So I have finally left BlackBerry architecture and bought a KEYone and moved on to Android.

The one issue I have at the moment is the amount of duplicates I have on my contacts list. There seems to be at least 4-5 entries per person which is not only a pain in the back side but just untidy. Whilst I have 11 email accounts (which may have exacerbated the problem), I am very tempted to delete all contacts, make sure accounts are unsynced and start again.

Is there any way (other than using Content Transfer) to make sure that only the contacts on my BB10 are moved?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    06-18-17 01:05 PM
    I had about 10 out of 100 contacts become duplicates. Some were due to having nicknames, or some had only an email address on one dup, and telephone number with the other dup.

Anyway, what I found that there is a very simple way to fix these... click on one dup and hit the "join" option. It will allow you to scroll through your contacts to find the second dup, and easily put them in one entry.
    06-18-17 01:26 PM
    I did try to "link" those duplicates, but they just reappear.
    06-18-17 01:31 PM
    I've been from Passport, Priv, DTEK60 to KEYᵒⁿᵉ and has always experienced duplicate contacts. Sometimes 3 or 4 of the same. The issue with "joining" contacts is that it's not the overall solution. Contacts will delink randomly and you'll constantly be joining them every time you get a new device. I have yet to find a solution other than manually deleting "duplicates" that is either incomplete and/or sometimes it's just a contact with photo. I've had my KEYᵒⁿᵉ since June 1 and am still slowly working a little every day to merge/remove the unwanted contacts.
    06-18-17 05:57 PM
    I always consolidate contacts to one email acct so I don't have duplicates. There's apps in the appstore to help with that or you can turn off contact sync for some of the email accts so you don't get duplicates.
    06-18-17 06:01 PM