So I just got a Keyone from Sprint. Activated it and everything. Nice, nice.

PROBLEM: While the earphones work for a while, if I leave it alone, unused, for half an hour and beyond, it STOPS WORKING.

I've tried replugging it, etc.

The only solution is to restart the phone, but it keeps happening

Help.
    08-11-17 04:14 AM
    So I just got a Keyone from Sprint. Activated it and everything. Nice, nice.

PROBLEM: While the earphones work for a while, if I leave it alone, unused, for half an hour and beyond, it STOPS WORKING.

I've tried replugging it, etc.

The only solution is to restart the phone, but it keeps happening

Help.
    Do you have a headphone icon in your Status bar (near the clock)?
    It's usually there when you have the earphones plugged in.
    But if it disappears while the earphones are plugged in, maybe the phone isn't detecting the earphones at some point.
    Are you able to try a new/different pair of earphones to see if this still happens?
    08-11-17 11:03 AM
    Sound quality is very awful in KeyOne - Just plugin your earphones - I'm really disappointed how the testing team missed such an important & personal thing in a phone. Please enable the DAC module in your next update.
    08-11-17 11:16 AM
    Do you have a headphone icon in your Status bar (near the clock)?
    It's usually there when you have the earphones plugged in.
    But if it disappears while the earphones are plugged in, maybe the phone isn't detecting the earphones at some point.
    Are you able to try a new/different pair of earphones to see if this still happens?
    Yes! There is. And I've tried three earphones at least. Help D:

Edit: also when I plug it in there's that initial earphone 'acknowledging' noise, but other than that sound doesn't play
    Last edited by Kaizerin; 08-12-17 at 08:15 AM.
    08-12-17 05:34 AM
    Sound quality is very awful in KeyOne - Just plugin your earphones - I'm really disappointed how the testing team missed such an important & personal thing in a phone. Please enable the DAC module in your next update.
    ....I do plug-in my earphones and it doesn't work, that's the problem.
    08-12-17 08:16 AM
    ....I do plug-in my earphones and it doesn't work, that's the problem.
    Exercise your warranty or return policy if it seems like a hardware problem.
    08-12-17 09:55 AM
    Question for OP, are you receiving LTE on your keyone? Any trouble with data or mms? Reason I ask is because I have a keyone on sprint and am only getting 3G speeds.
    08-12-17 10:56 AM

Edit: also when I plug it in there's that initial earphone 'acknowledging' noise, but other than that sound doesn't play
    Ensure the earphones are fully inserted into the audio port and only use those with the same connector as the BlackBerry earbuds.
    08-12-17 09:23 PM
    Ensure the earphones are fully inserted into the audio port and only use those with the same connector as the BlackBerry earbuds.
    Yes, I make sure every single time. They're just the basic earphones that fits most devices today. Was there a new one?
    08-12-17 09:53 PM
    Question for OP, are you receiving LTE on your keyone? Any trouble with data or mms? Reason I ask is because I have a keyone on sprint and am only getting 3G speeds.
    Bruh, where do you live, maybe it's your area. I'm getting LTE.
    08-12-17 09:54 PM
    Bruh, where do you live, maybe it's your area. I'm getting LTE.
    What's your APN settings??
    08-12-17 09:54 PM
    Exercise your warranty or return policy if it seems like a hardware problem.
    Yeah, I'm making that my last resort. Redowloading my apps and re-setting up everything is such a hassle.
    08-12-17 09:55 PM
    What's your APN settings??
    The last one. Xi.spsn or something
    08-12-17 09:57 PM
    Yes, I make sure every single time. They're just the basic earphones that fits most devices today. Was there a new one?
    As another person suggested, return the device for warranty repair or replacement. Out of the box the audio port should function with any standard 3.5mm earphones or earbuds.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-17 12:15 PM
    I had a similar issue by the sounds of it. When I first plugged in my headphones I got the notification in the top left and they worked normally. Eventually they would stop being recognized. I'd unplug and plug them in and nothing. I also had it think the headphones were plugged in when they weren't. Restarting would solve the problem for a little while. It was clearly a software issue. Over time it just went away. I think it sorted itself out, not sure how though. I uninstalled the music apps I had installed and just use google music and spotify now.

If your issue is similar to mine, it might resolve itself in time.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-17 03:46 PM

Try = Settings + Display + (scroll all the way to the bottom) Headset plug-in action
    If you have this set up with an app, change it to No action.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-14-17 01:56 PM