gives me that I don't have in the default texting app
    07-09-17 02:24 PM
    Just a heads up. If you're at all interested in using RCS, stick with Google Messages. Otherwise, Textra is a great SMS handler on Android.
    I read that Textra will also be introducing RCS this year.
    07-09-17 02:27 PM
    One more vote for Textra. Easy to use and nice looking.
    07-09-17 03:02 PM
    I've been using textra for the last 2 weeks or so and have switched to it but could just as easily switch back to Android Messages depending on who addresses their cons first. I think this is all my gripes

Textra pros - name group conversations, option to enter to send, media album per conversation, jump to date
    Textra cons - share via defaults to favorites rather than conversations (sent and forwarded to devs), can only attach 1 file at a time, time stamp visible via swipe left

Android messages pros - recipient profile pic in each message for solo and group conversations (textra only in group, neither though have my profile pic next to sent messages), every message time stamp just by touching message, emojis button ready, bigger thumbnails of pages shared
    Cons - delete 1 message at a time, can't name group conversations
    07-09-17 03:50 PM
    Yaata shows the timestamp without any swipe, you can set it to group consecutive texts or not and what timeframe to group, and everything else except rcs, which doesn't matter to me since I'm in the USA and wouldn't need that anyway.
    07-09-17 04:09 PM
    I tried downloaded yaata the same time but for whatever reason I liked textra more on 1st glance so i gave textra the closer look.
    07-09-17 04:18 PM
    okay, I could not get the custom contact-specific notification tones to stay as assigned. it just switched back to my default text tone.

what is the deal with RCS... I've read about it. it seems to allow images and video etc... but doesn't regular texting do that too? or at least images? (why is RCS less necessary if you are in the US?). what am I missing if I go textra and no RCS?
    07-09-17 07:19 PM
    Has anyone had issues with Textra not sending MMS and some SMS messages? I have been getting notifications about errors in sending the messages. Sometimes the messages go through even though I get an error message. I eventually uninstalled the app and went back to the basic messages app.
    07-12-17 07:17 PM
    I went back to textra, for the customized led for specific contacts. like that. don't necessarily love the UI
    07-17-17 07:07 PM
    Can someone tell me why there is an interest to still use SMS/MMS in this day?
    Since BBM>Whatspp & even E-mail on a smartphone has become mainstream, why would you still use SMS/MMS? In Europe providers know that hardly anybody uses SMS/MMS any longer since these free options are out there (whatsapp having a billion users globally), so they often offer unlimited SMS/MMS free of charge with many contracts. I literally don't know any private person for the last couple of years who has send me an SMS/MMS or who I've send one. Is sending SMS/MMS American/Canadian practice? Why do you guys prefer this technology? Just interested to see what we're missing out here in Europe (and for example the majority of Brazil)? I think in Indonesia BBM is the biggest player and sending old school SMS/MMS also an obsolete practice.
    Slagman5 statement on page one is correct.
    Everyone gets unlimited text in USA and Canada. Also, iPhone users like their basic integrated iMessage.
    I do like Whatsapp, BBM, Allo but nobody I know has them in North America and everyone using iPhone uses iMessage and on Android uses a good SMS/MMS text app like Textra.
    I use Duo for Video calling if needed.
    07-26-17 06:06 AM
    I don't install apps that contain ads and can't opt out from analytics.

PrivacyApp - Textra SMS
    07-26-17 07:11 AM
130 ... 23456