I think Carphone warehouse have a lot of room to manoeuvre when discounting Blackberrys possibly cos its a bit of a niche device.

I got my keyone for free last year with a contract after some haggling on the phone

This year i was able to knock sixty quid off the price of the handset when upgrading.

This made the cost to upgrade £246 but i then sold my keyone which brought the cost right down to virtually nothing.

Because of the reasonable pricing this means i could easily upgrade every year to the latest bb device.
    06-29-18 05:44 PM
    Congrats on your new phone! Too bad you couldn't keep the KEYone and have the series over time.
    06-29-18 09:04 PM
    Upgrades will always cost you more upfront cash than a new contract. When my contract expires in September I intend to start a new one with the same carrier for the K2 with CPW then port my phone number over to the new phone. Looking forward to the new blackberry and wish you well with yours.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    06-30-18 01:11 AM
    Upgrades will always cost you more upfront cash than a new contract. When my contract expires in September I intend to start a new one with the same carrier for the K2 with CPW then port my phone number over to the new phone. Looking forward to the new blackberry and wish you well with yours.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Well in a sense it was a new contract. The "upgrade" cost was me paying off the remainder of my contract. Selling the Keyone covered the majority of this.

CPW then gave me sixty quid off the cost of the keytwo on a new contract. All in all it cost me roughly £90 to get into the new key2 with an additional 4gb of data. The reason being as i said is because i got the Keyone for free.

What i like about these BB phones is its very easy to change phone every year. I just cant imagine CPW discounting iphones or samsungs in the same way. I could be wrong.
    06-30-18 04:57 AM
    Ok, thanks for the info. I just tried on their site and it won't let me upgrade until October ( if a good deal was going to do it lol). My contract is for two years so not long to go now. I guess I could phone them and try but for now will just read all the reviews. Good luck.
    06-30-18 05:17 AM
    In the long run, if you have a favorable automatically renewable contract, buying your own phone is a better deal. The networks don't give away their phones 'free'.

In the OP's case, where resale is possible, it seems like a good short range opportunity.
    06-30-18 09:28 AM
    In the long run, if you have a favorable automatically renewable contract, buying your own phone is a better deal. The networks don't give away their phones 'free'.

In the OP's case, where resale is possible, it seems like a good short range opportunity.
    I understand how contracts work, clearly phones aren't free.

But when i bought the keyone i was able to negotiate the upfront handset cost down to nothing. I did the same thing with the Key2

That makes getting the latest bb every year very affordable
    06-30-18 09:31 AM