So I was toiling over what app to assign my convenience key to, after experimenting with several, I decided to pair it with the quick setting Notification drop down app! It's been awesome! I have fairly small hands- Larger than trumps but still small and constantly pulling down from the top made it annoying. I secretly felt like I was going to drop my phone. This however has changed everything - with the touch of a button, down comes my notification drawer! It's the little things I tell you!
    Last edited by Rawkywilde; 07-01-17 at 05:17 PM.
    06-30-17 11:38 PM
    So I was toiling over what app to assign my convenience to, after experimenting with several, I decided to pair it with the quick setting Notification drop down app! It's been awesome! I have fairly small hands- Larger than trumps but still small and constantly pulling down from the top made it annoying. I secretly felt like I was going to drop my phone. This however has changed everything - with the touch of a button down comes my notification drawer! It's the little things I tell you!
    I've got to HAND it to you - great post!!!

But also an intriguing idea.
    07-01-17 12:52 AM
    Interesting never actually thought of that. I just have mine set to flashlight.
    07-01-17 01:44 AM
    So I was toiling over what app to assign my convenience to, after experimenting with several, I decided to pair it with the quick setting Notification drop down app! It's been awesome! I have fairly small hands- Larger than trumps but still small and constantly pulling down from the top made it annoying. I secretly felt like I was going to drop my phone. This however has changed everything - with the touch of a button down comes my notification drawer! It's the little things I tell you!
    Under "all shortcuts" I am not seeing a notification drop down option.
    Last edited by gquan14; 07-01-17 at 03:01 AM.
    07-01-17 02:36 AM
    Torch works best for me
    07-01-17 02:49 AM
    Might be helpful if more info is provided. Under "all shortcuts" I am not seeing a notification drop down option.
    He's talking about an app. Here's on app that works great for the Convenience Key drop down status thing.

The end all use for a convenience key!! in my humble opinion...-screenshot_20170630-215639.png
    07-01-17 02:58 AM
    "Genius, pure Genius" ~ Donatello in TMNT: Secret of the Ooze

I too hate reaching all the way up to the top to get into the quick settings...on my older BB's could do it with my thumb with the easiest of ease. I was lookin for something to use for the convenience key that would be helpful but couldn't think of anything. This is perfect. Thanks.
    07-01-17 06:29 AM
    My notification tray shortcut is long pressing the back key via All in One Gestures app.
    07-01-17 07:27 AM
    Just select show notifications for the key action. Don't need the app
    07-01-17 07:34 AM
    Still haven't come up w/ a useful convenience key action/app. My "swipe down" on any home page pulls down the notification tray (on Nova Launcher). I have the double Power button as camera. All other quick actions are through gestures. I would do the phone app but due to placement of the key, I general press it by accident and afraid of random dialing. hmm...
    07-01-17 09:02 AM
    It doesn't exist without an app.
    07-01-17 09:34 AM
    It doesn't exist without an app.
    My bad I forgot I downloaded that simple app a while ago.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-01-17 09:39 AM
    So you can bring the tray down but still have to reach way up there to do anything about it right? Running an Android phone requires either octopus hands or lots of time. Can you tell that I still have no idea what's always been so attractive to people about Android??

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    07-01-17 10:12 AM
    Brilliant!
    07-01-17 10:17 AM
    I have my convenience key set to take a screen shot in Notable and by ready for editing (since u can use it anywhere)

I have set my "V" key to a "Nova Action" (Ive purchased Nova Launcher for my other phones in the past) to pull down notifications.. Since V looks like a down arrow! Haha!

Consequently, bcuz I have Nova, I can assign a shortcut key to open Google Assistant thru a Nova Action!
    07-01-17 10:37 AM
    I have my convenience key set to take a screen shot in Notable and by ready for editing (since u can use it anywhere)

I have set my "V" key to a "Nova Action" (Ive purchased Nova Launcher for my other phones in the past) to pull down notifications.. Since V looks like a down arrow! Haha!

Consequently, bcuz I have Nova, I can assign a shortcut key to open Google Assistant thru a Nova Action!
    Keyboard shortcut with Nova?
    07-01-17 10:39 AM
    Keyboard shortcut with Nova?
    No, I have Nova installed, but I am using BB Launcher for the shortcuts..

Having Nova installed, you can assign whatever Nova Action you want to a shortcut key!
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    07-01-17 11:03 AM
    Yes, but don't you need to be on the home screen to do it like that? With the convenience key as the shortcut, you can drop the screen from anywhere.
    07-01-17 11:20 AM
    I switched to KeyOne from an iphone and miss the side flip switch to turn on/off ring and notifications so I set my convenience key to the ring volume shortcut under device shortcuts to toggle between silent, vibrate and volume.
    willboyce likes this.
    07-01-17 03:50 PM
    You have no idea how much this post helped me...

Between this and double tapping app switcher button goes back to last app have completely changed how I use this phone... BB for the win!!!
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-01-17 04:51 PM
    You have no idea how much this post helped me...

Between this and double tapping app switcher button goes back to last app have completely changed how I use this phone... BB for the win!!!
    That is awesome! I'm glad, I had my eureka moment!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-01-17 05:14 PM
    I switched to KeyOne from an iphone and miss the side flip switch to turn on/off ring and notifications so I set my convenience key to the ring volume shortcut under device shortcuts to toggle between silent, vibrate and volume.
    I might have to try this too, I'm constantly switching at work, so this is very helpful.
    07-01-17 05:16 PM
    You know what would make this truly complete...And this maybe asking for too much, but if it opened and closed the notification drawer with the touch of a button...The definition of phone foreplay...
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-17 05:19 PM
    As stated before and how it works on my Pixel XL, please whomever does the coding, program the fingerprint sensor to slide the notification shade up/down by doing this action with a finger. Welcome to Android too!
    07-01-17 05:34 PM
    He's talking about an app. Here's on app that works great for the Convenience Key drop down status thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170630-215639.png 
Views:	381 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	426270
    I just installed that app. But I canNOT find it anywhere on my device, other then in the Playstore with an OPEN box.
    07-02-17 12:15 PM
49 12