I just tested this and the pointer mode is working on my KeyOne (Nougat only at this Moment).

1. Download settings database editor app from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etedit22&hl=en

2. in adb, run the following command minus the quotes: "adb shell pm grant by4a.setedit22 android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS"

3. Open the app and click the "global" radio button. You will be adding 2 or 3 new values

4. To enable pointer mode, add without the quotes: "touch_keyboard_mode_switch_enabled" then value = 1 (see screenshot)

5. If you want currency key to activate/deactivate pointer mode, add this value without the quotes: "touch_keyboard_mode_switch_on_currency_key" then value = 1 (see screenshot) On the priv there was also a value to use the mute button (not sure if this would allow the convenience key to activate pointer mode) but that would be: "touch_keyboard_mode_switch_on_mute_key = 1. You can make the pointer larger in accessibility settings by ticking "large mouse pointer". You can also change the pointer speed in blackberry keyboard settings.

I'll make a video tutorial at some point but thought i'd share. Sorry for the blurry photo screenshot made the pointer disappear. I have large pointer enabled for visibility purposes.

Enable pointer mode on KEYone  (like the verizon/south korea Priv had)-screenshot_20170922-164016.jpg

Enable pointer mode on KEYone  (like the verizon/south korea Priv had)-img_20170922_1649521.jpg
    Last edited by jcrutchvt2010; 01-04-19 at 07:18 AM.
    09-22-17 03:52 PM
    effin sweet
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    09-22-17 03:57 PM
    Does this leave the pointer on the screen for good? And honest question but what is the use of pointer mode? I've never used it.
    09-22-17 04:07 PM
    Does this leave the pointer on the screen for good? And honest question but what is the use of pointer mode? I've never used it.
    It behaves a little differently than the priv if you ever used that. The cursor fades after about ten seconds of no use. However if you go to swipe on the keyboard before disabling with the currency key, it will reappear. There is a video here that demos the priv it is similar. The enabling part is not relevant to K1 but behavior is similar. Some will find use. I'm still experimenting with it so more to come.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-priv-1100792/
    ray689 likes this.
    09-22-17 04:29 PM
    It behaves a little differently than the priv if you ever used that. The cursor fades after about ten seconds of no use. However if you go to swipe on the keyboard before disabling with the currency key, it will reappear. There is a video here that demos the priv it is similar. The enabling part is not relevant to K1 but behavior is similar. Some will find use. I'm still experimenting with it so more to come.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-priv-1100792/
    Thanks. Will check it out.
    09-22-17 04:31 PM
    will definitely give this a shot.. thanks!
    09-22-17 04:37 PM
    Using it now works ok just need to use 2 fingers on the pkb to swipe up and down.
    09-22-17 04:39 PM
    Using it now works ok just need to use 2 fingers on the pkb to swipe up and down.
    yeah appears two fingers simultaneously swiping horizontally further apart or closer together will zoom in and out in apps where that is possible.
    09-22-17 04:41 PM
    Also just rebooted to check if the strings would stick and they did.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-22-17 04:43 PM
    If you can some how figure out a way to make it scroll as well like a real BB that would be the way to go.
    siung6 likes this.
    09-22-17 05:03 PM
    If you can some how figure out a way to make it scroll as well like a real BB that would be the way to go.
    You can't scroll around the screen and click with it using the capacitive keyboard (like using the track pad on a 9900 or Classic, for example)??

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    09-22-17 11:05 PM
    You can't scroll around the screen and click with it using the capacitive keyboard (like using the track pad on a 9900 or Classic, for example)??

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    You can use the pointer to click on things and move around the screen but it doesn't scroll you have to use 2 fingers on the pkb to scroll thru stuff.
    09-23-17 06:59 AM
    You can use the pointer to click on things and move around the screen but it doesn't scroll you have to use 2 fingers on the pkb to scroll thru stuff.
    You can also double tap and hold on second tap and fling up or down if you are only scrolling up or down a little or slowly. I usually prefer the two finger scroll though unless it's instagram or something in which case i wouldn't be using pointer mode anyway.
    Al moon likes this.
    09-23-17 10:13 AM
    You can also double tap and hold on second tap and fling up or down if you are only scrolling up or down a little or slowly. I usually prefer the two finger scroll though unless it's instagram or something in which case i wouldn't be using pointer mode anyway.
    nice didnt notice that before this way it's a little more comfortable at least while not having to press the currency key, you think its possible to scroll along with the pointer as well like the older blackberries?
    09-23-17 10:19 AM
    nice didnt notice that before this way it's a little more comfortable at least while not having to press the currency key, you think its possible to scroll along with the pointer as well like the older blackberries?
    if you mean using the keyboard to scroll as if pointer was not enabled, not without tapping the currency button to temporarily disable pointer first as far as I can tell. But it's not too much an inconvenience to tap currency when you want to scroll with the keyboard (not perfect I know).
    09-23-17 10:22 AM
    if you mean using the keyboard to scroll as if pointer was not enabled, not without tapping the currency button to temporarily disable pointer first as far as I can tell. But it's not too much an inconvenience to tap currency when you want to scroll with the keyboard (not perfect I know).
    no it's not much of hassle i was jut being curious.
    09-23-17 10:24 AM
    Also just rebooted to check if the strings would stick and they did.
    Also confirmed this I'm really glad it persists so I don't have to add it every reboot.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-23-17 09:17 PM
    Sorry my ignorance, how do I run the adb command? On device or on PC?

I have developers options on, settings editor installed.

BBB100-1
    AAQ302
    Android ver. 7.7.1
    11-12-17 12:04 PM
    Sorry my ignorance, how do I run the adb command? On device or on PC?

I have developers options on, settings editor installed.

BBB100-1
    AAQ302
    Android ver. 7.7.1
    You run it on the PC. You may need to allow it to run in Administrator Mode on the pc.
    11-12-17 02:55 PM
    thanks for this great tip now my k1 is even more superb! to make it happen you need adb tools for Windows. you will have to add also a path to adb directory.
    11-13-17 03:55 AM
    So when everything is set up the currency key enables/disables the mouse pointer, is that right?
    11-26-17 03:25 AM
    So when everything is set up the currency key enables/disables the mouse pointer, is that right?
    Yep that's it. You can try adding a setting substituting the word "currency" for "mute" if you'd prefer the convenience key to do it. I haven't tried that but it was an option on the Priv.
    11-26-17 11:59 AM
    Sounds great. I'm surprised there's not more interested in this feature. I guess everyone who has liked using a mouse cursor within a web browser has all moved on to something else. That's one of the features I liked the most from the classic and previous bb legacy phones. For a tall phone like this I can see it being very useful
    12-01-17 03:10 AM
    Sounds great. I'm surprised there's not more interested in this feature. I guess everyone who has liked using a mouse cursor within a web browser has all moved on to something else. That's one of the features I liked the most from the classic and previous bb legacy phones. For a tall phone like this I can see it being very useful
    The more I use it, the more I like it. Would prefer the circular cursor that the Priv had, but I still find value in the mouse pointer.
    12-01-17 06:29 AM
    Hmm... could it be switched on with shift+$ or alt+$?
    12-01-17 04:10 PM
65 123