Unlike the Priv, the KEYone can't read the BlackBerry Logo that I get as an emoji kind of thing on the Passport. It can't see it. A square with a cross appears inside, and I guess other phones see the same.

Does anyone know of an app or any other way to get those BlackBerry bullets? I like to include them in my status bars, user names, email signatures, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    06-20-17 08:50 AM
    Short of ASCII Art:

⫐⫐
    ⫐⫐⫐
     ⫐⫐

Or including an image of the logo:

Emoji/Logo pack app that has BB dots?-blackberry_logo_without_wordmark.svg.png

You're pretty much out of luck.

Even if you should find some app which includes the logo somehow, it probably won't work for anyone else unless that person has the exact same app. (Or the app uses an image to insert the logo - which you can do yourself without the need for an app.)

(As I've seen this request multiple times here now: Can anyone explain to me why it's so important for some BB users to include the BB-logo somewhere in their mails or messages even though they don't have anything to do with BB other than owning a phone from them? Not even Apple users do this.)
    06-20-17 09:07 AM
    Unless RIM and TCL make changes you won't see it outside the PRIV or BB10 devices - and it won't be visible by all parties regardless which sucks

KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    06-20-17 09:08 AM
    I checked it in a previous thread, the BB logos are in the reserved Unicode space of the system font. You would need not only the capacity to change system fonts (which you can't), but also a system font that has the reserved space mapped out like it is on a legacy device.

(As I've seen this request multiple times here now: Can anyone explain to me why it's so important for some BB users to include the BB-logo somewhere in their mails or messages even though they don't have anything to do with BB other than owning a phone from them? Not even Apple users do this.)
    Shared delusion?
    06-20-17 09:10 AM
    When I first got my PRIV, it wasn't available with it either BUT it did show eventually after a while. I'm not exactly when it became available but I have hopes of BlackBerry making it available in a future update. I for one like it as part of my signature in my emails.
    06-20-17 04:41 PM
    We BlackBerry users, unlike Apple users who in most cases just follow the crowd blindfold, have a reason to love our brand. That's why it's important for us to show our love in our user names, signatures, and related.

I've also convinced a lot of other people to switch to BlackBerry. Most of them had been previous BB7 users. It's a small way to say thank you to the company that has fought all odds to keep bringing happiness to us.
    06-20-17 08:54 PM
    DTEK's can read the BlackBerry bullets, yet the KEYone can't. It'd be nice if they could figure out a way that it could be read from any device.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 01:43 PM
    We BlackBerry users, unlike Apple users who in most cases just follow the crowd blindfold, have a reason to love our brand. That's why it's important for us to show our love in our user names, signatures, and related.

I've also convinced a lot of other people to switch to BlackBerry. Most of them had been previous BB7 users. It's a small way to say thank you to the company that has fought all odds to keep bringing happiness to us.
    You don't think Apple users love the brand? Apple has one of the highest customer retention rates(if not the highest) of any OEM. Are you suggesting that it's because of "following a crowd blindfolded?"
    06-25-17 04:25 PM
    Yes, as a matter of fact that's exactly what I think. Human being minds are designed to imitate. Apple managed to become a trend. Especially in America.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 04:29 PM
    Yes, as a matter of fact that's exactly what I think. Human being minds are designed to imitate. Apple managed to become a trend. Especially in America.

Posted via CB10
    So you're not only making generalizations about Apple users, you're making them about Americans? That's cute. Consider this: if BlackBerry was able to inspire people to "follow the crowd blindfolded," they wouldn't be in the situation they're in, would they?
    06-25-17 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry made mistakes we wish they wouldn't have made, however we still love what they have been able to give us in spite of all the hurdles, which makes is even more valuable. Making generalizations often makes sense and no one should be so sensitive about it. Is it not not true that on average iPhone users are not very knowledgeable when it comes to technology? Most of them are there because they see that's what people around them have.

In America the system plays to favor Apple because they want you to pay for a lot of things that are available for free. On Android, of course. So they will sell you Rokus, Cable, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Hulu, HBO, countless subscriptions and a lot of other things that nobody needs anymore. They just don't know it.

I am not saying anything bad about America or Americans, if that's where you are trying to deviate the attention to. I live in America and love the country and its people, otherwise I'd be somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 04:55 PM
    I would like to bring this conversation back to the logo.  Can everyone see this? 
    06-25-17 04:59 PM
    I would like to bring this conversation back to the logo.  Can everyone see this? 
    Can see it from the Passport, not from the KEYone.
    06-25-17 05:02 PM
    It's not about KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Nobody other than PRIV or BlackBerry phones can see the BlackBerry logo. It's not part of standard characters nor the emoticons. Unless BlackBerry can request to get it added, there's no other way.
    mbirth likes this.
    06-25-17 10:06 PM