Writing text messages and BBM conversations, the regular "enter" key does not actually "send" the conversation. It makes an extra line (like ctrl+enter) does on a computer.
    You actually have to reach up and hit the little send icon to get the message to go.
    ctrl+enter, shift+enter, alt+enter just adds a carriage return...doesn't send either.
    Any workaround? A setting I missed somewhere?

Thank you. :-)
    06-06-17 11:31 AM
    Well it's app controlled , but in bbm is there not a spot in your bbm setting that says to use enter as send. Try long pressing the setting icon on the keyboard if there is one.
    There should be a setting in the app that will give you an option to turn off .
    06-06-17 12:26 PM
    I just switched to Textra as my default app and it has enter to send. Love it. So much better than the default app IMO
    06-06-17 12:38 PM
    I just switched to Textra as my default app and it has enter to send. Love it. So much better than the default app IMO
    Exactly. It has to be baked into the app. I also appreciate the fact Textra included it an option. I hope Google adds it to their official Messages app. Maybe if some of us are more vocal about it...
    06-06-17 01:01 PM
    There should be a setting in the app that will give you an option to turn off .
    I'm still looking, but nada. Any direction?
    06-08-17 10:15 AM
    I'm still looking, but nada. Any direction?
    Well it's app controlled , but in bbm is there not a spot in your bbm setting that says to use enter as send. Try long pressing the setting icon on the keyboard if there is one.
    06-08-17 11:20 AM
    06-08-17 11:22 AM
    Writing text messages and BBM conversations, the regular "enter" key does not actually "send" the conversation. It makes an extra line (like ctrl+enter) does on a computer.
    You actually have to reach up and hit the little send icon to get the message to go.
    ctrl+enter, shift+enter, alt+enter just adds a carriage return...doesn't send either.
    Any workaround? A setting I missed somewhere?

Thank you. :-)
    For bbm:

Open bbm. Tap on the profile icon (extreme right). Tap on 'Chat'.
    There, you will find the option 'Keyboard Enter Inserts New Line'. Uncheck/untick this option.

Now hitting 'enter' will Send the message.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    06-08-17 11:40 AM
    Funny that there's like 17 threads a day on this topic. I also wish enter could be set as universal send. For those who can, I recommend Whatsapp, since it works on everything and allows enter to send.
    06-08-17 11:49 AM
    For bbm:

Open bbm. Tap on the profile icon (extreme right). Tap on 'Chat'.
    There, you will find the option 'Keyboard Enter Inserts New Line'. Uncheck/untick this option.

Now hitting 'enter' will Send the message.
    Thank you much!! Perfect!
    I need to poke around more.
    Save Chat History is also an important one there I see.
    06-08-17 02:40 PM
    Love your graphics! A picture says a thousand words, @CB-BB-BBM !!
    06-08-17 02:46 PM
    I called this one out before. I was told to download apps. i shouldnt have to, BB as a software firm tweaking the os and this being a pkb - imho should be a standard in sms app. We shouldnt be going to 3rd parties for this. Infact there are other oversights revealing that not much customization was done to base android.
    06-08-17 04:30 PM
    Funny that there's like 17 threads a day on this topic. I also wish enter could be set as universal send. For those who can, I recommend Whatsapp, since it works on everything and allows enter to send.
    Don't know why enter a new line is set as default. Really, what kind of barbarian wants to start a new line with the enter key?? Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    blueyestm likes this.
    06-08-17 05:02 PM