I will throw my PRIV away the second I get my hands on it
    Instead of throwing it away, you could also sell it! I think I'll sell my PRIV too when this devices is released. I love the 3:2 screen.
    12-07-16 02:27 AM
    So, if you read Bla1ze's post earlier... what do you think? Is this the DTEK70? Would you buy it? Do you really think it's going to be the last BlackBerry device with physical keyboard?
    I will go for it immediately because I am PKB user .
    12-07-16 06:57 AM
    I'll wait and see the final product. These images show a device that has a few strikes against it in my estimation:

• it looks big. Very big. Too big.
    • it looks unbalanced. Unless there's lead under that keyboard, it's going to be an awkward, top heavy device. Holding it while typing will not be a great feeling.
    • the keys look vertically compressed (short in height from top to bottom), and more like the Priv keyboard than the Classic/Q10 style. But even if the keys are smaller, if they have the depth of press and clickiness of the older models, that would be a good thing. On the other hand, if they have the shallow press of the Priv keyboard, I would pass.

There are also the issues surrounding how the device will run: smoothness in the UI, operating temperature, battery life, etc. No one knows any of that yet.

So I'm neither yay or nay. They're just images circulating on the internet.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-07-16 07:34 AM
    Always hard to tell until you get the phone in your hand.
    Thud Hardsmack and libra89 like this.
    12-12-16 10:27 AM
    I'll take it if:

• the keyboard is of similar quality as the Passport SE's, or at least significantly better than the Priv's
    • it's of decent build quality, and not that clicky & creaky mess the Priv turned out to be
    • it's a little bit narrower than the Passport, and not overly long (still has to fit pants pockets)
    • it's not top-heavy when typing (I'm a little concerned when looking at the pictures).
    • Notification LED (RGB preferred!)

Urgent wishlist (but no deal breakers):

• Priv-/Passport-like capacitive keyboard
    • fingerprint sensor
    Good summary.
    12-14-16 10:51 AM
55 123