Elsewhere on these forums it has been suggested that the regulatory authorities in the US (FCC) and in Canada (CRTC) will not allow the use of dual sim card phones BUT Staples.ca ans Staples stores already sell dual sim phones and have had them forthe last two years at least.

Therefore there shouldn't be any issue having the K1 dual sim black edition phone available here - I'm not advocating that folk jump through the loops and get one imported, that remains an individual choice but given as dual phones are already legal - then why not?

Personally I would buy one yesterday rather than carry a personal and business phone!
    09-15-17 03:59 PM
    Carrier's not regulatory authorities are what have discouraged dual SIMS in western markets. That and the "need" for dual SIMS was much smaller here.
    09-15-17 04:18 PM
    How many people would actually use a dual sim phone in N/A, is it a actual need or want. If you do lot of travel to other countries perhaps but how much trouble is it to physically to change out a sim card on a long flight.
    Last edited by stevec66; 09-15-17 at 06:18 PM.
    09-15-17 04:30 PM
    My 'actual' use would be to have a separate sim card (number) for business and personal use. The issue of changing a sim card when flying to other countries is as you say - not an issue.
    11-15-17 02:23 PM
    Had the same problem here in the Netherlands, dualsim not available throughout Europe. I ordered a dualsim k1 at mysgsm.me in Dubai, they ship worldwide. First I did some research, the shop seemed reliable. They packed the phone the next day and dhl brought it at my doorstep 2 days later. 4g worked right out of the box! It took me a lot of time to find a reliable supplier that would ship internationally for a reasonable price. Maybe by sharing I can save some people a lot of time!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-17 04:42 PM
    I've got some issues with my keyone. See below:

Canadian K1 user here. I've got my hands on the Dual Sim version from India and i've got some interesting issues with it and i'm wondering if there's any fellow canadians who are experiencing this issue. Side note, i'm in vancouver in case anyone's considering getting one but is having trouble pulling the trigger. Here's the issues:

1) Data connection drops randomly and i have to go into airplane mode to get it back temporarily. This is only when i have both SIM's inserted, so very annoying Both of my SIMs are with Telus Mobility
    2) APN settings are greyed out when both SIM's are inserted. Haven't checked with only 1 SIM but this is also super annoying.
    3) When sending or receiving MMS messages on SIM2, the message doesn't get delivered or sent. I have to disable SIM1 for the message to send.

Anyone else encounter this?
    12-11-17 01:13 PM
    Ohhh I hope someone can respond to these. I was going to pull the trigger and import one but decided not too when amazon had a $100 off sale of the black keyone. It made the price difference between the two too great to justify.

Was still thinking of getting one but not if your issue is common for those who have imported
    12-11-17 02:25 PM