It's something BlackBerry 10 got so freaking RIGHT! And with the BlackBerry KeyOne, it's all gone. It sucks so much.

I simply can't jump from one language to another without switching the keyboard's language.

When I'm lucky, an Alt+Enter works for this, or holding the space bar for a second. Most of the time, it doesn't work. These two shortcuts don't work on Messenger, they don't work on WhatsApp. They don't work the same from one SMS app to the next. When they do work, sometimes I don't get a toast indicating what the new language I switched to is.

I'll be typing in French for a while, having switched the keyboard to French, then I'll jump to a text in English and answer it. The keyboard remains French (unless I explicitly switch to English which I wish I didn't have to do) and will autocorrect all my English words (eg: typing "The" will autocorrect to "Thé" ). If I don't switch the language, the dumb thing will "learn" from this, and next time I'm writing in French and want "the" to be autocorrected to "thé" , it won't happen. It's so extremely frustrating.

And the funny thing is, it seems to work a lot better with the virtual keyboard on the device...

Using the keyboard with different languages worked so well on BlackBerry 10. It was absolutely flawless. The system just detected what the language you were using was, and only suggested words IN that language, and only autocorrected based on THAT language.

BlackBerry Mobile team - if by any chance anyone working there reads this, please, please, fix this issue. It makes it a giant drag trying to communicate with a device which is designed for communication.
    08-08-18 10:23 AM
    All language switching shortcuts work for me in every app. Not sure what or why you are experiencing these issues.
    08-08-18 10:42 AM
    Care to share a screenshot of what that might look like on Messenger, for example?
    08-08-18 10:51 AM
    i feel you bro. i feel you. yesterday My alt enter did not work as well. after restart it work fine. you can input the secondary language but still a moron compare to os 10
    08-08-18 11:00 AM
    sometimes voice dictate switches languages as well without apparent reason
    08-08-18 11:03 AM
    you can create a multi-language keyboard option. I have spanish and English combined. that way you never need to switch languages. Will that work for you?
    08-08-18 01:03 PM
    i had the same bug. using multilanguage now, because it fixed the qwertz 7 and ) switch bug.

Sometimes manual switching works, often not. Idk why
    08-08-18 01:23 PM
    you can create a multi-language keyboard option. I have spanish and English combined. that way you never need to switch languages. Will that work for you?
    Dude, I thought of that... this is with a multi language keyboard.
    08-08-18 01:23 PM
    dude. ok.

why do you need to switch keyboards then? I never use alt enter. empiezo escribir en español y funciona.

maybe you are not doing it the correct way. you shouldn't have to use any shortcut to switch between keyboards.

but sorry, I won't try helping you out. Dude
    08-08-18 01:35 PM
    I think I set it up wrongly. should not choose system language. I should choose the multiple language that I set it up. now it's perfect. great
    08-09-18 02:41 AM
    My issue with language switch is that it fails to work when I restart the phone. I have to manually switch to another language in the setting first before it can fully work with shortcuts. Otherwise, you can see the pop-up words on the screen that language changed, but it remains in English actually.

However once it works, it works in all apps.
    08-09-18 03:22 AM