I was just loading android tv remote mouse tool app on my nvidia shield when I got this idea about pointer mode on the key 2.

I was wondering if we could modify or create an app like the android / fire tv remote mouse tool app to work on the key 2 & other BlackBerry models.

We would need to modify the way we activate it on & off as well as utilizing the keyboard for mouse direction.

I think this would be a great app & hopefully not too hard to implement.

Let me know your thoughts?
    11-21-18 03:13 AM
    I was just loading android tv remote mouse tool app on my nvidia shield when I got this idea about pointer mode on the key 2.

I was wondering if we could modify or create an app like the android / fire tv remote mouse tool app to work on the key 2 & other BlackBerry models.

We would need to modify the way we activate it on & off as well as utilizing the keyboard for mouse direction.

I'm not sure how much the keyboard you can use however there's something out there which can be utilized.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...i.reachability
    wldcrd likes this.
    11-21-18 03:15 AM
    I'm not sure how much the keyboard you can use however there's something out there which can be utilized.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...i.reachability
    Thanks for recommending. I'm giving it a try to see how it works out on the key2
    12-01-18 12:14 AM
    I have executed all the instructions perfectly but the cursor does not appear, neither with the currency key nor with the convenience one. But does this method work on KeyOne with Android 8.1?
    12-14-18 02:36 PM

If someone could make an app that would enable pointer mode anywhere in the phone, I would pay $50 for that app and wonder why he/she doesn't work for BlackBerry because they really should have this feature embedded in their OS...
    12-15-18 09:30 PM
    I have executed all the instructions perfectly but the cursor does not appear, neither with the currency key nor with the convenience one. But does this method work on KeyOne with Android 8.1?
    Nah, it's been said by someone else here that the Oreo update basically killed this... :'(
    12-15-18 09:31 PM
    Yeah I've tried a few things but no dice yet. It seems there is probably a key that would enable it in settings database I just don't know what it would be yet.
    12-16-18 10:46 AM
    Just wanted to follow-up & say this Reachability Cursor app works great

You don't get to use the keyboard as I would have hoped but I think it's about as close as were going to get to what we want
    Thanks for recommending. I'm giving it a try to see how it works out on the key2
    Last edited by wldcrd; 01-03-19 at 11:56 PM.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    01-01-19 10:24 PM
    Hi mates! I found this post a few days ago, I've done all operations (I felt like a little hacker ), but it's not working. There is no more a possibility to have the pointer today? All the best.
    05-03-19 02:59 AM
    If I remember right, this doesn't work after the Oreo update. I miss it too on my Key2 too....Trapped by my own sentence structure.. Happy Friday.
    05-03-19 06:18 AM
    Hi mates! I found this post a few days ago, I've done all operations (I felt like a little hacker ), but it's not working. There is no more a possibility to have the pointer today? All the best.
    You can check my previous post. There’s an app that can help you to achieve something similar.
    /13311791-post.html
    05-03-19 07:18 AM
    I download it right now. It's not bad, but I would like to use the keyboard to move the pointer; i'll search.
    Thanks a lot, anyway
    05-03-19 09:15 AM
    Hello. Has anyone found something new about this problem?
    10-23-19 04:19 PM
    Hello. Has anyone found something new about this problem?
    Nothing yet. Not sure it's possible anymore.
    10-25-19 06:39 AM
    yesterday I wrote a latter to blackberry support

i asked them about implementing this feature in next update and i sended them links of topics like this to show them, that this feature is interesting for Blackberry users.
    they answered me few hours ago. they send my messege to develop team.
    maybe, if another users will send them something like this, Blackberry will implement this in next update.
    10-25-19 07:01 AM
65 123